Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mauti's injury history alone will drop him to the 5th...

will he even be able to work out at psu pro day?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
cant complain about that. Why are you so high on Vaccaro? I like him and all and i think hes a good pick, but the safety class is stacked just not very top heavy.

I still like Jones/Mingo/Jordan/Allen/Patterson in 1

Woods or Hunter would be sweet picks in 2

I like Bernard more and more lately, Ball just doesnt seem like hes gonna be the main guy for a team.

I hated on Landry Jones for YEARS now but thats awesome value in the 7th.
whats funny about this draft is that i feel like you can make the "theres so much depth later...he's not an outstanding player..." argument for every position other than pass rushers and o-linemen

this is the one year id be very happy trading out of the first for another 2nd this year + a first for next

Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
whats funny about this draft is that i feel like you can make the "theres so much depth later...he's not an outstanding player..." argument for every position other than pass rushers and o-linemen

this is the one year id be very happy trading out of the first for another 2nd this year + a first for next
My thought is if barkley is at 17, trade 17 to the cards for next years first and their 2nd this year. A high and mid second round pick this season and 2 first rounders next year.

Im only in favor of trading down if it is in acquiring a 2nd first next season.

Rhodes ran real well, id like him at 17 too

As far as vaccaro goes, i think the team might be souring on longhorns...jmo
Old 02-26-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

rhodes is looking like a pretty solid option at 17 i agree

kenny v with the pedestrian time in the 40.. 4.6? ouch - i know 40 times aren't everything but id like my first round DB to at least break a 4.5

Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, a 4.6 for a safety is fine.

I do think if we want a safety Amerson is better than vaccaro. Excellent ball skills, lays the boom, can recover, and plays best with the ball in front of him and would probably only cost a second.

We could get Amerson in 2 and Mcdonald in 3 and be set up big time at safety
Old 02-26-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

This is a bit of a homer pick, but I'd like to see the Steelers bring in Micah Hyde from Iowa as a developmental FS if they can get him with a later pick. He started at CB in a good Iowa secondary as a sophomore in 2010 which included Shaun Prater (Bengals) and Tyler Sash (Giants) as well as Brett Greenwood, who was in Steelers camp.

He's a very good tackler, and has good ball skills and offers some return ability. He was by far the best player on a bad defense last year, and was often having to make up for abysmal play by the safeties. Iowa CBs have a history of switching to safety in the NFL, and Iowa players in general tend to be regarded as well coached and smart players.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 4.6 with how big Vaccaro is is wonderful IMO. I'd take him at 17 and not look back.

TJ McDonald is going to fall and that's because his Senior season was god awful. He could be around in the third day. I know the team is interested in Rotez Miles as well.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did the guy from FIU do?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
A 4.6 with how big Vaccaro is is wonderful IMO. I'd take him at 17 and not look back.

TJ McDonald is going to fall and that's because his Senior season was god awful. He could be around in the third day. I know the team is interested in Rotez Miles as well.
how big?

he's 6 foot 215 lbs

Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

troys best year he was like 217 at whatever he is 5-10 or 5-11. Vaccaro isnt really big by any means
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah my point exactly

the new trendy pick for the steelers seems to be moore out of a&m..

i know he blew the combine but other than that i have only read things about him

anyone watch anything and have any feelings about it?

Old 02-27-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i think the combine is really important, but its so easy to get caught up in it and use it as a tool for measuring guys more so than game tape. Hes a good player, not that ive ever loved him, but im sure hes not a 4.9 guy, he certainly doesnt play like it
Old 02-27-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

what about a 12 rep guy??

