Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Kelsay retired today after 10 years with the Bills.

He was due 4.9 Million this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2278/chris-kelsay

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And from Pat Yaskinskas:

The New Orleans Saints have shaved $3 million in salary-cap room by restructuring the contract of guard Ben Grubbs, according to a league source.
The Saints simply handed Grubbs a $4 million signing bonus up front.

That lowered his base salary from $5.2 million to $1.2 million and the signing bonus is pro-rated over the remainder of the contract.

The move now between Grubbs and Colston has saved the team $5.1 million.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Chris Kelsay retired today after 10 years with the Bills.

He was due 4.9 Million this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2278/chris-kelsay
There goes the highest motor this league ever done saw. I will miss you, Chris, even if you were basically the perfect representation of the last decade of Bills football.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And add another one. Per Pat Yaskinskas: Saints restructure Hawthorne's deal, team saves another $2.05 million http://es.pn/XbMrx7

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
There goes the highest motor this league ever done saw. I will miss you, Chris, even if you were basically the perfect representation of the last decade of Bills football.
Lol. Agree x 1000.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

And finally, Jahri Evans has restructured his deal today.

With all four players that have restructured their contracts - Colston, Grubbs, Jahri Evans, David Hawthorne - the Saints have shaved $10.27 million off their current salary cap.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we cut Smith we're in the black

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
If we cut Smith we're in the black

We should be in the black right now after all these resctructured deals.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
We should be in the black right now after all these resctructured deals.
You're right. That deserves 2 Loomis'

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
And finally, Jahri Evans has restructured his deal today.

With all four players that have restructured their contracts - Colston, Grubbs, Jahri Evans, David Hawthorne - the Saints have shaved $10.27 million off their current salary cap.
I remember when the Raiders were good enough that they did this every offseason.

But the players they sign are so bad they just cut them.

And they're still over the cap.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would an Alex smith trade from 49ers to the chiefs affect both teams cap space? I can't remember if trading Alex saves 7.5 or 8.5
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BUF 4.1M Chris Kelsay Retirement
DAL 4M DeMarcus Ware Restructure
DET 2.5M Nate Burleson
JAX 2.325M Guy Whimper, Brandon King, John Parker Wilson Release
NE 8.0M Tom Brady Extension
NO 10.27M Marques Colston, Ben Grubbs, Jahri Evans, David Hawthorne Restructure
PIT 3.08M Antonio Brown Restructure

Details on how the yearly base salaries of Will Beatty's extension shake out aren't available yet so nothing's reflected here, but things are going to be tight in NY. The signing bonus alone is going to count for 2.5M of 2013 cap space.

The 49ers will save $9.75 million if they execute the deal before March 14th at 4 PM eastern. Supposed to happen on the 12th, so yeah.

Phew! Teams put me to work today, lol. I like it a lot more when there's one or two items per day.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the process of adjusting this to the new estimated cap of 123M, which seems to have gained significant traction. Since I'm going to stop updating it at the beginning of free agency when all hell breaks loose, I'm also going to go ahead and apply the rule of 51, too.

I'm also in the process of recalculating every team's obligations from scratch because some performance escalators managed to get through unnoticed. Some of the cap numbers will be changing significantly.

I'll be applying some other things as well. I'm going to go ahead and put the Alex Smith trade in; I can always fix it if the Chiefs back out. I'm going to apply Will Beatty's signing bonus to the cap since we have that...but not his base salary, since that's still missing contract, because the cap number just came out.

Hopefully, this will all be finished within the next hour. I've been at it for some time.

edit: PIT's new number may be incorrect. There are conflicting reports about Ben's restructure. I put in a $6M savings. May only be $3M.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-28-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Cowboys did 4 more restructures today and finally got in the black (barely)!

Well, I think so, anyway. PFT reports savings of 14.8M for Livings, Carr, Bernadeau, and Witten. We'll see if that's accurate some day.

This is going to hurt them in the future.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas has restructed the contracts of Ware, Witten, Carr, Livings and Bernardeau within the last 24 hours and are expected to do more. I'll try to get the specifics of the numbers...

Quote:
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr

The Cowboys have officially taken the next step getting under the salary cap by restructuring the contract of cb Brandon Carr, saving $10.5m

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins

Cowboys saved roughly $8.3 mil on restructuring Witten, Livings and Ware contracts. More savings with Connor, Carr and Ratliff to come.
Quote:
That’s not enough for them to get where they need to be, however. Archer reports defensive tackle Jay Ratliff and cornerback Orlando Scandrick are also on the list of moves the Cowboys would like to make. Along with the previously reported request that linebacker Dan Connor take a pay cut if he wants to remain in Dallas, there’s a lot of moving parts in Dallas right now.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...turing-parade/

Last edited by TheFinisher : 02-28-2013 at 01:22 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Well, I think so, anyway. PFT reports savings of 14.8M for Livings, Carr, Bernadeau, and Witten. We'll see if that's accurate some day.

Dallas has been doing this for years and it seems like we say this every time, but there are loopholes within the salary cap that make your cap number very flexible.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm neither a Skins or BOys fan, but what the league did to them is an abomination. Mara should be booted from the league for his comments too.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yea it has been going on for awhile in Dallas, but maybe it's just me but it seems like more and more teams are doing this. Pittsburgh has had a few already and should be more to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cap for 2013 officially set at $123 million according to multiple sources.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mort reporting the cap will be $123.9m after league revenue adjustments give the cap another $900,000.

The Ravens have officially placed Ray Lewis and Matt Birk on the reserve/retired list, saving $6.4 million against the cap.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Just updated everyone to reflect the new 123.9M cap. Ravens retirements were factored in when the players announced.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Sweet God. Cincy has 58mil in cap space???

Not bad for a playoff team heading into FA.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Sweet God. Cincy has 58mil in cap space???

Not bad for a playoff team heading into FA.
Half of that's gonna disappear pretty quickly with frontloaded extensions for guys like Geno Smith and AJ Green, I think.

edit: Got the numbers on Miles Austin's restructure and put 'em in.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-01-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Half of that's gonna disappear pretty quickly with frontloaded extensions for guys like Geno Smith and AJ Green, I think.
Oh yeah, Gene ATKINS (cough cough) is gonna get paid. 2 Time Pro Bowler, last year was on the All Pro list i believe....

AJ Green will match Calvin's contract at some point.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 03-01-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Mass cuts in ATL opening up a big amount of cap room. Adios to Dunta, Abraham, and Turner.