Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-26-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't think TE is that important in our offense. As a blocker, maybe, but the fact we've been able to take guys no one wanted or very late round guys and make them productive says a ton about how much we value it.

If it was that important we would draft it higher and retain guys more often.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Victor Cruz still hopeful for long-term contract with NY Giants, but negotiations still in stalemate

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2M27dI8Dp
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I don't think TE is that important in our offense. As a blocker, maybe, but the fact we've been able to take guys no one wanted or very late round guys and make them productive says a ton about how much we value it.

If it was that important we would draft it higher and retain guys more often.
Not that I want a TE in the first round, but I wonder what we think of the ND TE. He seems like a solid prospect. I wonder if he is a better prospect than Fleener, last year.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think TE is a key position. But with the flat cap situation we have challenges retaining players.

I am hoping Bennett is back, he fits our system really well and would be in a great position with Eli and Pope to have a big year.

We have been able to get by with guys like Pascoe, Boss, Ballard etc but they aren't a genuine dual threat like Bennett.

I am also concerned that Bennett may have been an under rated part of the improvements in our run game.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diehl has had arthroscopic knee surgery recently.

Our Oline was banged up over last season.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope he sticks with us. He is only 25... he can develop as a receiver so much more within the offense and he's always been a good blocker. Plus, dat athleticism.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Diehl has had arthroscopic knee surgery recently.

Our Oline was banged up over last season.
We might as well just cut him and save the cash at this point

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I am surprised we haven't addressed D.D., Tuck, and Webster's contacts yet.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am surprised we haven't addressed D.D., Tuck, and Webster's contacts yet.
I think we will do what usually happens

Arrangements may have been made and the in principle agreements could be in place, but they will only be announced as we need the room to make the signings we want to do.

Guess it makes it harder to predict what we may or may not do.

I guess it also gives the flexibility to adapt to the evolving situation.

One thing you can be certain of is that Reese has a definate plan/strategy in place, with various contingencies. We just have to wait and see how it unfolds.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
It's a very important position in our offense. If we plan on musical TEs, then just phase it out or make it a glorified WR. Then plug and play, and we can get a new one every year. The problem is these fools have to be 2 way TE and be good at it. If they can;t run block it hurts us, if we can't utilize them well in the passing game it hurts us.

I don't mind letting him go, but let's change this stupid system and make the TE a big WR essentially.
We've had musical chairs at TE for 6 years now and we're fine production wise. We'll be ok. The TE is primarily a blocker who catches a couple of passes in our scheme.

It's important to the scheme, but it's an easy position to find talent bc of the job requirement.

Now I still obviously want Bennett back, but I won't lose sleep over losing him either. We'll be ok. Pope got us covered.

And Eli can make me look like a good TE.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We've had musical chairs at TE for 6 years now and we're fine production wise. We'll be ok. The TE is primarily a blocker who catches a couple of passes in our scheme.

It's important to the scheme, but it's an easy position to find talent bc of the job requirement.

Now I still obviously want Bennett back, but I won't lose sleep over losing him either. We'll be ok. Pope got us covered.

And Eli can make me look like a good TE.
very well put BBD :)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I just had a thought, with the 49ers getting an early second pick #34 for Alex Smith, do you think they could make a run at signing Cruz off the first round tender and give up #31?
Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I just had a thought, with the 49ers getting an early second pick #34 for Alex Smith, do you think they could make a run at signing Cruz off the first round tender and give up #31?
Of course it's possible. I've been a bit worried all offseason that a team might try to steal him from his. The longer the contract situation drags the more I think it's a real possibility.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and we keep beatty. 5 years 37.5 mil.

dude got paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a lot but that's what LT go for.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
and we keep beatty. 5 years 37.5 mil.

dude got paid
That is quite reasonable.

That is very similar to Chris Snee's contract and maybe McKenzies as well.

I'll check the numbers later
Old 02-27-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as it doesn't hurt our chances of keeping Cruz and Nicks in ok with it. That's a lot for a guy who had 1 good year though. Especially when he still lacks as a run blocker.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Only $12.5 guaranteed though. That's the number that really matters. For a slightly above average LT it seems like a fair price. On to Phillips, Cruz, and Nicks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Of course it's possible. I've been a bit worried all offseason that a team might try to steal him from his. The longer the contract situation drags the more I think it's a real possibility.
Cruz's market value is more than we will be prepared to pay. In recent years teams have been reluctant to use a 1st on signing a RFA, I could see it happening with Cruz
Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Only $12.5 guaranteed though. That's the number that really matters. For a slightly above average LT it seems like a fair price. On to Phillips, Cruz, and Nicks.
That's a very good deal then. Thank goodness.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Now time for Cruz I guess if there is money left. That's nice of Kiwi to restructure. He is the perfect giant in terms of attitude. I really like the his attitude as a player.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sorry $19 guaranteed and $12.5 signing bonus.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That's still not bad. With guys like Jake Long wanting more than 10 mill a season this is a solid deal.

We need to free up more money though.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Can we fix D.D., Tuck, Webster or even Rolle? I hope those contracts get fixed one way or another...We need to squeeze out more money from our roster.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

They're not gonna touch Tuck's contract. I hope something happens with DD and Webster.

I have a feeling that this is Rolle's last season with us. He's getting cut after this year.