Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-25-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really liking Sio Moore, who I think could play any of our LB spots.

He would be great value in the 3rd round imho
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the combine results, I am not liking our situation.

our top prospects (Ansah, Johnson, Jordan, Floyd, Fisher) etc will all likely be gone.

Most of the players I had targeted now seem to be reaching a little.

Plus the second tier largely dissapointed, I am not sure who is going to slip to us in the second.

At the moment, I am currently thinking that we could go with a DB in the first round. I want to see how they run before I have an idea of who is likley.

In the second round I am current thinking guys like Tank Carradine or Barret Jones.

To be honest I would much rather package our first and second picks and move up to get Ezekiel Ansah.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Looking at the combine results, I am not liking our situation.

our top prospects (Ansah, Johnson, Jordan, Floyd, Fisher) etc will all likely be gone.

Most of the players I had targeted now seem to be reaching a little.

Plus the second tier largely dissapointed, I am not sure who is going to slip to us in the second.

At the moment, I am currently thinking that we could go with a DB in the first round. I want to see how they run before I have an idea of who is likley.

In the second round I am current thinking guys like Tank Carradine or Barret Jones.

To be honest I would much rather package our first and second picks and move up to get Ezekiel Ansah.
Only 18 players can go before we pick. Let's hope 1 of them is a qb. Maybe 2 of them.

That means only 16 players who are relevant to us will go before we pick.

That tells me that a damn good player is gonna be there at 19. Just gotta be patient and select off the board vs the need.

Let's list em.

Joekel
Fisher
Lane Johnson
Shariff Floyd
Sheldon Richardson
Star Lotuei (sp)
Dion Jordan
Ziggy Ansah
DJ Fluker
Chance Warmack
Jonathan Cooper
Alec Oggletree
Kenny Vaccaro

Thats 13. I'm drawing a blank for the other 3. But one of those 13 has to be there no? I mean, what's the chances all 13 of those guys are off the board?

Not a huge Moore or Werner fan as of right now. So I exclude them.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Only 18 players can go before we pick. Let's hope 1 of them is a qb. Maybe 2 of them.

That means only 16 players who are relevant to us will go before we pick.

That tells me that a damn good player is gonna be there at 19. Just gotta be patient and select off the board vs the need.

Let's list em.

Joekel
Fisher
Lane Johnson
Shariff Floyd
Sheldon Richardson
Star Lotuei (sp)
Dion Jordan
Ziggy Ansah
DJ Fluker
Chance Warmack
Jonathan Cooper
Alec Oggletree
Kenny Vaccaro

Thats 13. I'm drawing a blank for the other 3. But one of those 13 has to be there no? I mean, what's the chances all 13 of those guys are off the board?

Not a huge Moore or Werner fan as of right now. So I exclude them.
I don't think Ogletree will go early, his off field stuff will impact him

Im ok with Fluker, but was expecting him to flash more

Lotulelei and Warmack underwhelmed, I expected more from them, not sure about either to be honest.

Agreed on Moore and Werner.

I'd be ok with Arthur Brown as well. You probably should add Milliner in the top group

Cordarelle Patterson should go in that top tier

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-25-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still like Werner, personally. I don't buy the one-trick pony talk. I wouldn't mind it at all if the Giants drafted him. Although I do see him as more of a natural RE, so that would force JPP to go play LE in the future(or possibly even this season).

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna study Tank and Werner this week and form my final opinion on them.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm gonna study Tank and Werner this week and form my final opinion on them.
I am looking forward to seeing your thoughts.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am really liking Sio Moore, who I think could play any of our LB spots.

He would be great value in the 3rd round imho
I don't keep up as much on my UConn football now that I'm down south but Moore was always great.

And Greene's numbers weren't too surprising for me. He's not really fast and he's not strong. That's fine though. He is what he is. He'll be a solid linebacker, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't keep up as much on my UConn football now that I'm down south but Moore was always great.

And Greene's numbers weren't too surprising for me. He's not really fast and he's not strong. That's fine though. He is what he is. He'll be a solid linebacker, nothing more, nothing less.
Brace yourself. Scotty is not amused.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brace yourself. Scotty is not amused.
Haha, that's fine. I've said it before about him too, so it's not shocking that this happened at the combine to me.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I was looking at Moore's production

He was listed at around 230 at college, from reports I have been hearing he is quite instinctive

In three years as a starter (36 games) he has 268 tackles, 43 tfl, 16 sacks, 18 PBU and 4 int

I was intrigued with him before as a WLB option (much like Williams), but now he has been able to bulk up to 245, keep his speed. he has decent arm length yet put up 29 reps so it seems he has the physical capability to play any our LB spots.

I haven't seen Moore play, so I don't know how physical his play is; but he has the physical tools on par with any of the LBs in this group and looks like he is under the radar and could be a bargain in maybe the 3rd round.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I think Greene's numbers are fine, that is what he was expected to run. Instincts were always a big part of his game.

I still think he is a very nice prospect.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Sio Moore seems quite explosive

using the results data from walter football, he has an explosive rating of 80 on Pat Kirwan's scale
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/artic...xplosion.shtml

With a short shuttle of 4.31, Moore has a good change of direction.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

BBD's boy Cornelius Washington absolutely destroyed the combine.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He did, I want to find out why he didn't produce those kind of results at Georgia (there may be legit reasons).

I actually think he goes as a 3-4 rush OLB to be honest.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah.

And I do like Sio Moore a lot. To me he's a more athletic version of Kasheem. He's actually a really good pass rusher too.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

here is what Rob Rang has about Sio Moore

Quote:
STRENGHTS: Reads the action quickly and has the speed to close, making him a classic 4-3 weak-side linebacker candidate. He was a versatile performer in college with good production as a hybrid linebacker for the Huskies, not looking out of place when asked to play in space against either the run or pass. Even in non-contact drills at the Shrine Game, Moore's competitive drive and explosive hitting ability were evident.

WEAKNESSES: At his size, Moore will need to continue to improve his strength in taking on and shedding blocks.

--Rob Rang
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah.

And I do like Sio Moore a lot. To me he's a more athletic version of Kasheem. He's actually a really good pass rusher too.
44 career TFL and 18 sacks certainly shows some ability to get into the backfield and make plays.

Moore may even be my preferred LB in this draft.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh, Ray Rice was seen as too short and too slow.

I'm not worried about Khaseem's measurements. He's a baller and it shows on the field.

I actually do like Moore, but while he's a better athlete, Khaseem's the superior football player. Combine time makes people forget we're drafting football players and not athletes. While athletes are great, there are the Bruce Campbells of the world.

Granted, trbl stuff like Te'o and huge boosts like Washington do help and are telling. but the middle of the pack things are just kinda meh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It's not too late to join the bandwagon.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Sio Moore seems quite explosive

using the results data from walter football, he has an explosive rating of 80 on Pat Kirwan's scale
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/artic...xplosion.shtml

With a short shuttle of 4.31, Moore has a good change of direction.
I want to scout this guy. He sounds intriguing.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not too late to join the bandwagon.
with all the twitter love he's getting, i feel proud to say that you got us on that wagon earlier than most. feels goodman
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4.50 and 4.62 unofficials for my man Logan. If he's on the board in the 2nd for us I hope we pounce.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Logan <3

this CB class is so deep. So is the front 7. We've got a great draft for our needs. We can get a vet to go with AR and BEAR at TE. Sucks Marty B may walk, but not a big loss, really. I'm excited. We can go DL, OL, CB in ANY order our 1st 3 rounds and I'll really be ok with it
Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Logan <3

this CB class is so deep. So is the front 7. We've got a great draft for our needs. We can get a vet to go with AR and BEAR at TE. Sucks Marty B may walk, but not a big loss, really. I'm excited. We can go DL, OL, CB in ANY order our 1st 3 rounds and I'll really be ok with it
Yup same thoughts here. Just want to add that the Cruz situation is still one to monitor at this point though. We probably go QB, TE, and LB early this draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote