Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Werner, Ansah, and Moore are on average mid-1st RD picks, but the lack of elite talent in this draft is pushing them into Top 2-10 considerations. There's no elite QB, RB, WR, DE, CB, or S, so the best players at each position (especially the important ones like QB, DE, and CB) are having their values inflated. Bad year to have a Top 5 pick, but fortunately for us, 10th overall looks like the sweet spot. We'll land a player of the same caliber as picks 1-9, but we won't have to reach. Plus, this draft makes it up by being deep, and we may have four Top 100 selections.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What type of DE would you like to us add TH? If you had your choice of any DE in the class. I know you said Ansah is your new #1, but is that just overall ranking the DEs or ranking them for us?

Also, just an FYI I've been watching a lot of film on Devin Taylor, been through 3 games the past few days and hoping to get thru a few more. But i'm really liking what I see. The coaches and scouts can get to the bottom of it because I know i'll never get the chance, but I'd like to know exactly what he was asked to do for SC. I see ALOT of reading and reacting, reading RBs coming out of the backfield, reading where the QB is looking and even dropping into coverage some. Several times it looks like he engages then stands reading, but when getting after the QB he looks very good. Also, he is a lot better in run support than I thought he'd be. He was also often used in a 3-4 DE Role.

He lacks some use of his hands, and pass rush moves, but I think the pieces are there. He has a pretty good swim move though.

Here's some mid-late rounders that I think have potential:
DE Meshak Williams
DE Devin Taylor
DE Wes Horton
DE Walter Stewart
DE Armonty Bryant
DE Marquis Jackson (Malik's brother)
DE David Bass

Also, after watching Star, Joe Kruger really raised up my boards. He's raw, but he's got good potential, not a late rounder like the others though.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some other players that I had been interested in and there combine results are:

RB Stepfan Taylor, really moved down my board after running a 4.76 40. I knew he didn't have great speed, but didn't expect that slow.
RB Le'Veon Ball ran very well for 230, and I've liked him all along . He's my favorite to compliment CJ, although I also like Joseph Randle
RB Knile Davis, I've liked him for some time now, but after putting on a Chris Henry like performance, I think he'll go far higher than his play indicates.
FB Braden Wilson solidified himself in my eyes at 6034 251
C Brian Schwenke looks really good to me, I like him in the 4th
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how well he compliments CJ, but as a UCLA fan I really like Jonathon Franklin. He was incredible this past season and has had a great offseason. While not the biggest guy, he actually breaks a good amount of tackles because he has excellent balance.

Stephan Taylor will definitely slide due to his combine numbers, but if he's there in round 4 or later he's worth a look. He's not a game breaker, but he's has great patience and instincts as a runner. Could be a nice compliment to CJ's style. I like Le'Veon Bell as well, but I think he will go in round 2 or 3 so it depends if we feel a second RB is worth that investment.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Not sure how well he compliments CJ, but as a UCLA fan I really like Jonathon Franklin. He was incredible this past season and has had a great offseason. While not the biggest guy, he actually breaks a good amount of tackles because he has excellent balance.

Stephan Taylor will definitely slide due to his combine numbers, but if he's there in round 4 or later he's worth a look. He's not a game breaker, but he's has great patience and instincts as a runner. Could be a nice compliment to CJ's style. I like Le'Veon Bell as well, but I think he will go in round 2 or 3 so it depends if we feel a second RB is worth that investment.
I use the term "compliment" fluidly. Personally, I don't think it has to be a Mike Alstott & Warrick Dunn duo (it's sad that this comparison is starting to show my age). But even anybody that has a different running style than CJ, to me, is a compliment back. Look at Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. FJ is not by any means a power back, but he and CJ work very well together.

Joseph Randle to me may just be the most complete back in the draft, Le'Veon Bell is right up there with him though. In my books, Randle is a late 2nd grade, so we'd likely have to grab him in the 2nd if we definitely wanted him, or just wait and see if we can get value in the 3rd. Bell on the other hand, is a mid 3rd round grade, so we could likely take him with our 3rd, or hope he's there with our compensatory selection at the end of the 3rd.

Depending on what we do in free agency, I wouldn't mind spending a 3rd on a RB. While it may not seem like the biggest need in the world, it'd help the offense and extend CJs career
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milliner killed it in the 40. May not even be there at 10 now. Rhodes, I think, is the next guy up at corner, but we'll have to see what kind of deep speed he has for our scheme, because we play alot more off coverage than press man. The good thing, imo, about getting a corner, is that it improves two positions at once with Vern moving to the slot. The value probably won't be there at 10 if Milliner is off the board though.

EDIT - Rhodes with a 4.41 unofficial. Great time.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 02-26-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm not a big fan of drafting a CB high in the draft, there are lots of good FA corners that can play outside and move Verner inside that should come relatively inexpensive.

