Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who's the Best TE in the Country
Zach Ertz (Stanford) 15 30.61%
Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame) 24 48.98%
Gavin Escobar (SD State) 6 12.24%
Vance McDonald (Rice) 0 0%
Travis Kelce (Cincinnati) 3 6.12%
Dion Sims (Michigan State) 1 2.04%
Jordan Reed (Florida) 0 0%
Levine Toilolo (Stanford) 0 0%
Nick Kasa (Colorado) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Eifert/Ertz/McDonald are the top 3 TEs. Not sure where the Eifert hate comes from unless your a biased ND hater. He can split out wide or play inline and block. A really versatile TE that fits the mold.
Like you implied it's Irish hatred. Had Eifert played at Alabama he'd probably be a top 15 pick.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I could throw some more rep your way but apparently I have been to generous with rep to you lately....lol.

Just looking over some over the performances for players who proved they can play at TE.

Eifert really solidified his place IMO just verifying everything on tape with his combine performance.

Vance McDonald - played in a somewhat non traditional offense but produced in the offense and is a huge target - screams 2nd round pick to me at this point - probably reminds me of Gronk moreso than any TE that has come along since Gronk came out. Elite athleticism, great wingspan, very strong - probably earned a 2nd round grade.

Ertz had a solid combine - pretty similar to Fleener. I would not hesitate taking him in the 2nd either - was a dominant TE in PAC-12.

Guys like Furstenburg (played with 4 different QBs this year), Stoneburner (played in a new offensive system where TE was not featured) both also performed very well and look the part of TE the NFL is looking for.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Tyler just raped this combine and separated himself from the pack. That's what I needed to see. I'd take him at 20, no question.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Eifert over Ertz.

I'd also rather wait and take Travis Kelce. Huge, athletic, able to adjust to poorly thrown balls, nice hands, a better blocker than all of the other guys mentioned, and also has some nice bloodlines.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:01 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Guys like Furstenburg (played with 4 different QBs this year), Stoneburner (played in a new offensive system where TE was not featured) both also performed very well and look the part of TE the NFL is looking for.
Don't be fooled. Stoneburner is not good (I did play basketball with him at the gym at Ohio State, though, and he has amazing hops lol).

I do still remember McDonald dropping a lot of passes at the Senior Bowl, but with his size and athleticism, he's going to be such a mismatch that he'll probably do good more often than not... but if you watch games of his, he drops a lot of passes there too...

Dion Sims might not be a star, but he's going to make some team very happy.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 02-24-2013 at 05:17 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
I'd take Eifert over Ertz.

I'd also rather wait and take Travis Kelce. Huge, athletic, able to adjust to poorly thrown balls, nice hands, a better blocker than all of the other guys mentioned, and also has some nice bloodlines.
Was there some character issues with Kelce or am i thinking of someone else.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Was there some character issues with Kelce or am i thinking of someone else.
You got the right guy. Got suspended from the team for a year. Still haven't figured out why.

Love his game, though
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like there's a ND QB bust every 3 years there's a ND TE who is an average player every 2.

As a receiver I see Eifert's upside as Greg Olsen. Olsen really isn't that good a player but if he hits that I guess that's not bad.

All I know is if you want good NFL talent from a Catholic school you go to Boston College. If you want a player you can find an equivalent of somewhere else 3 rounds later go to ND.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rudolph is a pretty damn good player and Carlson is what he was expected to be. That's not really fair.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eifert proved he is the better athlete over Ertz and will be drafted higher than Ertz.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna have to switch and lean toward Eifert after that combine. He did enough to pull ahead in the dead heat that I previously had him losing to Ertz. He's definitely my #1 now...but I wouldn't want a TE in the first two rounds, anyway. This TE class is deep with guys who could be there in rounds 3, 4, and 5 who look like potential good starters; maybe not as dynamic as Eifert or Ertz, but still good.

If my team misses out in FA and ignores the top guys this year, you're not gonna catch me crying if we end up with a shiny new Dion Sims or Vance McDonald.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'm gonna have to switch and lean toward Eifert after that combine. He did enough to pull ahead in the dead heat that I previously had him losing to Ertz. He's definitely my #1 now...but I wouldn't want a TE in the first two rounds, anyway. This TE class is deep with guys who could be there in rounds 3, 4, and 5 who look like potential good starters; maybe not as dynamic as Eifert or Ertz, but still good.

If my team misses out in FA and ignores the top guys this year, you're not gonna catch me crying if we end up with a shiny new Dion Sims or Vance McDonald.
I think Vance McDonald is a very intriguing prospect.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Just like there's a ND QB bust every 3 years there's a ND TE who is an average player every 2.

As a receiver I see Eifert's upside as Greg Olsen. Olsen really isn't that good a player but if he hits that I guess that's not bad.

All I know is if you want good NFL talent from a Catholic school you go to Boston College. If you want a player you can find an equivalent of somewhere else 3 rounds later go to ND.
Helgh? Olsen is a pretty damn good receiving TE.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think hes like greg olsen at worst, his upside is much higher than that. Put him in the right kind of offense and hes gonna put up big numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Rudolph is a pretty damn good player and Carlson is what he was expected to be. That's not really fair.
Rudolph is on his way to being a very good player, but Carlson has been terrible recently and is not at all what you're looking for from an early second round TE.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eifert had a nice combine and Ertz disappointed frankly. I don't actually see either as a 1 rounder; they are closer to mid 2nd to me. Fleener was very early 2nd and I think he brought considerably more explosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote