Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-25-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Cornellius Washington or Terron Armstead?
add Sio Moore to this discussion

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for my boy Zaviar Gooden. Color me shocked.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
People are underrating Te'o.

2 months ago 90% of this board: ER MAH GERD!! Manti! top 8 pick? Luke? who? dude Te'o is a way better prospect!!

Now 90% of this forum: Errrr Te'o is pooh. Told you all!!
Disagree, you all are overrating him. You seem to have forgot he ran a 4.8 at 241, not 255.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Disagree, you all are overrating him. You seem to have forgot he ran a 4.8 at 241, not 255.
That's a pretty big difference. If he ran at 255, he might have ran a 5.0 something, which is Brandon Spikes territory.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

He is much more athletic than Spikes. And he's tough too. We'll just agree to disagree. One more DE in the draft who I was unaware of...Corey Lemonnier. He's right there with Buchanan and Carradine. Great player, excellent potential. Combine will open eyes on him.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd have him in there. Still not seeing a lot of love for Ryan Swope. The whole world thought he'd be a mid 4.5 guy and he runs a 4.34 with a 37 inch vertical. Are you ####ing me.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you Landry Jones!

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd have him in there. Still not seeing a lot of love for Ryan Swope. The whole world thought he'd be a mid 4.5 guy and he runs a 4.34 with a 37 inch vertical. Are you ####ing me.
The mofo ran for over 1800 yards as a running back his senior year in high school. Makes you wonder why he wasn't billed as a better athlete all along.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you Landry Jones!

Damn did I see a wrestling stance in there haha
Old 02-25-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you Rich Eisen.

Sorry, I had to fix that for you.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
You can't just look at college production when the guy learned football 3 years ago. This is just insane. That's the point.
yeah but its pretty hypocritical for guys to put down Margus Hunt when he only learned the game a few years ago, coming from Estonia to throw the discus in the olympics. Yeah he didn't show up in some games, but he did in others, he is just learning the game, yet he gets mocked as being "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane"
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Led the league in high fives and butt-slaps" is probably the greatest scouting comment that I've heard. (in reference to players who are always running over to congratulate teammates because they don't make plays themselves)

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
He is much more athletic than Spikes. And he's tough too. We'll just agree to disagree. One more DE in the draft who I was unaware of...Corey Lemonnier. He's right there with Buchanan and Carradine. Great player, excellent potential. Combine will open eyes on him.
Buchanan is strictly an 3-4 OLB with his build, no way he can play DE unless it is as a situational pass rusher.

Lemonier has a motor that runs hot and cold and played terribly the later part of the season. Round 3 seems like a very possible destination.

Te'o could definitely slip to round 2, he did not impress at the Combine and the Alabama game exposed his weaknesses against pro type players. ILB's have a tough time getting picked in round 1 anyways, so it seems likely Te'o won't get picked there either.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Excellent in pass coverage but gets eaten alive by blockers in the run game. There is definitely a place for him in the modern game where passing rules the roast but he has limitations.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
The mofo ran for over 1800 yards as a running back his senior year in high school. Makes you wonder why he wasn't billed as a better athlete all along.
We could do a whole topic about why he isn't thought of as a better athlete but his combine when you add the vertical and a 10'5" jump to a great 40 I just think he's being ignored here.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does the Tarzan-Jane thing come from with Hunt?

His production numbers are pretty good for a LE/5-tech. He's improved throughout his career culminating in a dominating performance against Fresno State this year. Is he as violently consistent as I'd like him to be? No. Is his motor as consistent as I'd like it to be? No. Is he too high at times? Sure - but many huge DL have that problem.

As a pure pass rusher he's extremely gifted. He needs to learn how to get his feet and hands working together. There are plenty of plays where he's thisclose and has his hands working but his feet not and vice versa. He can dip and run the arc or rip or overpower. When he puts it all together he's an absolute monster at generating pressure.

My only real concern would be pad level against the run as a 2-gap player in a 3-4. When you get your hands inside on him he can look bad. I think I'd prefer him as a 4-3 left end really.

He's also got 0 instincts in terms of swatting in the passing lane when his initial rush is stalled against certain drops but he's only now starting to get comfortable learning the game. As a coach, I'd look at that as a positive because I know he'll improve there.

I don't know. I watched Fresno, Pitt from '11 and another game on youtube. Maybe those happen to be his best games? He looks like an awesome prospect. He even makes some big plays in those games. His weaknesses are things you can absolutely work on and any good coach would actually EXPECT to improve for a guy who learned the game just four years ago.