Or we can always play Tommie Campbell!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Or we can always play Tommie Campbell!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for fun:
...............................Jason Pierre-Paul......Ziggy Ansah

Height............................6'4 3/4".................6'5"
Weight.............................270............ .........271
Arms...............................34.6".......... ........35 1/8"
Hands..............................10.4".......... ....... 10 1/4"
40...................................4.78......... ..........4.63
Vertical............................30.5"......... .........34.5"
Broad Jump.....................115.0................. 118.0
3-cone.............................7.18............. ......7.11
20 yard shuttle..................4.67.................. 4.26
Bench................................19........... ..........21

In terms of college production, in their final season:

Pierre-Paul: 45 total tackle, 16.5 TFL, 6.5 sacks, 1 int, 3 PUB, 2 FF
Ansah: 62 total tackles, 13, TFL, 4.5 sacks, 1 int, 9 PBU, 1 FF

Both guys didn't have huge production in their final year, but also didn't blank the stat sheets. Both also played opposite of good college pass rushers. Pierre-Paul did have more sacks and TFL, but Ansah played a lot of snaps as a 3-4 DE, which might have impacted his sack total.

Pierre-Paul seems like more of an exception than a trend, but the comparison certainly is interesting and actually a lot closer than I had previously imagined. In fact, Ansah significantly out performed Pierre-Paul at the combine at practically the exact same size. Ansah even had longer arms (and it isn't even that close) than Pierre-Paul, which was something I didn't expect.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-27-2013 at 04:17 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched a bit of Ansah, and the potential is undeniable. He made some "wow!" plays. He shows speed and strength, and he has the size. He looked to be a high motor guy. He seemed to not use his arm length to his advantage letting guys get into his chest, but still played the run very well.

They did some funky stuff with where he lined up, maybe didn't get the best production out of him because of that. But he did show he can make plays from anywhere on the line. Honestly, from the vids I've seen, he's been the most impressive pure DE. I believe the hype, and even if it's a gamble because of production questions or being raw, a playmaker on the d-line is worth the risk most times I'd say.

P2W, thanks for posting the measuables. Ansah looks like a more explosive and fluid athlete in his college film to me, and those numbers are just icing on the cake.

Last edited by Bobo : 02-27-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:11 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I was just about to come post the same thing Bobo. The more I was Ansah, the more I'm convinced that this guy is going to be incredible. It's hard to tell on a lot of his game tape because he plays inside a lot in the 34. Despite that, he rarely gets pushed around in the run game. The BYU system really hid his physical ability. The guy has great strength, super long arms, is incredibly explosive for his size, and has a great motor to boot.

His "raw" label comes from the fact that he's only played football for 3 years and thus lacks some of the technique and instincts. People like to bag on his stats, but if you watch the tape a lot of that is prevented by the system he played in. Playing inside during college should help his technique and hand usage though. When he was unleashed on the edge of a 43 during the Senior Bowl he was an absolute terror as he can just let his athleticism take over.

I want him at #10. I just think there's a pretty solid chance that he won't even be there.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-27-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I sat there and watched every play of JPPs South Flordia career, and I went to JUCO with him at Fort Scott CC so I had some good understanding of what he could do from there. What I saw was a guy who rounded the corner very well, he was explosive off the ball and was often in position to make a sack very often, but played against QBs with above average mobility but he would sometimes miss the sack when a QB made a move, that was the biggest weakness I saw on him, and I knew that could be taught.

With Ziggy, I haven't watched enough film on him yet, but everything I've seen translates well to the NFL. Stats can be very deceiving, and while I haven't watched the same amount of film I did on JPP, I think they deceive here as well.

My overall feeling is that, we need depth a DE very badly. Morgan is looking very good, and I'm still a believer that the Wimbley will improve much after his 2nd year playing DE in a 43. (Let's not forget, he started as a 3-4 OLB, then went to 4-3 SLB for the Raiders). With that said, Ziggy is the type of depth at DE we need. He can play DE very effectively against the run in case Wimbley continues to give ground in that department, secondly, he can move inside to DT on obvious passing downs.

On my DE board, Ziggy is #1 and Carradine #2
Old 02-27-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post

I want him at #10. I just think there's a pretty solid chance that he won't even be there.
I won't be surprised. As weak as the top of this draft is, he could really shoot up the boards.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think it largely depends on where the DTs go, what other teams think of Werner, Moore, Jordan and if a QB does go before us.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I'm pretty damn certain Moore won't go in the top 10. Werner is a maybe. I'm pretty confident Jordan will go top 10. His measurables will be very sought after as a 34 olb. I think Mingo is possible in the top 10 for the same reasons. Teams like the Browns and Jets could definitely pick these guys. I don't know exactly where, but I'd be really surprised if Geno didn't go top 10.