Old 02-27-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

random thoughts:
  • I think we may well trade down. eddie b. already dropping hints to that effect. normally I'm a proponent of that stockpiling approach, but this team is so desperate for game-changers, not sure that's the way to go.
  • if we trade down toward the end of the first, I think you see Eddie Lacy in black & gold. if he's gone, I'll guess OG cooper.
  • if we trade down, I hope we pick up a premium 2014 pick. this draft has some depth, but I'm feeling like we're much closer to an all-out rebuild than we are our next SB.
  • if jarvis jones is there at 17, he is a no-brainer. Ansah I could certainly get used to. think we should pass on the LSU guys, even though Mingo's got that burst. I want zero character concerns.
  • I hope we hold off on WR until round 2. too low a floor with guys like tavon, CP, and allen. prefer guys like Woods or T. Williams in the 2nd.
  • my second round value picks also include eric reid, zach ertz, and jesse williams - all of whom may well be gone, but one of which may last
  • third rounders: montee, elam
  • mauti in the 4th. I don't care about the knee, this team needs leadership no matter the cost.
  • mid-to-late rounders: akeem spence, josh boyce, robert lester
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
what about a 12 rep guy??
well jared allen did 13, he certainly looks like he plays stronger than 12 reps. also, thaddeus gibson did 34...so i mean who knows lol
Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 AM    (permalink
SOnMyChest
Rookie

SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello all this is my first post in this thread but I'm glad I found some Steelers fans! I've done quite a few mocks this year but check out my latest:

1. Jonathan Cooper, G, UNC

I think Cooper will end up being the best player available at 17. Jarvis Jones might be in the mix but if he makes it to 17 he may be off our board as well. He fits our new zone scheme and potentially gives us one of the best Olines in the NFL.

2.Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU

This is very wishful thinking but I believe it is possible. Te'o has slid to the bottom of the first, but I still have a feeling he will be the 2nd MLB taken. Minter is everything the Steelers need. He is adept at taking on blocks, he has good eyes and instincts, and he was all over the field for LSU. I hope this happens.

3.Trevardo Williams, OLB, UConn

The only player to have more sacks than Williams over the past 2 seasons is Jarvis Jones. Trevardo is an amazing athlete and it showed at the combine. At 6 foot 241 he fits the Steeler OLB mold. He played DE and standup rush OLB for UConn, the biggest question is whether he can drop into coverage because UConn never asked him to drop.

4. Shimarko Thomas, S, Syracuse

The Bob Sanders comparisons keep coming. Thomas ran a 4.38 and did 28 reps at the combine. He is an explosive athlete who hits like a ton of bricks. Shimarko is a missile in the run game and I have not seen him get beat in coverage. Syracuse asked him to play press man in the slot occasionally and he excelled at it.

5. Rontez Miles, S, Cal-PA

If you watched the combine you might recognize Miles as the kid with the Steelers tat. If you have not seen him play, here you go

http://youtu.be/nrqfAgHo82o

6. Chad Bumphis, WR, MSU

This season Bumphis racked up 922 yards and 12 touchdowns despite sharing targets with a very deep receiving core. I think Bumphis will be a steal for whoever lands him late. Bumphis did not get an invite to the combine but he is 5'10" 200lbs. He is a great route runner who uses speed and agility to separate. I am very interested to see his 40 time.

7. Theo Reddick, RB, ND

Reddick is a converted WR, but you couldn't tell it from his play. He is a very hard nosed runner that loves contact. ND utilized his WR background and let him run routes from the slot. Minus the speed I see Reddick being utilized in a C.J. Spiller/Fred Davis type role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyYxih4kaU

Taking 2 safeties means that another need is not addressed(in this case TE) but I think these players will be among the best available at our picks.

Anyone else have a mock draft going?
SOnMyChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was the first to mock Miles to the Steelers. :)

But it's a good mock. I just don't see the Steelers going for another OLman in the first round. I really see this team moving down and acquiring more picks, which would be ideal.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOnMyChest View Post
Hello all this is my first post in this thread but I'm glad I found some Steelers fans! I've done quite a few mocks this year but check out my latest:

1. Jonathan Cooper, G, UNC

I think Cooper will end up being the best player available at 17. Jarvis Jones might be in the mix but if he makes it to 17 he may be off our board as well. He fits our new zone scheme and potentially gives us one of the best Olines in the NFL.