And as for his ultimate draft slot - he's going in the first. I'd argue he should and even if you think otherwise and disagree with me about his film, you have to realize that it's a size/speed league and he's got both. I'd be mildly surprised with top 15, shocked with round 2.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We could do a whole topic about why he isn't thought of as a better athlete but his combine when you add the vertical and a 10'5" jump to a great 40 I just think he's being ignored here.
I don't think his production matches his his athletic ability and you cannot say his QB is a slouch.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Where does the Tarzan-Jane thing come from with Hunt?

His production numbers are pretty good for a LE/5-tech. He's improved throughout his career culminating in a dominating performance against Fresno State this year. Is he as violently consistent as I'd like him to be? No. Is his motor as consistent as I'd like it to be? No. Is he too high at times? Sure - but many huge DL have that problem.

As a pure pass rusher he's extremely gifted. He needs to learn how to get his feet and hands working together. There are plenty of plays where he's thisclose and has his hands working but his feet not and vice versa. He can dip and run the arc or rip or overpower. When he puts it all together he's an absolute monster at generating pressure.

My only real concern would be pad level against the run as a 2-gap player in a 3-4. When you get your hands inside on him he can look bad. I think I'd prefer him as a 4-3 left end really.

He's also got 0 instincts in terms of swatting in the passing lane when his initial rush is stalled against certain drops but he's only now starting to get comfortable learning the game. As a coach, I'd look at that as a positive because I know he'll improve there.

I don't know. I watched Fresno, Pitt from '11 and another game on youtube. Maybe those happen to be his best games? He looks like an awesome prospect. He even makes some big plays in those games. His weaknesses are things you can absolutely work on and any good coach would actually EXPECT to improve for a guy who learned the game just four years ago.

And as for his ultimate draft slot - he's going in the first. I'd argue he should and even if you think otherwise and disagree with me about his film, you have to realize that it's a size/speed league and he's got both. I'd be mildly surprised with top 15, shocked with round 2.
The Senior Bowl. Where despite his size and strength, he was consistently moved around in run blocking. Where despite his size and athleticism, he could rarely manage to beat his blocker, with Scott Wright describing his spin move as being in 'slow-motion'.

He may be less experienced in the game, but he's already 26 and shows little technical promise. He can run fast and lift weights, but so can a lot of guys, and like a lot of guys, he doesn't seem capable of translating his athleticism into production. Simply put, no thanks.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I don't think his production matches his his athletic ability and you cannot say his QB is a slouch.
He had a ton of production in college but ok.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Senior Bowl. Where despite his size and strength, he was consistently moved around in run blocking. Where despite his size and athleticism, he could rarely manage to beat his blocker, with Scott Wright describing his spin move as being in 'slow-motion'.

He may be less experienced in the game, but he's already 26 and shows little technical promise. He can run fast and lift weights, but so can a lot of guys, and like a lot of guys, he doesn't seem capable of translating his athleticism into production. Simply put, no thanks.
Now wait a minute.

You just based your opinion on Senior Bowl practice reports and whatever you may have seen televised. That's fine. But you can't say "production." That's not accurate. He did produce and perform at SMU.

I did not know it was widely known he struggled that much at the Senior Bowl. I guess that explains some of the comments I've been reading. I never came across any nuggets about him struggling nor did I see any of his reps (if any were televised at all I don't know).

That does make sense though. It's very possible the few televised reps he had were poor and many people on here saw those and have based their opinion maybe even just slightly on that. Or that + reports that he struggled. That would concern me.

However, I think I should point out that:
A) He didn't even try the spin move from what I've watched so perhaps he was "spring training" a new pitch so to speak.

and

B) Daniel Jeremiah did mention not to put too much stock into Sr. Bowl week. He recounted Vincent Jackson dropping everything and someone else who put on a show and then sucked (don't remember who).

The jump in level of competition is a concern if he indeed did badly struggle. I didn't find much from google so I'm going to take my game tape/combine #s and judge from there. But if anyone else read or saw his Sr. Bowl stuff that'd help.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
161 catches and 2120 yds the last two years for Swope. Not sure what's wrong with that.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
161 catches and 2120 yds the last two years for Swope. Not sure what's wrong with that.
I see round 2 in his future, was just too lazy to look it up and was hoping somebody would do it for me, TX.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I see round 2 in his future, was just too lazy to look it up and was hoping somebody would do it for me, TX.
That's what we're here for. Can I get you a beer and a sandwich while I'm at it.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Te'o a better prospect then Mualuaga? Serious question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much sums up his stock in a few seconds at the current moment....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote