Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Don't get all the Teo hate all of a sudden. Whatever happened, IMO he is still an elite LB in this draft. I would say its:

1. Arthur Brown
2. Manti Te'o
3. Gerald Hodges
4. Alec Ogltree

All elite LB potential.

Last edited by bigbenn : 02-25-2013 at 01:58 PM.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny if Te'o came out and ran a 4.55 everyone would be like " Beast " and " Monster " but cause he runs a 4.8 he's a 5th round pick? Guys lets all take it down a bit. Is Te'o a top 10 pick? NO. but the guy will be drafted around 20-35 and will be a good LB in the NFL cause he knows how to play the game of football.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Don't get all the Teo hate all of a sudden. Whatever happened, IMO he is still an elite LB in this draft. I would say its:

1. Arthur Brown
2. Manti Te'o
3. Gerald Hodges
4. Alec Ogltree

All elite LB potential.
LBs in the modern NFL have to play a lot of coverage, as 3rd and 2 is a passing down for most NFL teams. Far from being a strength, this is actually a weakness for Te'o. So he's certainly not "elite" in "how he can help your team" since he's more or less a 2-down linebacker.

Which is not to say that those guys aren't worth having(goodness knows, Patrick Willis comes off the field in the dime), and you won't play them, but Te'o's problems are the same as the problems of a lot of highly touted college linebackers (Hawk, Maualuga, Laurinitis, notably): He's poor in coverage, he's not explosive, his range is suspect, and he doesn't get off blocks. Other than that, he's a fine player but that's pretty damning.

If I'm going to talk an ILB high, it's Ogletree or Brown. Guys like Te'o and Minter aren't really guys I trust to run in coverage with tight ends, so I wouldn't spend a high pick on them.

If this were 1986, then yeah Te'o would be a high pick and touted as a great player, but the game has changed a lot in the last 25 years. Back in the day safeties weren't worth high picks but you needed a tough MLB with instincts. These days, that's reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
It's funny if Te'o came out and ran a 4.55 everyone would be like " Beast " and " Monster " but cause he runs a 4.8 he's a 5th round pick? Guys lets all take it down a bit. Is Te'o a top 10 pick? NO. but the guy will be drafted around 20-35 and will be a good LB in the NFL cause he knows how to play the game of football.
Really, if you were surprised by Te'o's 40 time, you haven't really watched him all that closely. He doesn't play fast or explosive, so why would you expect him to look that way in sports? IMO, he's a 2-down LB in the NFL and he'll be drafted appropriately.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 02-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Knows how to not cover the pass and get pushed around against the run, I guess. The only times Manti Te'o looked good for extended periods were against ****** teams.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So do JPP, Mario Williams, and Julius Peppers.
Shame that Williams and Peppers lack the "want to" to ever come close to realizing their potential.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Guess who the Ravens aren't taking...?
That is classic.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Also on pass rushers, once again Buchanan is slept on. He has the best combination of athleticism, football IQ and actual production among DE's. He would project perfectly as a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. Carradine is #1 for me, but Buchanan is right there. I just like Carradine so much because he's 4.65-4.75 type of guy already and could easily be 285.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Shame that Williams and Peppers lack the "want to" to ever come close to realizing their potential.
Yup. Motor issues. It's a shame bc Peppers could have put his name on Mt Rushmore with the other great pass rushers if he put in the effort throughout his career.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gooden with a 4.47, I like it
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
LOL! Slower than molasses on a cold day.

