Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone worried about Milliner's ball skills??? He didn't really create turnovers at Alabama, and I don't think he caught a single ball at the combine.

How high would you draft the ideal corner but knew he had the ball skills of an offensive tackle???
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Anyone worried about Milliner's ball skills??? He didn't really create turnovers at Alabama, and I don't think he caught a single ball at the combine.

How high would you draft the ideal corner but knew he had the ball skills of an offensive tackle???
You basically just described Terrance Newman as a prospect, right?

The Cowboys took him top-5?
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Milliner catch all the balls in the last drill. This is with a torn labrum that's getting operated on in March.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He had 20 PBUs last season. He gets his hand on the ball plenty often. All that matters for me.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 INT and 34 PBU in his career is not bad at all.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He had 20 PBUs last season. He gets his hand on the ball plenty often. All that matters for me.
Yeah, but that's what I'm getting at. That's why I compared Milliner to Carlos ROgers in another thread.

In Washington Rogers had both hands on obvious INTs at least once a game. He just couldn't catch, until he got his eyes checked out in SF and was given contacts.

Just something I noticed. I wonder if Milliner has the 'yips' for a corner, or if he actually has a difficult time tracking the football in the air.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but that's what I'm getting at. That's why I compared Milliner to Carlos ROgers in another thread.

In Washington Rogers had both hands on obvious INTs at least once a game. He just couldn't catch, until he got his eyes checked out in SF and was given contacts.

Just something I noticed. I wonder if Milliner has the 'yips' for a corner, or if he actually has a difficult time tracking the football in the air.
That's not a bad point. I do remember the Eifert play on the first drive of the NCG. But deep down the field with no safety help is way different.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whoops wrong thread..
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not being able to catch in no way implies he can't track the football. His numerous pass breakups indicate he can do just that. He simply may not have good hands. While I'd love for my corner to pick off passes, if he's nonetheless shutting down the receiver he's doing his job. But let's not be dramatic about interception skills also, as he did force some throughout his career at Alabama. He may not be an interception machine, but he's still a damn good cornerback.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy who swats a lot of balls and locks down his man > a guy who gambles a lot for 5 or 6 turnovers a year and occasionally gets burned
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Milliner, Trufant and Rhodes answered all questions about their speed and ability to play man defense. Milliner likely goes to Detroit at #5.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Milliner is definitely a #1 CB in the NFL.

But I'm still going Claiborne.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alphonso Smith had 21 INT's in 4 years at Wake Forest. What's he doing now?
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Alphonso Smith had 21 INT's in 4 years at Wake Forest. What's he doing now?
One of the guys that got abused because of his size. Still thought he would have worked out bettter in the NFL.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rhodes is better and probably the best cb in the draft. Glad to know when Tampa takes Rhodes at 13 they get te best guy.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Robbieb7
Rookie

Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think Rhodes is better and probably the best cb in the draft. Glad to know when Tampa takes Rhodes at 13 they get te best guy.
Rhodes over Milliner?
Robbieb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne. Although Milliner is not unworthy of the #5 overall.

Claiborne would have been higher were it not for exceptional elite talent at positions of paramount importance (QB/LT).

Cleveland wasn't in play for CB help. Jacksonville moved up specifically to take a WR. If Milliner is taken at #5, it doesn't mean he was better than Claiborne at #6 last year.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Total tossup for me, but probably Claiborne by a hair.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milliner kinda looks like Claiborne in the drills (just now watching). A little high in his backpedal. I think Claiborne had better feet though and the ball skills aren't even in the same atmosphere.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a lot of people saying they had Revis as a top 3-5 prospect over the last several years.. Did they really, or are you letting his NfL career cloud your judgement?

If Revis was such a great prospect, he would have been the 1st CB off the board no doubt. Unless I'm having a total memory lapse, didnt McKelvin get drafter before Revis?

Again, I'm speaking in just terms of being a prospect coming out.

Edit: just checked. Had my drafts mixed up. Revis was first CB off the board but at 14. I'd think he would have been top 5-10 if he were really that highly thought of as a prospect.

Funny as hell to see Ted Ginn at 9 in that draft. Oh, Cam Cameron.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 02-26-2013 at 10:00 PM.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
I see a lot of people saying they had Revis as a top 3-5 prospect over the last several years.. Did they really, or are you letting his NfL career cloud your judgement?

If Revis was such a great prospect, he would have been the 1st CB off the board no doubt. Unless I'm having a total memory lapse, didnt McKelvin get drafter before Revis?

Edit: just checked. Had my drafts mixed up. Revis was first CB off the board but at 14. I'd think he would have been top 5-10 if he were really that highly thought of as a prospect.

nobody had revis that high
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Milliner has the making of a top CB in the NFL. And the fact he ran in the 4.3's which Claiborne couldn't do. Sucks cause I would love to have this guy in Tampa Bay. No way in m mind does he get by the Lions at 5.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
nobody had revis that high
I would tend to agree but if you go back to the first page of the thread a lot of people say they had Revis as an elite prospect.

IIRC, there were questions about Revis' speed and ability to stay with NFL receivers without being overly physical. Wasnt he viewed as a guy who had to be physical to be successful?

Of course those were incorrect but I really doubt anyone thought Revis had the stuff to be what he turned out to be unless you were a Pitt homer with a biased evaluation.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
15 - PIT- Darrelle Revis
It was the Steelers, not the Seahawks, who actually suffered from a Super Bowl hangover in 2006. Failing to qualify for the postseason at 8-8, at least rookie first rounder Santonio Holmes sent head coach Bill Cowher out on top, as his overtime touchdown catch knocked the hated Bengals out of the playoffs in Week 17. Now, Pittsburgh will look to former Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin to replace the legendary Cowher. Every year it seems like the Steelers are solid in the front-seven, but lacking in the secondary. In steps hometown hero Darrelle Revis of Pitt to help sure up the CB position. Revis did not work out at the combine, but he should go in round one anyway. Revis is one of the best CB prospects in the draft. Fast and athletic, the early entry to the draft was not thrown at much as a junior at Pitt, and if you saw his punt return for touchdown against West Virginia, you know why.
Here's what I had.

No one could really predict how well he'd do because no one threw on him. He was obviously a fantastic prospect but he wasn't Patrick Peterson-in-your-face good with crazy size/speed. And it didn't help that he played at Pitt and not at a big-time school.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post

Are you asking what scouts had him at or draftniks? Because where he goes in the draft has no real bearing on what we thought of them. Did anyone think he was going to be a HOF-caliber corner? Probably not. But I think many thought very highly of him. I know I did. And McKelvin, pre-season of that year, was in consideration for the top corner along with Revis and Leon Hall (and I'm not sure why... or well, I know why, but if people watched them, I don't know why they'd think that).

I find it funny that if people were awful in evaluating players (or the media/scout consensus was similar) they tend to believe that no one else could have gotten it right.