Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can andrea just die pls

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaaaaand back to not giving a **** about this show. The build-up to payoff ratio is very lopsided

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
can andrea just die pls
No ****. She is the absolute worst character on this show. She ruins every scene with terrible acting and just being a terrible character irregardless of acting prowess.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop complaining, that wasn't a bad episode. If Andrea would have killed the Governor in his sleep, everybody would be saying how anti-climatic it was for him to die without a fight.

The only problem I have is that it looks like Tyrese looks like he might side with the Governor. If that happens, I'll be pissed. Changing characters from their comic personality is okay. Having him do the exact opposite thing is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy more ****** stuff in movies/shows than a lot of people, but Andrea I cannot stand her character or her.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Stop complaining, that wasn't a bad episode. If Andrea would have killed the Governor in his sleep, everybody would be saying how anti-climatic it was for him to die without a fight.

The only problem I have is that it looks like Tyrese looks like he might side with the Governor. If that happens, I'll be pissed. Changing characters from their comic personality is okay. Having him do the exact opposite thing is not.
you're right it wasn't bad....IT WAS ******* TERRIBLE. For an hour long show to have that much filler and bs is unacceptable. This show should be 30 minutes or start adding something interesting

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awful episode. I thought the first couple episodes since coming back were pretty decent but the show seems to have gone back to being ******* terrible.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't understand the bones people pick with this show. I mean, sure Gonzo is a pretentious prick, but since when does everyone follow his lead?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate agreeing with Caddy but I do with this show. It has to go slow. Most zombie apocalypse things are movies. They have two hours to tell the story. So of course it is faster paced. If every episode they fought a big herd or got into a battle with another group, either everybody would die or you would complain how unrealistic it is that Rick's group never loses.

And you want to talk about payoff? The show everyone on this board loves to fellate (Breaking Bad) had an episode after Walter goes after a fly and then had a twenty minute monologue. Nothing else happened. Every episode doesn't have to have some epic concluding scene.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did being a television show justify not moving a story forward? If you don't have anything interesting to say or produce, cut the season down or get new writers that can actually take an entire season and make every episode interesting and matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And you want to talk about payoff? The show everyone on this board loves to fellate (Breaking Bad) had an episode after Walter goes after a fly and then had a twenty minute monologue. Nothing else happened. Every episode doesn't have to have some epic concluding scene.
That was a single episode of Breaking Bad. The Walking Dead does that for SEASONS. The two are hardly the same at all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Breaking Bad had one slow episode. So therefore theres no difference between Breaking Bad and 2/3s of the episodes TWD lets drag around every season.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 02-25-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That was a single episode of Breaking Bad. The Walking Dead does that for SEASONS. The two are hardly the same at all.
That wasn't the only episode where little or nothing happened. And the Walking Dead didn't do that for seasons. Yes, season two was weak and too slow. But this season has been much better. Last night's episode was the only one of thise season where you could even try to say nothing moved forward.The rest of the episodes have moved things forward, introduced characters, and had action.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't post in here much, but I've kept up with the show, and last night's episode was awful. Literally nothing happened the entire episode (which was centered around Andrea keep in mind). What happened last night? Andrea curb stomped a walker and then went to the prison, did nothing and then went back to Woodbury and did nothing. Literally nothing happened. I get you don't want to have to much going on in an episode that is going up against the Oscars, but come the **** on. The only thing this episode even did to set up something in the future is that you know Tyreese and his crew will be back and playing some sort of role in what looks to be another upcoming confrontation. Now I'm not going to pretend to know what's going to happen on the show, but I'd bet you could skip this episode completely if you were trying to catch up and it wouldn't affect how the story flows. I'm not going to join in on the critical evaluation of the show, but it was a poor episode. The strengths of this show are the dialogue and setting, and even those have their moments where you feel like they are dragging their feet in the writing. Surprisingly, I've grown to like Carl since he got shot, kid turned into a ******* boss right after that, but these mental breakdowns are getting tiresome, is that what is going to happen to Tyreese if the writers decide they're going to "evolve" him more into the comic book character? If so, I'll be questioning the creativity of the writers, and if another person goes insane, I may just let this show go. But for now I'm still entertained, though it takes some suspended disbelief, which gets old after a while.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference between Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead is Breaking Bad features good great dialogue, interesting characters, and very good acting. The Walking Dead fails in all those departments. I tend to laugh when The Walking Dead attempts to be serious and deep because the show fails miserably at it. I do not mind slow episodes at all. The Fly is one of my favorite episodes of Breaking Bad. This was not just a slow episode, it featured no character development, terribly cheesy moments, and was just not good in any way.