Ettiene Sabino clocked a 4.69 which surprised the hell out of me.
I thought that was Harbaugh watching Hankins. A good lawyer would have a field day with that clip.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Also on pass rushers, once again Buchanan is slept on. He has the best combination of athleticism, football IQ and actual production among DE's. He would project perfectly as a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. Carradine is #1 for me, but Buchanan is right there. I just like Carradine so much because he's 4.65-4.75 type of guy already and could easily be 285.
People are sleeping on Buchanan because he's a nightmare to look at when awake; sleeping on him, the nightmare goes way.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Knows how to not cover the pass and get pushed around against the run, I guess. The only times Manti Te'o looked good for extended periods were against ****** teams.
he was absolutely insanely good against oklahoma

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
People are sleeping on Buchanan because he's a nightmare to look at when awake; sleeping on him, the nightmare goes way.
So basically the opposite of Freddy Kreuger

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The apologists for Teo would say he had 7 ints this year, good for not being able to cover anyone. the game that stands out against the run was against Bama, who have the best line in the country and were pretty much in his face all day.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The apologists for Teo would say he had 7 ints this year, good for not being able to cover anyone. the game that stands out against the run was against Bama, who have the best line in the country and were pretty much in his face all day.
While Warmack did dominate him a few times, Te'o also had a 1000 missed tackles on the runners.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
So basically the opposite of Freddy Kreuger
pretty much

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
pretty much
Well....you just talked me into wanting him for the Bills.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Yup. Motor issues. It's a shame bc Peppers could have put his name on Mt Rushmore with the other great pass rushers if he put in the effort throughout his career.
Peppers at age 32 has 111.5 sacks and will probably play for at least 2-3 more years.

Right now he's #18 all time on the sack leaderboard, and again, he will play at least 2-3 more years.

I think this guy will be a Hall of Fame player before it's over. Motor issues were highly overstated re: Peppers.

I would bet good money that he will finish his career with more sacks than Jason Pierre Paul will have in his career when they're both done.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Peppers at age 32 has 111.5 sacks and will probably play for at least 2-3 more years.

Right now he's #18 all time on the sack leaderboard, and again, he will play at least 2-3 more years.

I think this guy will be a Hall of Fame player before it's over. Motor issues were highly overstated re: Peppers.

I would bet good money that he will finish his career with more sacks than Jason Pierre Paul will have in his career when they're both done.
Peppers has HOF potential, sure. Our expectations for him was top 5 pass rusher of all time, which he won't be. That's the disappointing part. He should have been a lock for the HOF and an all time great and he's not that.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Peppers has HOF potential, sure. Our expectations for him was top 5 pass rusher of all time, which he won't be. That's the disappointing part. He should have been a lock for the HOF and an all time great and he's not that.
He could easily crack the top-10 all time. In fact, I'd be surprised if he doesn't before it's over.

Hard to be disappointed with top-10 all time.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Minter is a terrific player and instinctive...i think he plays faster than that time
I was referring to the fact that seemingly every LSU linebacker runs no faster than a ~4.8 time.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are underrating Te'o.

2 months ago 90% of this board: ER MAH GERD!! Manti! top 8 pick? Luke? who? dude Te'o is a way better prospect!!

Now 90% of this forum: Errrr Te'o is pooh. Told you all!!
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guess who the Ravens aren't taking...?
As a Ravens fan who want no piece of Manti TeŽo, this makes me sooo happy.
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:

Haha...I'm serious though. I compare him to Jason Taylor. He SHOULD be a top 15-20 pick but this is why GM's are fired...also wanted to add that if I'm a GM I'm taking Carradine top 5 regardless. Guy is just a beast.

As for Te'o as someone mentioned he was very good against Oklahoma. I've watched the majority of his games at ND and he has stood out like that from day one. The only difference was his final year he had a lot of talent around him. The Bama game does nothing for me because, and I'm being totally honest, there was something off that game. I felt it but I couldn't put my finger on it. I was shocked by both his and ND's performance. Once I found out about the scandal, it did not shock me. Something was clearly off. Te'o is still elite. If he is picked anywhere outside the 1st he becomes a steal.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
From twitter:

(https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/...26226823725056)

Incarcerated Bob: "**UPDATED NFL NEWS** NFC East scout just sent #IBN a text "Would not draft Manti Te'o in first 5 rd's - maybe late or undrafted FA" #OUCH"
********?

I'd love to hear the reasoning. He's not a favorite of mine, but I'm not letting him fall out of the first two days.