2.Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU

This is very wishful thinking but I believe it is possible. Te'o has slid to the bottom of the first, but I still have a feeling he will be the 2nd MLB taken. Minter is everything the Steelers need. He is adept at taking on blocks, he has good eyes and instincts, and he was all over the field for LSU. I hope this happens.

3.Trevardo Williams, OLB, UConn

The only player to have more sacks than Williams over the past 2 seasons is Jarvis Jones. Trevardo is an amazing athlete and it showed at the combine. At 6 foot 241 he fits the Steeler OLB mold. He played DE and standup rush OLB for UConn, the biggest question is whether he can drop into coverage because UConn never asked him to drop.

4. Shimarko Thomas, S, Syracuse

The Bob Sanders comparisons keep coming. Thomas ran a 4.38 and did 28 reps at the combine. He is an explosive athlete who hits like a ton of bricks. Shimarko is a missile in the run game and I have not seen him get beat in coverage. Syracuse asked him to play press man in the slot occasionally and he excelled at it.

5. Rontez Miles, S, Cal-PA

If you watched the combine you might recognize Miles as the kid with the Steelers tat. If you have not seen him play, here you go

http://youtu.be/nrqfAgHo82o

6. Chad Bumphis, WR, MSU

This season Bumphis racked up 922 yards and 12 touchdowns despite sharing targets with a very deep receiving core. I think Bumphis will be a steal for whoever lands him late. Bumphis did not get an invite to the combine but he is 5'10" 200lbs. He is a great route runner who uses speed and agility to separate. I am very interested to see his 40 time.

7. Theo Reddick, RB, ND

Reddick is a converted WR, but you couldn't tell it from his play. He is a very hard nosed runner that loves contact. ND utilized his WR background and let him run routes from the slot. Minus the speed I see Reddick being utilized in a C.J. Spiller/Fred Davis type role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyYxih4kaU

Taking 2 safeties means that another need is not addressed(in this case TE) but I think these players will be among the best available at our picks.

Anyone else have a mock draft going?
welcome - i think we take the bpa if we sit at 17 and if thats a lineman than well so be it... cooper can at least play center as well and with pouncey unable to play a full season i wouldnt hate the cooper pick

plus a line of gilbert-cooper-pouncey-decastro-adams would be beastly... if they stay healthy

i could see minter falling out of the first so there is a chance he's there at 2+17

Old 02-28-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
well jared allen did 13, he certainly looks like he plays stronger than 12 reps. also, thaddeus gibson did 34...so i mean who knows lol
yeah true - i just hadnt seen moore play msot of this year so i was curious if he looked like his combine #'s or not

Old 02-28-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

he can look a little sluggish off the snap or he can absolutely take your lunch money and **** you day up snap after snap. when hes on hes on, when hes off hes blah

sounds like woodley lol
Old 03-01-2013, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Minter a lot. I'm also starting to get pretty high on Trufant the more I see him play. And his combine was better than expected. His bigger and ran better times than people have h credit for.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Post Combine Mock (No Trades)
1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
2. Eric Reid, S, LSU
3. Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
4. Le'Von Bell, HB, Michigan State
5. Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
6. Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State
7a. Marc Anthony, CB, Cal
7b. Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State

Post Combine Mock (Trade 1st to Cards for 2nd, 5th, and 1st next year)
2a. Eddie Lacy, HB, Alabama
2b. Alex Okafor, OLB, Texas
3. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
4. Kevin Reddick, ILB, UNC
5a. TJ McDonald, S, USC
5b. Levine Toilolo, TE, Stanford
6. Corey Grissom, DT, South Florida
7a. Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan State
7b. Quinton Dial, DE, Alabama
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

trading first to cards for their second and a first next year would be a dream come true....im usually passionately against trading down, but itf it leads to a high second round pick and 2 first next year IM IN

that second draft is sexual btw....i think your a little low on hopkins and mcdonald though, they should each be bumped up a round
Old 03-03-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I used to not be a fan of Le'Veon Bell, but now I am a huge fan and hope he's still around in the third day so we can take him. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted two RBs this year.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Big Play William *** is back in the Burgh!

Meh, but he's good depth and a pretty good special teams player.