Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
**** it, the first time I got high I was listening to lil Wayne, and John Mayer is an incredibly gifted guitarist, he's just a shmarmy douche and writes really fruity (though catchy, to his credit) lyrics. I saw fun. at Bonnaroo and it was one of my favorite shows of the festival. They bring so much fun and positive energy to the table with their performances, everyone who was there watching them was having a blast. You'll definitely enjoy that show, especially if you've got a girl your bringing. Speaking of EDM though, are you familiar with Conspirator?
Ok so I didn't think I was the only one considering the age group on these boards.

Ive come across Conspirator. Theyre pretty cool. If Slightly Stoopids sound met EDM, itd be them. Nice change of pace but its not a sound I woud listen to for more than 20 minutes, but Im easily bored with most music. I dont take them for great performers, though, so see someone else if you want a show. Worth a listen if youre interested in something semi new. Theyve been around on the west coast for a while.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually love Jet:

For those folks who haven't heard of The Trews, they are the awesome sauce:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just found out that H20 is in town tonight. Don't think I can make it, though. I'm so out of the loop.

Anyway, that not-really-new Rilo Kiley song is pretty nice. I anticipate the rarities release.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New goodies!

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hobbes, I plan on trying to see both of those bands during South By.

also, this band's album leaked this weekend and I have been enjoying it since:

so much better than their previous work.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope to as well. Though I'm definitely not buying a badge/wristband.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 02-27-2013, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I hope to as well. Though I'm definitely not buying a badge/wristband.
I'm going to try an purchase a wristband. I didn't last year and still had fun, but I know several of my friends are getting one and I figured "why not?"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Ok so I didn't think I was the only one considering the age group on these boards.

Ive come across Conspirator. Theyre pretty cool. If Slightly Stoopids sound met EDM, itd be them. Nice change of pace but its not a sound I woud listen to for more than 20 minutes, but Im easily bored with most music. I dont take them for great performers, though, so see someone else if you want a show. Worth a listen if youre interested in something semi new. Theyve been around on the west coast for a while.
They actually came to my area a little while back and I was kinda the same way, they were cool for about half of the set they had, but it got tiresome fairly quick. I too felt the same way about them as performers, but I just chalked that up to the fact there were only ~40 people there watching them. I may give them a second chance at Roo depending on the schedule, but nnow that I know there is someone else who has had a similar experience with them live, I'm beginning to think I'll be able to find better use of my time during their set. Thanks for the info on their live stuff though, I kinda had that feeling from the show I was at, but I could always use more info on bands I'm not as familiar with.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New goodies!

Dude these are two sick ******* songs. I always dig Sam Beam/Iron and Wine, but Iron and Wine's more up tempo music is some of my favorite music out there. And that song has such a more groovy bassline than I'm used to out of Iron and Wine. Seems like he's stepping out a little bit from his other music, and I like it a lot. I googled the lyrics as the song was starting for it because I always appreciate Sam Beam's lyrics and he fits a lot of top quality lyrics in this song in a short time and none of it feels unnecessarily rushed or awkward like sometimes happens when lyric writers are trying to fit a lot of lyrics into a song.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs song I love for completely different reasons, I love that this post has both of these contrasting styles, in such great songs. Where Iron and Wine has that ability to be subtle, this song (much like the rest of theirs) has that ability to feel like you are in a groovy gospel church setting. They are so good at putting you in an atmosphere that makes the song seem so big. The lyrics, though not the strong suit of the song fit with what the song is and there is enough repetition that it builds up the epic feel you get without taking too long and getting boring. Its about time we got some new music out of both of these acts, and it seems like the wait is going to be well worth it.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 02-27-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bluesfest lineup is out! Looks like I'll be seeing Rush and BB King for sure, most likely Weezer, Flogging Molly, Frank Turner...I guess there's some others as well.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Bluesfest lineup is out! Looks like I'll be seeing Rush and BB King for sure, most likely Weezer, Flogging Molly, Frank Turner...I guess there's some others as well.
Saw Weezer at Bluesfest three years ago and they were great. Animal Collective will be there same say as Weezer and I am even more pumped to see them so that will be a day I attend. I would also like to see Wu-Tang Clan but there is nobody else that day that I really care about seeing.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I've been rolling through the Bonnaroo lineup looking for more music and came across Lee Fields and the Expressions. I don't listen to too much soul music, mostly because I don't get to find much of it, but I really dig this.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Looks pretty good, the way the acts are split is killing me, though. No real standout days.

- Belle & Sebastian are playing with basically nobody else that I particularly care to see, but they would be one of my most desired acts.
- Wu Tang/Tegan and Sara could be an alright day, though I don't really care about fun.
- Weezer is always cool. I know a lot of people that like Passion Pit and Animal Collective, as well.
- Rush and Grace Potter is a good pair.
- Frank Turner I would definitely want to see, Flogging Molly is a decent act for that day, as well. I always wanted to like She & Him but never got too into it.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I know I mentioned them before, but I REALLY like Milo Greene. They are one of my most anticipated bands for Roo. Their KEXP set is incredible.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm going to try an purchase a wristband. I didn't last year and still had fun, but I know several of my friends are getting one and I figured "why not?"
I got an RSVP wristband for $30 that'll get us into a ton of parties and showcases. And seeing as this is going to my first time at SXSW, I'm smitten.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

^^^ Yes sir. I've been on a strong kick of both of those bands for the past month or so, and found out last week I get to see both of them at Roo. They are two of the bands I'm most excited for

Old 02-28-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 02-28-2013 at 08:59 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

This is the song for my morning alarm. Joe Strummer is undoubtedly one of my favorite figures throughout history. He was just so ******* cool.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
^^^ Yes sir. I've been on a strong kick of both of those bands for the past month or so, and found out last week I get to see both of them at Roo. They are two of the bands I'm most excited for
that's pretty awesome, I may investigate... the lineups are always stacked and I've been meaning to get down there one of these years.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Dabears put one of these guys' songs up a little while ago, and this song came on my TV and I just looked into these guys. I absolutely love this song. It reminds me of "Ho Hey" by the Lumineers in that it makes me feel kinda like a kid again, the song just inherently makes you happy. I dare you not to smile while listening to this song.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This song wouldn't even be one of my five favorites from AMOK and yet it is still really great. Gotta love Thom Yorke. As much as I loved Lonerism from last year I am loving AMOK even more. There are a few albums coming out this year that I am really excited for but it will be tough for any of them to be as good as this album.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

this is still great too

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-01-2013 at 11:12 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

The new Bronx is alright. Nothing special, but some good energy and melody. About what I expected.

Quote:
New goodies!

These were both very good. Love the interspersed Mette Lindberg-esque yelling from Karen.