Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClain, Curry, Te'O, Ray who would you have, heck even rank them.

any other 1st round MLB?

remember them as a prospect not pro.

I just don't see what is so great about Te'o, he doesn't do anything standout to justify a 1st round pick. If he wasn't highly recruited or wasn't at the right place right time, he would be a good Lb, with avg measurable and good instincts...2/3 round pick.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Did NFL network have any footage of the early prospects doing any of the LB drills? I want to see Jamie Collins, but every single time his rep came up they either went to commercial or showed T'eo doing **** which I didn't care for.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJaguar View Post
Did NFL network have any footage of the early prospects doing any of the LB drills? I want to see Jamie Collins, but every single time his rep came up they either went to commercial or showed T'eo doing **** which I didn't care for.
probably, I have to check my DVR. In the morning they show everything, than later in the day, they start editing they **** in there.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJaguar View Post
I didn't notice any, but I wasn't really watching. I was at work and had it on another monitor.

Quote:
Southern Mississippi linebacker Jamie Collins had a phenomenal workout. He ran the 40 in 4.64 seconds with an impressive 10-yard split of 1.56 seconds. Collins then jumped out of the gym on the broad jump (139) and vertical jump (41.5). Both of those numbers led the linebackers. Collins (6-3, 250) also excelled in the field work and clearly has a lot of upside. He had a lot of production in college, so his Combine performance could help him to get teams to reevaluate his ranking and move him higher prior to draft day.
That's the only thing I've seen about it; just one sentence fragment in the middle of gushing about his measurables.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this make him a 1st round talent? If he's productive and a freak athlete why isn't he a 1st rounder? What am I missing?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to know how the eff Tyrann Mathieu only did 4 bench reps. He got kicked out of school a year ago. He's had nothing to do but try to improve his strength and speed for an entire year. He knew that his only chance was to improve so he'd be impressive at the combine, but he just farted around, I guess?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Does this make him a 1st round talent? If he's productive and a freak athlete why isn't he a 1st rounder? What am I missing?
I will fully admit to not watching Southern Mississippi at all this year. I imagine many other amateurs can confess to something similar.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'd like to know how the eff Tyrann Mathieu only did 4 bench reps. He got kicked out of school a year ago. He's had nothing to do but try to improve his strength and speed for an entire year. He knew that his only chance was to improve so he'd be impressive at the combine, but he just farted around, I guess?
Well, he was never really defined by "caring about things."

Quite the opposite, actually.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 02-25-2013 at 11:16 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
probably, I have to check my DVR. In the morning they show everything, than later in the day, they start editing they **** in there.
I got near the end and finally saw him doing a couple of drills. God, all this damn T'eo coverage is ******* annoying.

Wish they'd also leave the cameras off the talking heads and just keep showing the drills, but that's just a pipe dream.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found two video breakdowns of Jamie Collins that I checked out. He definitely flashes on film. He has great speed, can drop back in coverage, and can get off blocks but he plays out of control at times, has average at best instincts, overpursues, and while can fall back in coverage I didn't see him make a single play while dropping back.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T'eo is a decent college ILB. That's it.

Denard Robinson made this guy's career.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
McClain, Curry, Te'O, Ray who would you have, heck even rank them.

any other 1st round MLB?

remember them as a prospect not pro.

I just don't see what is so great about Te'o, he doesn't do anything standout to justify a 1st round pick. If he wasn't highly recruited or wasn't at the right place right time, he would be a good Lb, with avg measurable and good instincts...2/3 round pick.
Willis - McClain - Kuechly - Curry - Te'o - Mayo - Rey

I was really high on McClain even before the Raiders drafted him didn't like Mayo that much. Or Rey.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrann Mathieu isn't smart. There really isn't any other way around it.

Wtf happened to Damontre Moore? Very disappointing numbers.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People who, under normal circumstances, just fart around all the time, when given lots of time, don't generally do anything other than fart around more.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I found two video breakdowns of Jamie Collins that I checked out. He definitely flashes on film. He has great speed, can drop back in coverage, and can get off blocks but he plays out of control at times, has average at best instincts, overpursues, and while can fall back in coverage I didn't see him make a single play while dropping back.
Yeah, I watched a few Southern Miss games this season and saw all of that. I'd love for the Jags to get the kid in the 3rd possibly and put him out there with Poz and Daryl(if he's resigned). Really think that could help him out a ton with the over-pursuit issues that he has.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Fun fact: "Manti Te'o" translates into English as "Mike Junkin."

If Te'o's stock drops any further, his girlfriend will get drafted before him.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-26-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think that there's just so many big-name DE/OLBs in this draft that his name gets lost in the mix, coming from a smaller school. I'd like to think the scouts have been high on him for a while, though. The people on the Jets board can attest to me liking him for a good amount of time now. I think he can be a good one. He is, essentially, the same exact player as Dion Jordan.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on the whole Jarvis Jones injury condition? If he medically checks out he'll be a top 10 pick in my book.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Any news on the whole Jarvis Jones injury condition? If he medically checks out he'll be a top 10 pick in my book.
He says he checked out ok, media says some teams took him off of their boards completely.

So no. No news.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ombine-stress/

Manti Te'o inadvertently admits that he can't handle stress as well as the other players at the combine.
He also said (lied) in that same interview a few seconds later and said if he were better rested his 40 time would have been "4.6...4.5"

Already coming out with excuses. He'll have all the rest in the world at his pro day and I doubt he can even get below 4.75

Not that this much emphasis should be put on 40 times, but for a guy who is supposed to be good due to leadership/intangibles, I don't like hearing all the excuses. Leaders don't make excuses.

Edit: didnt realize the article mentioned the 4.6/4.5 comment until I just clicked it. The way he told Mayock though, you could just tell it was BS.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:14 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fun fact: "Manti Te'o" translates into English as "Mike Junkin."

If Te'o's stock drops any further, his girlfriend will get drafted before him.
Well, the good news is that his stock probably can't go any lower unless he punches a cop or ***** his sister.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post

Edit: didnt realize the article mentioned the 4.6/4.5 comment until I just clicked it. The way he told Mayock though, you could just tell it was BS.
I heard that interview and caught that too, it was funny because when he runs a high 4.7 at his pro day it'll be pretty obvious. You could hear he was lying but what's new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which do you think will be funnier: The reactions from the fans on this forum of the lucky team when Tebow got drafted or when Te'o will?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4.38 for Amerson. Wow.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
4.38 for Amerson. Wow.
Where is his stock at these days, I wonder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote