Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Floyd to Oakland? Someone shoot me.
What's the consensus from Raider fans at 3? Just curious, might try one of these and have not seen a mock yet that Raiders fans are happy with.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
What's the consensus from Raider fans at 3? Just curious, might try one of these and have not seen a mock yet that Raiders fans are happy with.
We're really not sure tbh. The one thing we agree on is we'd like to go defense, the names being thrown out the most now are ansah, jordan, and lotuleile

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'd be happy with Lotulelei, Milliner or Jordan. A trade down is the best option though but we'll see if it happens.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
No way Vaccaro goes over Milliner at this point.
I agree, there is no chance that Milliner isn't Detroit's pick in this scenario.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
We're really not sure tbh. The one thing we agree on is we'd like to go defense, the names being thrown out the most now are ansah, jordan, and lotuleile
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Right now I'd be happy with Lotulelei, Milliner or Jordan. A trade down is the best option though but we'll see if it happens.
When it comes to the defensive front 7 right now the Raiders have two distinctly different needs. These are not the only needs in the front 7; I am simply attempting to differentiate the two.

1) Outside pass rushers (4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
2) Gap-controlling interior defensive linemen (3-4 NT/4-3 DT/3-4 DE)

Floyd can project to a 3-4 DE, but he is a single gap penetrator and he struggles at controlling the line of scrimmage. And yet he still doesn't get to the QB very well.

The Raiders are much better served getting someone who is versatile enough to play DE/OLB and provide a pass rush while also addressing the need to get at least 1 (maybe 3) player(s) who can actually control the line of scrimmage.

Because of the bevy of needs all over the roster due to 1) numerous players in free agency, 2) cap hell, and 3) players just playing poorly at their positions, the best option for the Raiders is a trade down to pick up more assets.

In order:
1) Trade down
2) Pass-rusher or gap-controller
3) See above
4) CB
5) MLB
6) RT
7) CB
8) OG

The difficult problem is how urgent so many of these needs are--like all of them. None of these are luxuries. The Raiders have maybe 2 starters under contract in the front 7 right now (Burris/Houston). So they clearly need to address that repeatedly (like Crow would address Kate Upton repeatedly). They have no starting corners under contract, however RM comes from the philosophy of building from the inside out so likely addressing lines first. They have a black hole at RT that absolutely killed the Raiders as much as the ZBS did last year. And they need probably 2 new OGs.

After these urgent needs are taken care of, the Raiders could use a #1 WR, a TE to replace Brandon Myers if he leaves, a RBotF and a QBotF.

Raider fans am I missing anything?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
28. Denver: Sheldon Richardson

Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Not gonna happen squirt. I had the wrong report in my head about Richardson when I dropped him.

Sorry.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
When it comes to the defensive front 7 right now the Raiders have two distinctly different needs. These are not the only needs in the front 7; I am simply attempting to differentiate the two.

Floyd can project to a 3-4 DE, but he is a single gap penetrator and he struggles at controlling the line of scrimmage. And yet he still doesn't get to the QB very well.

The Raiders are much better served getting someone who is versatile enough to play DE/OLB and provide a pass rush while also addressing the need to get at least 1 (maybe 3) player(s) who can actually control the line of scrimmage.

Because of the bevy of needs all over the roster due to 1) numerous players in free agency, 2) cap hell, and 3) players just playing poorly at their positions, the best option for the Raiders is a trade down to pick up more assets.

In order:
1) Trade down
3) See above
4) CB
5) MLB
6) RT
7) CB
8) OG

The difficult problem is how urgent so many of these needs are--like all of them. None of these are luxuries. The Raiders have maybe 2 starters under contract in the front 7 right now (Burris/Houston). So they clearly need to address that repeatedly (like Crow would address Kate Upton repeatedly). They have no starting corners under contract, however RM comes from the philosophy of building from the inside out so likely addressing lines first. They have a black hole at RT that absolutely killed the Raiders as much as the ZBS did last year. And they need probably 2 new OGs.

After these urgent needs are taken care of, the Raiders could use a #1 WR, a TE to replace Brandon Myers if he leaves, a RBotF and a QBotF.

Sanders is a 4-3 guy so I don't know why you're trying to play him at 3-4 end?

You have 1 DT on the roster worth a damn and he's 32 years old. If the Raiders feel Floyd is the best prospect on their board, they'll take him. They aren't going to bypass him because they don't "need" him. If they have two guys rated similarly maybe they'll take the other (Jordan, Ansah, etc.). But if they like Floyd and really think he can be Sapp down the road they'll take him.

You don't buy Floyd, I get that.

But the Raiders might. Ask yourself this - if a guy with Warren Sapp potential was there at 3 would you be against him?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sanders is a 4-3 guy so I don't know why you're trying to play him at 3-4 end?

You have 1 DT on the roster worth a damn and he's 32 years old. If the Raiders feel Floyd is the best prospect on their board, they'll take him. They aren't going to bypass him because they don't "need" him. If they have two guys rated similarly maybe they'll take the other (Jordan, Ansah, etc.). But if they like Floyd and really think he can be Sapp down the road they'll take him.

You don't buy Floyd, I get that.

But the Raiders might. Ask yourself this - if a guy with Warren Sapp potential was there at 3 would you be against him?
It's not about the fact the Raiders don't "need" a penetrator. It's the fact that the Raiders need a penetrator like I need a hole in the gut. Their run defense has been an abomination because they don't have anyone who DOESN'T get up field. Adding someone else who only works well getting up field perpetuates the issue.

By the way, Tommy Kelly isn't worth a damn any more and he's likely to be cut too. Lamarr Houston could finally move back inside like he should have ages ago to play the exact same role Floyd would fill.

If the Raiders pick Floyd at #3 I will throw my TV out a window.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

What I'm getting from you is that you don't want Floyd because you don't like him as a prospect. Floyd can get to the QB but his penetration is also extremely effective against the run. He blows plays up in the backfield.

He'll play 3-tech with that role. Yes you need everythign else, but he's the best player there - you can't draft 5 players with one pick unless you move down which is way easier said than done.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
What I'm getting from you is that you don't want Floyd because you don't like him as a prospect. Floyd can get to the QB but his penetration is also extremely effective against the run. He blows plays up in the backfield.

He'll play 3-tech with that role. Yes you need everythign else, but he's the best player there - you can't draft 5 players with one pick unless you move down which is way easier said than done.
I love you gpngc. I tend to agree with you more often than not.

And yes, that's what I'm saying. I disagree with you on his ability. And the fact is I would probably lose it if the Raiders had this draft for the very reason the Raiders have sucked for a decade with gap integrity starting at the line.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
03. Oakland: Sharrif Floyd
Not sure if want.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Well Mort says Raiders want Geno so GOOD LUCK WITH THAT **** LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What he said.

Yikes.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post

In order:
1) Trade down
3) See above
4) CB
5) MLB
6) RT
7) CB
8) OG

I must spread rep around, apparently.

Also, lol @ me and Kate Upton. I give the ho one little taste and just can't shake her loose now. B/itches be all clingy and sh/t.

Front 7 is a critical need. I don't trust Floyd. Really not all that impressed with him. Star I was iffy on before. Now with the heart thing...pass.

I think we have to go pass rusher or OL if we can't trade out of the 3 hole, which we should desperately attempt to do.

I'm trying to sell myself on Dion Jordan, but I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't just reach for the best player in the draft (funny how that works, ain't it?) and take Warmack. Can we find guards anywhere? In theory, yeah. Is Warmack as close to a can't miss as this class offers? I think so. The argument for and against taking Warmack this high could go on for hours.

If Ansah had performed even marginally well in LB drills, I'd settle on him as my top guy. But, he didn't, and I have serious doubts about his ability to be scheme/positionally diverse enough for what we want to do defensively.

Then again, Lamarr Houston looked pretty good playing LB/Standup DE for us, so anything is possible.

Team Needs in Loose Order
DE/OLB (scheme diversity is key)
NT
RT
CB
MLB/ILB
TE
OG
WR
RB
QB
FS

Loose order, mind you. Positional value factored in.

Draft Options
1. Trade down
2. Jordan/Ansah
3. Warmack
4. Lane Johnson/Fisher

That'll change by this time tomorrow. Maybe not the players, but the order.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They have that in Lamarr Houston.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Floyd can blow plays up in the backfield, but he can also be run at consistently. That's not a good quality for a DT being pimped as a 3rd overall pick.

The Sapp comparisons are pretty laughable imo.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Better to press Desmond "Mugshot of the Year" Bryant to re-sign and look for a DT who actually plays the run later on. I'll take Bryant and Houston over an unknown with bad technique like Floyd every day of the week.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The season of pre-draft BSing is in full effect.