Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiwi restructured. Saves us 1 million this year. And his cap hit only goes up 500K each of the next two years. Not a bad small restructure.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiwi exemplifies everything I want in a player. He should be defensive captain as far as I'm concerned.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he can stay on the DL, at DE, and do well.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Kiwi exemplifies everything I want in a player. He should be defensive captain as far as I'm concerned.
I like him but let's be real. He also did jackshit last year. The only reason you don't hear about it is because the bigger name guys ahead of him also sucked.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I like him but let's be real. He also did jackshit last year. The only reason you don't hear about it is because the bigger name guys ahead of him also sucked.
If he played full time DE I think he'd be more productive than Tuck. When we put him on the DL, he's always at DT so he really doesn't get the same opportunties to rush the passer.

Now I'm not saying he's a great pass rusher by any stretch, but I do feel that at this point in both their careers, Kiwi will produce more than Tuck. And his approach to the game and team first attitude is much better than Tucks.

When Kiwi had a neck injury that might end his career, you didn't hear a sound from him. When Tuck had a neck injury he was moping around and bitching all the time about it.

It's the difference in mentality btw the 2 that stands out to me. It's not like Tuck is a 10 sack a season guy himself.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, to be fair to Kiwi, He's being used in the wrong position. He's not a linebacker. He should've stayed at DE.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Well, to be fair to Kiwi, He's being used in the wrong position. He's not a linebacker. He should've stayed at DE.
He was still better as a LB in 2011 than 2012.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If he played full time DE I think he'd be more productive than Tuck. When we put him on the DL, he's always at DT so he really doesn't get the same opportunties to rush the passer.

Now I'm not saying he's a great pass rusher by any stretch, but I do feel that at this point in both their careers, Kiwi will produce more than Tuck. And his approach to the game and team first attitude is much better than Tucks.

When Kiwi had a neck injury that might end his career, you didn't hear a sound from him. When Tuck had a neck injury he was moping around and bitching all the time about it.

It's the difference in mentality btw the 2 that stands out to me. It's not like Tuck is a 10 sack a season guy himself.
I'm not getting into all of this again but Tuck had 3 major deaths around him all in a short time period plus the injury. He gets a pass from me for his moping at the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Kiwi and he is a real leader.

I actually believe with Osi's departure it is likely he will move full time to DE and get his share of snaps. While he may not be the pure pass rusher Osi was he is more physical and can play both sides effectively.

It is also cheaper and easier to get LB talent than DEs
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The other factor I like about Kiwi at DE is that he would give legitimate competition for both Tuck and JPP, putting pressure on both to work hard and perform. That's something you wouldn't get from a rookie.

You know Kiwi will work hard and try to make the most if his opportunity at DE and will be putting a fire under Tuck and JPP. I really think he could be the catalyst to reignite our pass rush.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-25-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think drafting a DE puts more pressure on Kiwi/Tuck than JPP. JPP really has no pressure. He knows he's the future on the DL for us.

The other 2 would see the writing on the wall.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think drafting a DE puts more pressure on Kiwi/Tuck than JPP. JPP really has no pressure. He knows he's the future on the DL for us.

The other 2 would see the writing on the wall.
Why a rookie will take time to develop, so your looking realistically in a year before they are a legit threat, which is after Tuck's contract anyways. JPP knows he is the guy and has a monster contract in the near future.

Whereas if either doesn't perform each and every time they are on the field (practice or game), they will lose snaps to Kiwi who they know is a proven, experienced vet and ready to perform right now.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was still better as a LB in 2011 than 2012.
Oh, I agree with you on that. It's hard to name a lot of defensive players who performed better in 2012 than 2011 on our team though.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

It looks like Reese has been doing a bit behind the scenes, but as always playing his cards close to his chest.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had reworked deals in the pipeline for Manning Snee or Baas as well as Diehl and Webster (who still have value at the right price).
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Beatty is close to a deal, and MB will walk at the TE spot..

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo: For my Giants followers, I wouldn't sweat Will Beatty's free agency. Lots of time to resolve what I'm hearing are minor issues.
Quote:
Tweet from Mike Garafolo:
@ttcheech I think Bennett is gonna walk. Just a guess based on hearing they're doing research on other TEs avail.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Looks like Beatty is close to a deal, and MB will walk at the TE spot..
Dissappointing if Bennett leaves, but we can't afford to over pay.

It might depend on what other teams (like Tampa) are willing to shell out.

I was expecting Bennett to resign, but if he moves on so be it. We can reload at the TE spot if need be.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No! They cant let the Black Unicorn walk.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Dissappointing if Bennett leaves, but we can't afford to over pay.

It might depend on what other teams (like Tampa) are willing to shell out.

I was expecting Bennett to resign, but if he moves on so be it. We can reload at the TE spot if need be.
And have to break in yet another TE at a position which is very important to the offense. I hate that! After Boss, it's been musical chairs. Keep a TE and sign the damn guy long term! I don't care if it's someone else, just keep that position constant. No, AR better be developed to play from day 1. No 1298319082 year program and read at age 30. LOL. Play the JPP of TEs and let's see if the kid can ball. If not, then lock down someone who can. And give him more than a damn 1 year deal.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why? We've been tremendously successful with various TE's, many of who are not that talented. Why invest a lot of money in the position when we need to spend it elsewhere?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I don't think TE is that important at all in this offense. I want Marty B back but they'll find someone new to plug and play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

It's one of the most important positions in our offense. We always have a TE out there. And due to the way we utilize the position, we expect them to be 2 way TEs. They need to block well, like a OL men, and then go out on routes and makes plays. That position is maximized.

It's stupid to go musical TEs now. We not phase the position out, or use the position like the other teams. A glorified pass catcher who doesn't need to block. Do that, and I don't care who we have. Just line up and go out on routes all day long.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Does this mean AR can start? As in play him, and he will learn and get better?

Quote:
From Reese's Combine presser:

Q: On what TE Adrien Robinson needs to do to become a key player for the Giants:

A: He flashed a lot of good things at practice. I just think he needs to get out there and play. I think it’s the number one thing you need to do with players – put them out there and let them play. Hopefully he’ll be able to get out there and play. That’s what’s most important for me – to get him out there.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Relax NYG. Deep breathes. We'll be ok. I want Unicorn back too but we'll manage without him.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Relax NYG. Deep breathes. We'll be ok. I want Unicorn back too but we'll manage without him.
It's a very important position in our offense. If we plan on musical TEs, then just phase it out or make it a glorified WR. Then plug and play, and we can get a new one every year. The problem is these fools have to be 2 way TE and be good at it. If they can;t run block it hurts us, if we can't utilize them well in the passing game it hurts us.

I don't mind letting him go, but let's change this stupid system and make the TE a big WR essentially.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I know our TE is on the field a good amount of the time but it is not important. The staff feels like they could plug and play almost anyone there meaning they don't put much emphasis on it. We hardly ever go the TE in the receiving game as well. Last we have the best TE coach ever so I'm fine with how we treat the position.

sig by BoneKrusher