Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremiah says Margus Hunt worked his way into the first after his combine.

Thoughts?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

Thoughts?
zero chance...him being a physical freak was no mystery before the combine and it was simply validated how good an athlete he is...the tape shows nothing more than a third day pick for him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thoughts?
Jeremiah is an idiot. Hunt does not resemble football player, more a strong man competitor combined with a decathlete.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
When evaluating prospect people don't care if players beat up on lesser talent. The greatest barometer of a player's talent is how they match up against other NFL caliber talent.
Once again he was supposed to have help over the top. Patton's big plays came in chunks on blown coverages other than that it was a good battle between two guys who will be battling it out for a long time. I'd love to have both of them on the Bears but its not going to happen. Besides that, as I said RGIII, Russell Wilson and others didn't even test him. That should tell you all you need to know.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thoughts?
Agree with him.

The negative responses on here come from the Senior Bowl and that's it - has to be. SMU tape available on youtube shows a terrific prospect.

I could see him going in the 40s or mayyyyybe 50s but first round is most likely.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thoughts?
I wouldn't be shocked as he has a crazy high ceiling. Personally I'd still rate him as a 2nd rounder. This class is LOADED with pass rushing talent and teams picking in the 2nd and 3rd round are going to get very good value for their pick.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Agree with him.

The negative responses on here come from the Senior Bowl and that's it - has to be. SMU tape available on youtube shows a terrific prospect.

I could see him going in the 40s or mayyyyybe 50s but first round is most likely.
What talented lines did he go up against and look good against on the season?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized Nick Toon's name is Nicktoon. I'm good at things.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I just realized Nick Toon's name is Nicktoon. I'm good at things.
i want to sex your face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I am quite happy with McDonalds numbers so far. He will be in the 4.4s on his Pro Day.
It's called USC math.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xavier Rhodes. Solid game tape that spans more than 1 year, great size for a CB, always showed quickness to recover on the field...and then he runs a 4.41???.....

Besides having bricks for hands, trust me dude cant catch, this guy is worthy of top 15 pick all day.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
zero chance...him being a physical freak was no mystery before the combine and it was simply validated how good an athlete he is...the tape shows nothing more than a third day pick for him
To be fair Ansah and Werner are relatively new to the sport also and people are giving them the benefit of the doubt. The age thing would make me a little leary of Hunt, the other stuff he can be coached up on.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
To be fair Ansah and Werner are relatively new to the sport also and people are giving them the benefit of the doubt. The age thing would make me a little leary of Hunt, the other stuff he can be coached up on.
Ansah and Werner have both flashed incredible ability, especially Werner. Hunt has had his moments but they've been more scarce and he's more times than not nothing more than pedestrian on the field.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

In 4 years as a DE at SMU, Margus Hunt has compiled only 16.5 sacks in plenty of pass rushing opportunities.

That kind of pedestrian production cannot be offset by athletic displays at the combine, imho.

He's worth taking a flier on in the 3rd round or later, but like Ansah and Mingo, he just hasn't displayed enough football ability to be considered a real first round prospect.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ansah and Werner have both flashed incredible ability, especially Werner. Hunt has had his moments but they've been more scarce and he's more times than not nothing more than pedestrian on the field.
this is an unfair comment for a guy who has the NCAA record in blocked kicks with 17, and 15 sacks on the side. He's far from perfect but in late 1, you aren't getting a better "upside" pick than Hunt.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People have questioned Werner's level of competition at that in the ACC. In CUSA, if Hunt was half as good as his measureables say he should be he'd have lead the country in sacks.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
In 4 years as a DE at SMU, Margus Hunt has compiled only 16.5 sacks in plenty of pass rushing opportunities.

That kind of pedestrian production cannot be offset by athletic displays at the combine, imho.

