Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I was open to seeing how Teo performed, but blaming his poor 40 time on stress is crap. I realise he has been under a lot of pressure, but perfoming under pressure is part of playing in the National Football League.

Why bother with excuses, he didn't run as well as he hoped, so be it it happens. Get back into it, work hard and make up for it at your pro day. Thats what other people did (Manningham being one example I remember).

blaming it on stress is pathetic. All it means is that the layer gets rattled and doesn't have the mental fortitude and resilience that you want, particularly in a position often viewed for leadership. Seriously, if stress is an issue at the combine, how will you cope in the NFL in a playoff game. If something goes awry (which happens), blaming your team mate for not doing his job just isnt going to cut it.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
looking at this, there's only a few guys I wouldn't like at 19.

Actually, I think the only guy at 19 I don't want is Te'o.

Soooo many good possibilities
There may not be an obvious candidate at 19 now, my latest mock has us taking G Jonathan Cooper

but we are well positioned to do a lot of things. If there are any surprises we can grab a good value if someone falls.

We can trade up, we can trade down.

I could even see us trading for a player like Revis (though it would be a surprise). After all Revis' cap number is less than Webster's.

At this stage I could see a legitimate argument made for almost every position outside of QB, RB and the Special Teamers. Once we get into free agency we will have a clearer idea of our needs.

Even then NYG tends to view things differently, Reese does go left field from mainstream thinking at times. NYG drafts with a couple of years into the future in mind rather than expecting immediate impact.

Jerry Reese has so many options on the table right now, particularly with so many key free agents off contract, managing the salary cap and overhaulign the defense. I have complete confidence it will happen (though not always to my liking), the big question is HOW he does it.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
yeah I was open to seeing how Teo performed, but blaming his poor 40 time on stress is crap. I realise he has been under a lot of pressure, but perfoming under pressure is part of playing in the National Football League.

Why bother with excuses, he didn't run as well as he hoped, so be it it happens. Get back into it, work hard and make up for it at your pro day. Thats what other people did (Manningham being one example I remember).

blaming it on stress is pathetic. All it means is that the layer gets rattled and doesn't have the mental fortitude and resilience that you want, particularly in a position often viewed for leadership. Seriously, if stress is an issue at the combine, how will you cope in the NFL in a playoff game. If something goes awry (which happens), blaming your team mate for not doing his job just isnt going to cut it.
I totally agree, and that interview just further confirmed my perception of him as a selfish and fake person, i.e not a good teammate to have on your team.

He could have just said something like Damontre Moore said after his disappointing combine. He said something like "Well, I had a blast at the combine regardless. The workouts didn't go as well as I had hoped and performed while training, but that's football. You'll face adversity. I'll have to come out at my pro day and perform better, and I will."

That's the perfect answer, the mature answer. Don't blame the circumstances, they're the same for every guy at the combine. And the extra pressure the media attention may have put on you? Guess what, that's your own fault. So ultimately, if you want to blame your poor performance on that, It's on you man. Grow up, and take responsibility.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I totally agree, and that interview just further confirmed my perception of him as a selfish and fake person, i.e not a good teammate to have on your team.

He could have just said something like Damontre Moore said after his disappointing combine. He said something like "Well, I had a blast at the combine regardless. The workouts didn't go as well as I had hoped and performed while training, but that's football. You'll face adversity. I'll have to come out at my pro day and perform better, and I will."

That's the perfect answer, the mature answer. Don't blame the circumstances, they're the same for every guy at the combine. And the extra pressure the media attention may have put on you? Guess what, that's your own fault. So ultimately, if you want to blame your poor performance on that, It's on you man. Grow up, and take responsibility.
I totally agree, I wasn't aware of Moore's comments, but it makes sense. It shows, maturity and if he performs better at his pro day, work ethic. We all have bad days from time to time thats life.

The same token, I would rather someone work out and perform poorly than skip workouts. That is what the combine is all about. I do understand that some people are rehabbing from injuries which could prevent some activities, but there are a lot who could have worked out who didn't.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
with all the twitter love he's getting, i feel proud to say that you got us on that wagon earlier than most. feels goodman
That's what I love about this forum, and the giants forum in particular. We have a lot of good posters here, and we all form our own opinions on prospects. When I read your posts or anyone else in here post about a prospect, I know it's a legit opinion.

We have a good group of guys in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
The DT I like is Brandon Williams

He doesn't have great speed, but he has good size at 6-1, 335 and is very strong with 38 reps

We know he has great hustle and can be disruptive

in the last 3 year (41 games), he has 153 tackles, 49.5 TFL and 25.5 sacks
Keep an eye on Jordan Hill from Penn State. He reminds me a lot of Jay Alford and I think he can be a very solid 3rd/4th round DT for us. A good situational pass rushing DT who comes in on our nickel package.

Let me know what you think of him. He's another guy that I feel is very slept on who will be a productive NFL player.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw the rest of Logan Ryan's combine numbers and they were all really good except for his 40. His 3 cone and shuttle were impressive.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I just saw the rest of Logan Ryan's combine numbers and they were all really good except for his 40. His 3 cone and shuttle were impressive.
Yeah. I don't know. His 40 scares me quite a bit.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I was hoping for some draft conversation in the draft board today but everyone is too busy laughing at the Chiefs right now.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Gerald Hodges is a guy that I also is good 3rd round value.

Those are the 2 Penn State guys I like, Hill and Hodges. Hodges has some Bowman in him.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Hill and Hodges are two guys I like as well
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Hodges as well. I like lots of guys from "rival" teams this year. I even like Gratz from UConn as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I don't know why. It wasn't fast which we already knew but it wasn't horrible either. His all around game is not predicated on his speed. You say you don't like to hate on the Rutgers guys but you sure do bash or negative hit them whenever you get a chance.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't know why. It wasn't fast which we already knew but it wasn't horrible either. His all around game is not predicated on his speed. You say you don't like to hate on the Rutgers guys but you sure do bash or negative hit them whenever you get a chance.
He's not bashing them. You're just not being fair as an evaluator.

His 4.6 was concerning. I need to see his pro day before I pencil him in as a solid 2nd rounder.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's not bashing them. You're just not being fair as an evaluator.

His 4.6 was concerning. I need to see his pro day before I pencil him in as a solid 2nd rounder.
It's not bashing but there is always a little jab to them when discussing. I've always said straight line speed was his major problem but it's being made a bigger deal than it should be. His technique 100% makes up for his speed and the shuttle and 3 cone helps back that up. I think Webster ran a 4.6 40 and he shuts down all the speed guys because of his tech. Also he ran a mid 4.5 official so hardly concerning considering we knew thats what he was going to do before hand.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

There's 2 players that I never liked that I was hoping would go before we select at 19, but it sounds like both might not get drafted before we draft:

Werner and Moore. Never liked either. I was hoping they would keep their stock steady but Moore tanked his, and Werner's has dropped as well. I wanted both to be gone before 19 so one of the other guys can fall to us, but it doesn't look like the case anymore.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It's not bashing but there is always a little jab to them when discussing. I've always said straight line speed was his major problem but it's being made a bigger deal than it should be. His technique 100% makes up for his speed and the shuttle and 3 cone helps back that up. I think Webster ran a 4.6 40 and he shuts down all the speed guys because of his tech. Also he ran a mid 4.5 official so hardly concerning considering we knew thats what he was going to do before hand.
I like Logan as a 2nd rounder. I just want to see his pro day bc the discrepancy in his 40 btw the 2 runs. That's all.

There is concern, we just need confirmation to set our minds at ease. That's all.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's not all about 40 time, Terrell Thomas ran I believe 4.60

Mind you I wanted Thomas as a free safety not corner.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Thomas was also bigger and stronger than Ryan though. Let's not forget that. And he played harder competition. He also went at the end of the 2nd round.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Very true, I don't know enough about Ryan's play on the field to comment, just pointing out we have had successful corners who haven't run well.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
There's 2 players that I never liked that I was hoping would go before we select at 19, but it sounds like both might not get drafted before we draft:

Werner and Moore. Never liked either. I was hoping they would keep their stock steady but Moore tanked his, and Werner's has dropped as well. I wanted both to be gone before 19 so one of the other guys can fall to us, but it doesn't look like the case anymore.
I am not that thrilled with either.

Of the players who could be available at 19, there are two i like as potential Giants, they are Fluker and Trufant
Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster ran a 4.51 and was a converted WR and TT ran a 4.45. Both were pretty athletic guys.

40 times fro WRs and CBs do actually tell you a bit. I believe corners need to be the most athletic players on the field and a good 40 time is always nice.

However, if you are looking for an amazing corner who timed pretty slow... look no further than Joe Haden he ran like a 4.6... however Haden is way bigger, stronger and more athletic overall than Ryan.

To summarize, I do not want Ryan in the 2nd, maybe the third. There's just too many players I'd rather have over Ryan in round 2. (Of course depending if they are there)

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, there was no jab. You guys like to ignore everything I say and look for the small little "jabs" I take at Rutgers players. What have been saying this entire time up until now? I would love Ryan in the second (still would, in all likelihood). Long before the combine I said the only issue with him was speed and it could be make or break depending on what he timed at. His time was below average. I'll wait to see his pro day before I make any finals judgments, but I would like to see him be bit a little faster. Nonetheless, I love him as prospect and wouldn't be upset (in fact I'd be extremely happy) if we drafted him. Yet, I call him slow and I'm taking jabs and bashing them? It's not a jab. It's fact.

I will be harsher on Rutgers players because you guys, mainly Scotty, can get crazy with the whole school allegiance stuff. I'm not really a big college football fan. I don't care if they played at Rutgers or UConn. I like to mess with you guys at times because its fun but in the end I don't really care.

I take "jabs" at or constructively critique any number of players. Just because they come from Rutgers doesn't mean it's why I'm critiquing them. I love Ryan. I think Greene is only a solid/average prospect. That's how I feel. Nothing to do with the school the play for.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Personally I don't know too much about college rivalries, we only get a handfull of college games each week here in Australia and even then I don't follow them avidly. Sure it can be fun to mess with Scotty, but I also appreciate a diehard fan of his team.

I do follow prospects and there are intriging guys I like to find, but I have to rely on others (like BBD) for their opinions on how it translates on the field. We have an excellent group of posters on the NYG forums.

In the end it all comes back to how players project in the NFL players for a particular system and also how the organisation prioritises needs and positional value.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

call it a hunch, but I am strongly thinking OL Barrett Jones at #49
Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Haha, there was no jab. You guys like to ignore everything I say and look for the small little "jabs" I take at Rutgers players. What have been saying this entire time up until now? I would love Ryan in the second (still would, in all likelihood). Long before the combine I said the only issue with him was speed and it could be make or break depending on what he timed at. His time was below average. I'll wait to see his pro day before I make any finals judgments, but I would like to see him be bit a little faster. Nonetheless, I love him as prospect and wouldn't be upset (in fact I'd be extremely happy) if we drafted him. Yet, I call him slow and I'm taking jabs and bashing them? It's not a jab. It's fact.

I will be harsher on Rutgers players because you guys, mainly Scotty, can get crazy with the whole school allegiance stuff. I'm not really a big college football fan. I don't care if they played at Rutgers or UConn. I like to mess with you guys at times because its fun but in the end I don't really care.

I take "jabs" at or constructively critique any number of players. Just because they come from Rutgers doesn't mean it's why I'm critiquing them. I love Ryan. I think Greene is only a solid/average prospect. That's how I feel. Nothing to do with the school the play for.
You're lucky I like you because with this attitude I should come kick your ass.

sig by BoneKrusher