I still watch though because bad things can be very entertaining.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Not to mention the writing. BB has exceptional writing. TWD's horizon could have paved the way for some truly compelling and captivating issues that expand on those touched upon by all zombie movies. The show isn't compared to the movies because it lacks pacing, thats another argument within itself. The show gets compared because those movies actively touch upon compelling issues and explore them, they use zombies as a vessel to get to the heart of socialization, ontology, civilization, etc.... with TWD we get "the real world" with zombies.

And even that last part about zombies is an all too rare occurrence when these characters are as terribly written as they are.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 02-25-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I will give this show credit for, they touch on a lot of social problems within our culture today. They showed the governor "drafting" people to fight for Woodbury, which has the potential to be a great secondary focal point for the show and their way of giving their own artistic commentary on things like that (I'm just using last weeks example), instead they bring it up and then don't capitalize on it at all. The writers do this throughout the show. Something will be brought up where morality is questioned, they do something without explanation, something bad happens and after its all over and things get ****** up go "well that sucks", AND THEN NEVER TALK ABOUT IT AGAIN. Part of art is for the person viewing it to gain something from the art itself, not just from an artistic perspective, but a functional one. It's one thing that I get to see people go apeshit on zombies, that's cool, but only gets you so far. You get a much more well-rounded, fuller product of art if you touch on as many different aspects of artistry and functionality (or purpose) as possible. The purpose of a show like this shouldn't be only to entertain us with stories about zombies and people, and I think the writers struggle with what they want the purpose(s) of the show to be.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Not to mention the writing. BB has exceptional writing. TWD's horizon could have paved the way for some truly compelling and captivating issues that expand on those touched upon by all zombie movies. The show isn't compared to the movies because it lacks pacing, thats another argument within itself. The show gets compared because those movies actively touch upon compelling issues and explore them, they use zombies as a vessel to get to the heart of socialization, ontology, civilization, etc.... with TWD we get "the real world" with zombies.
I was spoiled by George Romero zombie films that use zombies as a way to explore various issues the world is facing and had compelling characters. The Walking Dead is just so bad. Even Daryl is becoming kind of a *****. It feels like the writers of the show are all students of an Intro to Writing course in College. It really is a disappointment because there is so much potential for the show to be better and it just seems to fail in every way.

I will use the example of last week with characters missing each other with every shot they took. The excuse for them being expert marksmen against zombies but not against humans was because it would be boring to see them shoot and miss zombies. That is ridiculous. I will use the example of Breaking Bad again. Breaking Bad to me feels very much grounded in reality despite the setting and circumstances being extraordinary. The Walking Dead is chalk full of bad tv tropes and lazy writing. Gotta have a ton of 'oh ****' moments that make no sense too just so the show has a 'badass' vibe. Some episodes seem to embrace the cheese factor and the show becomes so bad it's good but sometimes it is just too over the top bad like every 'emotional' scene in the past episode that completely missed the mark. Art is subjective so continue to watch and like The Walking Dead those who do but I will continue to make fun of it because I think it is a really ****** show.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I was spoiled by George Romero zombie films that use zombies as a way to explore various issues the world is facing and had compelling characters. The Walking Dead is just so bad. Even Daryl is becoming kind of a *****. It feels like the writers of the show are all students of an Intro to Writing course in College. It really is a disappointment because there is so much potential for the show to be better and it just seems to fail in every way.

I will use the example of last week with characters missing each other with every shot they took. The excuse for them being expert marksmen against zombies but not against humans was because it would be boring to see them shoot and miss zombies. That is ridiculous. I will use the example of Breaking Bad again. Breaking Bad to me feels very much grounded in reality despite the setting and circumstances being extraordinary. The Walking Dead is chalk full of bad tv tropes and lazy writing. Gotta have a ton of 'oh ****' moments that make no sense too just so the show has a 'badass' vibe. Some episodes seem to embrace the cheese factor and the show becomes so bad it's good but sometimes it is just too over the top bad like every 'emotional' scene in the past episode that completely missed the mark. Art is subjective so continue to watch and like The Walking Dead those who do but I will continue to make fun of it because I think it is a really ****** show.
Dude were your ears ringing while typing this, we damn near wrote the same type of thing at the same time, lol.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

