Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is this serious?
Yes. If you don't acknowledge that Vontae Davis has been a pretty good CB who can be #1 with his physical skill set, you are kidding yourself. Besides that I am talking about them when they weren't even on the radar, let alone 1st round picks.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Yes. If you don't acknowledge that Vontae Davis has been a pretty good CB who can be #1 with his physical skill set, you are kidding yourself. Besides that I am talking about them when they weren't even on the radar, let alone 1st round picks.
Vontae Davis has been good 1/2 season 2 years ago.

Just saying...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
ive been a HUGE fan ever since he was a rs sophomore and draft eligible. Hes like a mix of Nnamdi and Ike Taylor.

4.41 is damn impressive, anything under a 4.55 would have been good for him
Another thing I can tell you is he never gets burned. Literally, never. Greg Reid was always hyped up while at FSU, but the fact is while he was a better "playmaker" he gave up a lot of big plays/TD at horrible times. Xavier has always been mr.consistent.

I was telling my friend as long as he ran 4.5's as well, he was golden for top 20. Definitely exceeded that...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys shut up about Vontae. He's gonna be awesome next year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Vontae Davis has been good 1/2 season 2 years ago.

Just saying...
He just won DPOW. He's one of those guys who it is truly up to him if he wants to dominate.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
He just won DPOW. He's one of those guys who it is truly up to him if he wants to dominate.
Agree on that - his motivation is pretty lacking to say the least.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this serious?
sadly, yes, it is.

unreal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Xavier Rhodes do? I've been backing him for so long. I hope he ran well.

Edit: nevermind hell yeah

Xavier Rhodes is gonna be a great corner. I love his tape.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 02-26-2013 at 02:24 PM.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
How did Xavier Rhodes do? I've been backing him for so long. I hope he ran well.

Edit: nevermind hell yeah

Xavier Rhodes is gonna be a great corner. I love his tape.
He might've run too well. He's near the top of my Colts board, 4.4 is an awesome time for him.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He might've run too well. He's near the top of my Colts board, 4.4 is an awesome time for him.
I'm a fan even if he doesn't go to the Colts. Can't wait to see how he fairs in the nfl.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Is asking Rhodes to play S a waste? His size/speed ratio is intriguing. NFL.com says he struggles in zone coverage and misses some tackles, which would say no.

Still, I wonder if the zone problems can be fixed. His press skills could still be valuable at S if he could cover athletic TEs and slot WRs.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really doubt he makes it past the Bucs. A physical corner who can keep up with WRs in man coverage ? Sounds exactly like Schiano's type.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Is asking Rhodes to play S a waste? His size/speed ratio is intriguing. NFL.com says he struggles in zone coverage and misses some tackles, which would say no.

Still, I wonder if the zone problems can be fixed. His press skills could still be valuable at S if he could cover athletic TEs and slot WRs.
I wouldn't say it is a waste completely, but if you run a defense that depends on the CB's playing press man-to-man coverage (ie.Seattle) that is what he is built for ...and I'm sure teams that run that defense would feel that way if they saw a team take him as a S for zone

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post

No, but typically you give those guys a crack at CB first then go to Safety, all it does is enhance their coverage skills anyway. Malcolm Jenkins and Antrell Role made easy transitions after working at CB first, only guy who did it the other way I know of was Huff and he's not really great at either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if this has already been addressed. But considering his increase in mass and the arm skill he displayed this weekend, has Tyler Bray pushed himself into the second round? I know he has some character issues. But given that, with what he did this weekend and his collegiate career, second rounder?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but typically you give those guys a crack at CB first then go to Safety, all it does is enhance their coverage skills anyway. Malcolm Jenkins and Antrell Role made easy transitions after working at CB first, only guy who did it the other way I know of was Huff and he's not really great at either.
Bingo. Much easier to convert to safety. If a guy is really fluid in motion and can change direction quickly, they are usually already a CB.

Hips and quicks. Usually the safeties aren't elite in that area whilst CBs are.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any shuttle and cone times for the DL's, CB's, and safeties? I can't find them anywhere....
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Not sure if this has already been addressed. But considering his increase in mass and the arm skill he displayed this weekend, has Tyler Bray pushed himself into the second round? I know he has some character issues. But given that, with what he did this weekend and his collegiate career, second rounder?
If the Chiefs were to trade for Alex Smith then taking Bray at the top of the second might make sense for the long run, top of the 3rd would be ideal.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
I'm wondering if he would possibly be a good fit for the Steelers then, who do not necessarily need a CB in the first (unless they let Keenan Lewis walk, which I don't think they will) but could use a S. His physical skills are certainly more exciting than any of the other safeties being talked about in the first.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the steelers took Rhodes he should be a corner, but they cant be dumb and play him 8-10 yards off the WR like they do oh so often

Keenan Lewis would be a better safety than rhodes.

Steelers could go so many ways in the first 2 rounds....WR, OLB, OL, MLB, CB, S, RB

I like Rhodes as their CB, i would prefer elam or Amerson (stud FS in the steelers defense) in 2 over vaccaro in 1 if they were going to address DB early. But imo they need a WR and a pass rusher most
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BREAKING NEWS: I just realized Will Davis, CB, Utah St., is the same guy that I was playing flag football intramurals against 2 years ago. Haha. He used to go to WWU (my alma mater), but since the football program got cut, he eventually transferred.

Sure, it was just flag, and it was a couple years ago so I'm sure he's gotten better, but I burned him every time when he was defending me (and he held too), and I'm by no means even a D1 athlete. On offense, however, he's an amazing athlete, and he literally caught a ball over me once, and in general caught everything in sight if I didn't draw OPI on him. Maybe he should switch to WR lol.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius Slay, Sanders Commings, and Desmond Trufant all ran themselves up the draft boards today. I need to see some of their other test results.

Trufant will probably be a first rounder now.

I think Slay is worth a second rounder, will probably go in the third.

Commings' time is very surprising to me but that is impressive. He was an afterthought on that UGA defense but he was a solid performer all season.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
BREAKING NEWS: I just realized Will Davis, CB, Utah St., is the same guy that I was playing flag football intramurals against 2 years ago. Haha. He used to go to WWU (my alma mater), but since the football program got cut, he eventually transferred.

Sure, it was just flag, and it was a couple years ago so I'm sure he's gotten better, but I burned him every time when he was defending me (and he held too), and I'm by no means even a D1 athlete. On offense, however, he's an amazing athlete, and he literally caught a ball over me once, and in general caught everything in sight if I didn't draw OPI on him. Maybe he should switch to WR lol.

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if patrick robinson can be a first rounder, trufant certainly is one
Old 02-26-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Xavier Rhodes; I like his physical play in press-man. However, I think if someone takes him in the 1st round expecting a great CB is going to be disappointed. I think he is going to have a hard time covering NFL WR's and when I watch him he is always on his heels, rather than on the balls of his feet. A WR that is as physical as him will have no problem; and smaller quicker WR will be dicing him up if he sits on his heels like he does.

He will be solid, but he is not a 1st round CB. I think he should convert to Safety.
kingdomcome is offline   Reply With Quote