He's worth taking a flier on in the 3rd round or later, but like Ansah and Mingo, he just hasn't displayed enough football ability to be considered a real first round prospect.
I appreciate that you include Mingo and Ansah in that statement. Hunt has more production than both of those players but if you say that's not enough, at least you are being consistent. But we all know Mingo and Ansah are going really high, so... the draft is about upside sometimes and Hunt will be in that conversation.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
this is an unfair comment for a guy who has the NCAA record in blocked kicks with 17, and 15 sacks on the side. He's far from perfect but in late 1, you aren't getting a better "upside" pick than Hunt.
8 sacks his senior year in 12 games. Just because someone is a freakish athlete doesn't make them a football player. He may look like Tarzan but his production is very Jane-ish in a barely Jane level conference.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Once again he was supposed to have help over the top. Patton's big plays came in chunks on blown coverages other than that it was a good battle between two guys who will be battling it out for a long time. I'd love to have both of them on the Bears but its not going to happen. Besides that, as I said RGIII, Russell Wilson and others didn't even test him. That should tell you all you need to know.
Stop. I've brought up multiple instances in the last 3 years where a team's top WR has gone off on Illinois. You ignore it every time, or insist it wasn't Hawthorne's fault. I don't have the ability to go back and look at every game, but I would think Hawthorne as this all universe/lock down CB would be covering the other team's top WR. It's not 100% on him, but most of it is as Illinois wasn't a primarily zone coverage team.

As PF said, you tend to look at how a legit corner does against top talent and NFL talent at WR. Other than Patton, who has Hawthorne "shut down" that will be a decent NFL guy? I believe he shut down Robinson from PSU this year, but there have been a handful of WRs that put up big numbers on Illinois.

Hawthorne is a nice sleeper-type prospect, and I would love him on the Bears. But he is not a 1st rounder, not the best DB prospect, and not a top 5-10 overall player in this draft. That's just absurd.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Hunt is exactly the athletic, low-producing gamble of a prospect you'd take in the 3rd or 4th round.

If he doesn't last that long, then forget about him. But you'd be crazy to spend a valuable 1st round pick on a guy with such pedestrian production.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
The other thing with someone on the airways saying he could be a late 1st is basically you're saying he's a top 50 player because there are probably 20 guys who could sneak into the late first. It's really not going that far out on the limb.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
I went through the same thing with Corey Liuget, Vontae Davis, etc. etc. People will say the few guys I got wrong, and exaggerate the heck out of my words, but I was young. I'm only 22 and getting better with it.
Is this serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Xavier Rhodes. Solid game tape that spans more than 1 year, great size for a CB, always showed quickness to recover on the field...and then he runs a 4.41???.....

Besides having bricks for hands, trust me dude cant catch, this guy is worthy of top 15 pick all day.
ive been a HUGE fan ever since he was a rs sophomore and draft eligible. Hes like a mix of Nnamdi and Ike Taylor.

4.41 is damn impressive, anything under a 4.55 would have been good for him
Old 02-26-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Stop. I've brought up multiple instances in the last 3 years where a team's top WR has gone off on Illinois. You ignore it every time, or insist it wasn't Hawthorne's fault. I don't have the ability to go back and look at every game, but I would think Hawthorne as this all universe/lock down CB would be covering the other team's top WR. It's not 100% on him, but most of it is as Illinois wasn't a primarily zone coverage team.

As PF said, you tend to look at how a legit corner does against top talent and NFL talent at WR. Other than Patton, who has Hawthorne "shut down" that will be a decent NFL guy? I believe he shut down Robinson from PSU this year, but there have been a handful of WRs that put up big numbers on Illinois.

Hawthorne is a nice sleeper-type prospect, and I would love him on the Bears. But he is not a 1st rounder, not the best DB prospect, and not a top 5-10 overall player in this draft. That's just absurd.
Once again, as I said, you clearly were not watching. Teams move around players to get away from Hawthorne. Patton is literally the only guy you can find who "went off" on Hawthorne and I explained my theory for that. Mardy Gilyard had some success as well but I will give Hawthorne a break considering it was his first year playing the position and Gilyard was a 3rd round pick that year. Other than that you probably can't even name 10-15 completions that were actually caught on Hawthorne, and I'm not exaggerating. Teams don't even test him. In addition to all that, he is without a doubt the best run support CB in this draft.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote