Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Thoughts on Alex Smith to KC? Personally, I'm really not a fan of this move if it turns out to be true, especially if it prevents us from drafting a QB this year.
I want to go in to next season with a rookie and a vet.

If they give up no more than a 4th for Smith and still draft a QB in the first two rounds I'm fine with it.

That said if they trade for Smith and give him a new deal basically saying "You're our guy" I'm going to be upset.

Scott Pioli's biggest problem at QB was never having a plan B. I really don't want to see the Chiefs make that mistake again.

As much as I want Geno, I wouldn't want to draft him and think "okay we are set at QB now."

I really don't see Reid going in to next season with out a rookie and a vet on the roster.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thoughts on Alex Smith to KC? Personally, I'm really not a fan of this move if it turns out to be true, especially if it prevents us from drafting a QB this year.
i think that is my biggest problem with it too. Smith and Foles seem like if they get here, we are done addressing it. i dont believe any QB we trade for is the answer.

plus, lets look at Alex Smith. is he better than Cassel? yes. i do think Alex is a legit starter in the NFL. Cassel is not. however, how much better is Alex? is he a top 15 QB? i dont think so. he had top defense and a top offensive mind @ HC. you know after typing all that, he could have a top defense in KC (better QB play will help the defense a lot) and I believe Reid can have a similiar (not the same) effect on Smith as Harbaugh.

i think my biggest problem with Alex will be comparing him to this draft class. no matter Alex's success here, if Geno turns into a good QB, then Reid and Dorsey failed. i know it isnt fair to them, but thats how it goes. plus, how many years are left on Alex's contract? in the short term, Alex makes us better. not SB better, but better than 2-14. for how long and at what cost?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, Alex Smith IS Matt Cassel. Matt Cassel with better coaching. The QB that Matt Cassel would have been if Todd boy hadn't managed to run off Charlie Weis.

Look at Alex Smith's career stats. They are very mediocre before Harbaugh. A career passer rating of 79.1 with 81 TDs against 63 INTs compared to Cassel's 80.4 passer rating with 82 TDs against 57 INTs. Cassel's 2010 is way better than Smith's 2010 and then the roof falls in when Weis leaves.

Now don't get me wrong, Cassel has to leave. At this point he is a damaged QB, possibly a ruined one and I don't think Andy can fix him. He has NO confidence in himself and his teammates have no confidence in him. I just don't want to see Matt Cassel Version 2 in the form of Alex Smith.

Personally I think this trade talk is just an attempt by the Niners to stir up some interest. BUT if he comes here and the Chiefs do not draft a QB, I'll burn my Chiefs gear in the driveway.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be down right shocked if the Chiefs don't take a QB in the first two rounds regardless if they get Smith or not.

I'm not 100% convinced they take one first overall but I hope they will.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I will be down right shocked if the Chiefs don't take a QB in the first two rounds regardless if they get Smith or not.

I'm not 100% convinced they take one first overall but I hope they will.
I hope you are right (and I think you are) because I really don't want to burn that leather jacket. OTOH, I am getting too old for another 40 years of this s***.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best thing we can do is give up a 4th or 5th for Smith or Foles and still draft Geno 1/1. Give him time to sit behind the "veteran" we trade for and learn the ropes, but we need to address this position and fast.

We have the worst QB situation in the NFL and it isn't close. The fact that Tebow would be an upgrade at QB is both true and very depressing.

Get us Alex Smith, draft Geno, and we can go from there.

Anything else would be a monumental waste.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the best thing we can do is give up a 4th or 5th for Smith or Foles and still draft Geno 1/1. Give him time to sit behind the "veteran" we trade for and learn the ropes, but we need to address this position and fast.

We have the worst QB situation in the NFL and it isn't close. The fact that Tebow would be an upgrade at QB is both true and very depressing.

I haven't been following the draft very closely. Did Geno stink it up at the combine? I personally think that Alex smith can be a "good" quarterback that would get us to the fringe of the playoffs/ "pretender" category. I think I'm with Mat. Draft us a guy, start him, Pray to God that he's not Todd Blackledge 2.0, also if we are going to trade for someone, why not Foles? He has experience in Reid's offense and he looked like he had promise. That way if Geno doesn't pan out(or Stanzi for that matter...kinda kidding) then you have "potential" which it seems that we're desperately lacking at that position...potential.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:13 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hate to say it, but I don't think Geno happens if they go out and trade for Alex Smith or Foles.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I haven't been following the draft very closely. Did Geno stink it up at the combine? I personally think that Alex smith can be a "good" quarterback that would get us to the fringe of the playoffs/ "pretender" category. I think I'm with Mat. Draft us a guy, start him, Pray to God that he's not Todd Blackledge 2.0, also if we are going to trade for someone, why not Foles? He has experience in Reid's offense and he looked like he had promise. That way if Geno doesn't pan out(or Stanzi for that matter...kinda kidding) then you have "potential" which it seems that we're desperately lacking at that position...potential.
There is nothing that Geno could have done at the combine that would stop the haters from hating. He ran the same 40 time as Cam Newton (4.59). So much for the "Geno can't run" argument. He was 2nd in vert. jump and 1st in broad jump. He made all the throws and he did well when interviewed. If anything, Geno cemented his positon as the #1 QB in the draft. And some people still hate him.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It's freaking unbelievable that no matter who the GM/HC is they still do the same **** over and over.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

If the Alex Smith trade is true...I'm beginning to miss Pioli.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to KC Luke Joeckel. Yay, the Chiefs have cornered the NFL market on mediocrity.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the worst feeling possible.

The Chiefs are settling for total mediocrity and it's very likely their only hope for something more will be going to Oakland. :(
Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do your team's FO just not give a **** about winning? How does Alex Smith give you a better chance in the long run, than Geno? I'd laugh so hard if you bring back Albert and take Star #1. This is just pathetic. Sorry guys, maybe some day you will get an actual franchise QB

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Even that would be better than what's actually going to happen, which will be letting Branden Albert walk away so they can draft Luke Joeckel.

We're never getting a franchise QB.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I firmly believe that the Chiefs will never win another Super Bowl again.

Gutless teams don't win Super Bowls.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

If they are dead set on taking Joeckel and it looks like they are then they should sign Bowe ASAP and tag/trade Albert.

That said won't happen. They will just let him walk and get nothing.

**** my life.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am sick to my stomach. i had a **** cold day at work and this ******* news breaks just before lunch. Alex ******* Smith. and then i read about what we gave up to get him. seriously, if i owned a gun, i may try and hurt myself. WTF are they thinking? i can't even imagine the conversation that started this. someone had to say out loud to the people in charge, "i think we should trade for Alex Smith." "what is SF looking for as conpensation? a 4th, maybe a 3rd?" "no, 2 2nd round picks." "ok, lets do it!"

i don't even know where to begin. why the hell do i keep rooting for a team that doesn't care about me? i'll say this, if a person i knew burned me like this, even only once, i would no longer be their aquaintance. why do i let them burn me over and over and over with no real end in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
If they are dead set on taking Joeckel and it looks like they are then they should sign Bowe ASAP and tag/trade Albert.

That said won't happen. They will just let him walk and get nothing.

**** my life.
this was my next thought. franchise Albert and trade him to the highest bidder.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have no idea why any of us continue to root for this franchise, but we do. And that sucks.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

There is a possibility (very small) that this trade never happens.

If the Eagles actually don't have Foles in their long term plans and were grand standing to get more out of a trade from Andy, I'd expect them to make a last minute hail mary to get them back to the negotiating table.

Not expecting it though.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I have no idea why any of us continue to root for this franchise, but we do. And that sucks.
I've tried not rooting for them it's not possible. I apparently enjoy pain and misery.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

I keep hoping that I will wake up and this will all be a nightmare.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, guys. I like the Chiefs contingent here and the Smith trade is awful. I am quite excited because maybe we (Bills) get Geno, but I still feel for you.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Sorry, guys. I like the Chiefs contingent here and the Smith trade is awful. I am quite excited because maybe we (Bills) get Geno, but I still feel for you.
Oh, well, better the Bills than the Raiders. Besides I have a soft spot for the Bills because of Marv. Chiefs should never have fired Marv.