It isn't very hard to hit stationary targets with a gun. It is also not very difficult to hit a moving target that is walking straight to you. Most of their shots are from close distance. These are easy shots, especially if you have a bit of training, which they do. You know what is hard. Hitting a target while somebody is shooting at you. There isn't time to line up your shot because the more time you spend standing still and lining up your shot, the more time the other guy has to shoot you. Also, how far away was the Governor. 100 yards? More than that? That is a damn hard shot to hit, especially when you are dodging bullets. The fact that they hit zombies most of the time while having a bit more difficulty hitting armed humans is actually realistic.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll ask the question again as I always do when people run in here after every episode and bash this show. Its been 3 seasons the show isn't that much different from year 1. This season has gotten a lot stronger. But all in all most of the problems that most of the more vocal haters have on this show have been there since day 1. Why are you still watching? Some are going to say "for the comedic value LOLZ" but you complain much more than say that anything is funny.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
It isn't very hard to hit stationary targets with a gun. It is also not very difficult to hit a moving target that is walking straight to you. Most of their shots are from close distance. These are easy shots, especially if you have a bit of training, which they do. You know what is hard. Hitting a target while somebody is shooting at you. There isn't time to line up your shot because the more time you spend standing still and lining up your shot, the more time the other guy has to shoot you. Also, how far away was the Governor. 100 yards? More than that? That is a damn hard shot to hit, especially when you are dodging bullets. The fact that they hit zombies most of the time while having a bit more difficulty hitting armed humans is actually realistic.
I have seen zombies get shot in the head with a shotgun from a football field away (maybe a slight exaggeration but not by much), zombies shot in the head from far away from someone in a moving car, other insane shots that would never happen. The show is not at all realistic when it comes to things getting shot but really that is not even a huge gripe about the show because I find it pretty funny.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

And ive been voicing these issues since the very first episode. I am laughing at most of what I'm pointing out when I see it. Its hilarious. It just comes off as argumentative here because there are people who enjoy the show and can manage to over look those glaring issues, and then choose to defend those points by making excuses for it. Which is all good. As Gonzo said if you enjoy the show, keep on enjoying it. Just most of us that are bitching want a better show, its really not a big deal to ask for that- especially given the shows budget, popularity, and AMC's track record.

Also, Carl bending a bullet around his father's head and popping Shane in the face from like 50 feet away is not realisitc (also, it isnt very consistent since Carl couldnt hit a zombie stuck in the mud from like three feet away, we spent an entire episode watching Andrea learn how to shoot a gun, and then all of a sudden the kid is angelina jolie?). And hell, thats not even a big issue at all for me either, thats very minor. There are so many other glaring aspects of this show than can be ripped apart then unrealistic shooting.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 02-25-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Then there is the problem of how the governor was able to get the first shot to begin with.

First off, it should be mentioned that anyone who knows how to use a gun knows that if you lose use of your eye you aim down the sights with (the governor's right handed and lost his right eye) the opposite eye you hold your gun in, you ain't hitting **** unless you have had serious training using both eyes to aim down the sight. Considering the governor had lost that eye not so long before that scene, that's entirely implausible. Unless you want to subscribe to beginner's luck getting him that headshot as the reason he made that shot then missed all the others, that scene is completely implausible. Anyone with knowledge on firearms will tell you the various things that make no sense about that scene. But I understand you must suspend your disbelief to an extent with this show, but like Gonzo says, you should have some roots based off of reality, it seems that they bend the rules of this show to ease the load on the writers. Whether that is by design or not, I don't know, but that's just how it seems to me.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I'll ask the question again as I always do when people run in here after every episode and bash this show. Its been 3 seasons the show isn't that much different from year 1. This season has gotten a lot stronger. But all in all most of the problems that most of the more vocal haters have on this show have been there since day 1. Why are you still watching? Some are going to say "for the comedic value LOLZ" but you complain much more than say that anything is funny.
I will once again answer, I find the show hilarious. Take last night's episode. Awful musical montage at the end? ******* brilliant. I think that was supposed to build tension and make everything emotional, it had the opposite effect on me. Carl can't act so every scene he is in I find ******* hilarious. especially his scene with Rick. Got a good laugh when Rick said Carl is 'ready'. The delivery was terrible. There were many little scenes between people meant to develop their characters that fell completely flat to me so I enjoyed that. I liken me watching the show to rubbernecking, The Walking Dead is a horrific car wreck that I cannot help but gawk at.