Guys I think will go top 10 (other than Ansah)
Joekel
Fisher
Geno
Floyd
Jordan
Milliner

Possibilities:
Star (depends on he heart issue)
Richardson
Another QB (Barkley maybe?)
Lane Johnson
Xavier Rhodes
Warmack/Cooper (I have my doubts but its possible)
Patterson
Jarvis Jones (depends on health)
Werner
Mingo

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-28-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Luckily for us most teams in the top 10 are 3-4 teams, and I'm not sure anyone takes Ansah to be a top 10 pick from a 34 team.

I assume, in all likeliness that Joeckel will go #1 to KC.
Jags are hard to analyze right now, but I think they may go offense and go Geno Smith.
At #3, Oakland has many needs equivalent to the top 10. They could use a Guard, DE, DT, CB and even LB. In the end, I think Floyd comes off the board here.
At #4, Philly could go several directions largely dependent on FA. But I think Milliner may be the most likely scenario.
At #5, the lions are the most likely to go DE. There O-Line has been average at best, so Warmack, Fisher are options. In addition, LBer could be possessed and they could go Jarvis Jones. At DE, Werner, Moore, Ansah and Jordan are all also options. Playing on that fast surface and with the offense they have and the big powerful DTs they have, I think Schwartz may go with more of the speed rusher in Jordan over the others here.
At #6, It's not yet determined if the Browns will go 3-4 or 4-3. With that said, they have needs as a 43 DE, or 3-4 OLB. Horton has a history and I think prefers the 34, so with that, health depending, I think they go Jarvis Jones.
At #7, the Cardinals want and need a QB. Is there a QB they like enough at this position? That's to be determined. They also need O-Line, and Fisher or Warmack have good value here. For this sake I think I'll say Fisher.
At #8, the Bills too need a QB. They also need a SS, a LBer, G (if Levitre walks) and WR. I think Cordarelle Patterson comes of the board here.
At #9, the Jets need QB, RB, WR, OL, LB and possibly DB. The best value may be Jarvis Jones, many project Ansah here, but I don't think he's a fit for the system here.
#10: Warmack, Ansah, Star, Richardson
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ansah. I think he's worth the gamble. If he panned out, then he and Morgan would be a terror for OT's.

I know at the very least, we better add some good DE depth this year or Morgan and Wimbley are gonna need life support after all the snaps they will have accumulated the past 2 years.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Is it wrong that I also secretly want us to draft Da'Rick at some point? lol.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I see Ansah as a pure 43 end, but it is possible that a team could see him as a 34 OLB, but to be honest Jordan/Mingo/Jones are probably better options in that area as all of them are more fluid athletes and have better quickness.

It seems right now like KC will go OT, so either Fisher or Joeckel there. I actually think Fisher has a legitimate shot at being to top OT. The guy has an amazing frame and athleticism, so teams could see him as having the highest upside.

JAC and OAK are hard to predict. Floyd to OAK seems like a solid guess, but who knows then them. Same goes for JAC as they have proven to be unpredictable on draft day. They have shown that their board can be drastically different from the majority opinion and they will stick with it.

PHI, I think will either go OT or OLB (assuming they are shifting to a 34). They can either take whoever is left between Fisher/Joeckel or they can go with Jordan/Mingo/Jarvis Jones. I think there could be a decent chance Chip Kelly brings in his boy Jordan. I don't think they go corner with all they've invested in top corners lately.

DET and Milliner seem like a perfect fit. DET desperately need a CB and Milliner fits the bill.

I'd say the Browns take one of the Jordan/Mingo/Jones bunch.

Cards are a tough pick. QB and OT are the biggest needs, but there isn't an obvious fit there if Fisher/Joeckel are off the board. Lane Johnson could be an option, as he's had an amazing offseason and has huge potential. While there isn't an obvious QB fit, it wouldn't be a surprise for one to come off the board. QB's always rise on draft day.

Bills and Jets can both go a lot of ways. I suppose Ansah to NYJ is possible.

To be honest if we had our choice between DEs (Ansah, Werner), DT (Star, Richardson), and the OGs (Warmack, Cooper), we are in awesome shape.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I kind of want him in the 3rd. We could use a big and physical WR with attitude going over the middle.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
I don't think so. I always wonder about our future with Britt.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I don't trust Britt. I also don't trust this franchise to ever acquire another great receiver post Mason. It just never seems to work out.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No been wanting him
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I really like a couple WRs in this class, but right now that seems more luxury than necessary. Two of my personal favorites are Josh Boyce and Chris Harper.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

John Abraham was just cut, I would love to pursue him for a reasonable contract, although due to age other players would be preferred above him