Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
is that is a likely outcome? can see Star at 1 too. neither OL or DL are as impact as QB but then again these are legit blue chippers, and can we say the same about Geno? People remember RG3 boosting himself into top pick status with a good combine, but Geno isn't that kind of athlete. So the real question is how is Geno Smith gonna boost his stock to 1? It's gonna have to be some kind of awesome pro day.
That's the million dollar question...err...multi-million dollar question as it were. The rumor in KC is that Branden Albert isn't taking the "home town discount" and that he may be asking for a contract worth about $10 million/year or a little more. Now, there will be debate, if that is true, if he's worth that. Keep in mind, he did only allow 1 sack this year. Allowed one sack on a team that never held a lead until, literally, mid-way through the season. Meaning they were always behind and fighting uphill. I believe the sack he gave up was to John Abraham in the season opener against Atlanta. But, conversely, there is the injury concern as he missed a few games this year due to a back injury of some sort. Although for a couple of those games he missed he was actually in uniform and "could have" played in an emergecy. So the Branden Albert situation, as you can see, is very complex and not likely to be resolved for a while. But a lot hinges on what ultimately happens with him.

Last edited by KaneMarko : 02-05-2013 at 04:17 PM.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give Albert $10m a year. I was a huge fan of his before the draft, I was a huge fan of the pick when we took him, and I'm a firm believer in paying the guys who you can count on. Albert is one of those guys.

And it doesn't hurt that he has gotten better every year he's been in the league.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TBH, I think Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin were so dominant last season it's hard for me in hindsight to look at the numbers Geno Smith put up and question his decision to target his 2 main WRs ALL the time.

I'm still not sure if it shows a lack of ability to go through his progressions or common sense.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 02-27-2013 at 08:30 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm slowly warming up to Geno. I just compared him to Ryan Tannehill in the prospect comparison thread, and people might remember I really liked Tannehill last year. But Tannehill had only been playing QB for a year and a half before he graduated, while Geno's been at quarterback his whole career. The fact that they look very similar is what worries me. Physically, they're nearly identical. They've both got great arms. That's something that has increasingly stood out to me the more I watch Geno - he gets plenty of velocity and he's accurate, as well as having the right touch on deep balls. He can nail those outs and comeback routes, which is what popped off the screen at me while I was watching Tannehill. You watch Geno scramble for a TD against Marshall and again you can see Tannehill qualities.

But where I felt like I could make excuses for Tannehill not looking off his primary reads and some footwork issues, it's more troublesome when the guy you're talking about has always been a QB. He looks about the same as Tannehill with having had two more years to polish his game, and you can point to the offense he was running and also that he had a glut of amazing receivers to throw to, as far as why he didn't need to go through route progressions. He's definitely got the physical ability. Athletically and arm-wise, I can make the Tannehill comparison. But Tannehill was pretty new to the position, and Geno isn't. So while the case I was making for Tannehill as a first round pick was as a developmental prospect, I'm just not as gung-ho about a guy who's got twice the collegiate experience but pretty much plays the same way. But I can't knock Geno's raw ability. It's there.
I don't like that one a lot. Tannehill threw gas, he was accurate on the run and came from Sherman's pro style WCO. I also doubt if you stand them up next to each other that they'll look similar physically.

That said, I just don't like any player comparisons in general.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo........who's drafting Geno??
I think the jags give Gabbert one more season. I don't think the Browns are in lust with him either. The Bills??? I could possibly see that happening.
Jets?? Maybe.

Or could a team like the Saints/Cowboys draft Smith as a value pick and groom him for a couple years to take over for the incumbent starter??
Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
TBH, I think Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin were so dominant last season it's hard for me in hindsight to look at the numbers Geno Smith put up and question his decision to targets his 2 main WRs ALL the time.

I'm still not sure if it shows a lack of ability to go through his progressions or common sense.
this is what i've been talking to friends about

option 1 was bailey
option 2 was austin

both were all-americans this year; how many times did he really need to go to his 3rd/4th reads? probably not many

our 3rd wr caught 66 passes this year, if that means anything

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT @AdamSchefter: "And @mortreport is reporting the Raiders have interest in drafting WVU QB Geno Smith, a player some see as a top 10 pick."

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year! (Sadness.)

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
RT @AdamSchefter: "And @mortreport is reporting the Raiders have interest in drafting WVU QB Geno Smith, a player some see as a top 10 pick."
Okay, let me say this. As a Raiders fan, I have know since last October that the Raiders were high on Smith. How might you ask? Because the Raiders scouts have been at about half of his games. And how do I know this? It's been reported on a few sites. They even went to see him play against freaking JMU. So Mort can feel good about his research, but it's last year's news.

I feel like this. It's a good move so long as the Raiders can get something for Palmer.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Raiders are the likely team in my eyes. They need a QB for the long term because Palmer isn't the answer. I think the Jags stick it out with Gabbert for 1 more year at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I feel like this. It's a good move so long as the Raiders can get something for Palmer.
Do you mean like a trade or something? Palmer isn't worth anything with that contract. Keep him around as a stop gap until Geno is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^
Chris Mortensen says the Raiders are all about Geno.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing worse than the Chiefs passing on Geno is the Raiders drafting him and watching him become a star.

Nothing will help facilitate the exit of Reid and Dorsey faster than that, so they better be right.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
^
Just an attempt by them to generate interest for the 3rd pick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
^
Contra Costa Times believes it is a smokescreen:
https://twitter.com/CorkOnTheNFL/sta...93388018860033

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Contra Costa Times believes it is a smokescreen:
https://twitter.com/CorkOnTheNFL/sta...93388018860033
Well, know one knows whether it is a screen or not, but it is a fact that the Raiders scouts have been to a ton of WVA games. I personally don't think the Raiders put out the information to begin with. Like I mentioned, I have known about the Raiders scouts attending WVA games since October. It's conceivable that someone in the media is just getting wind of this and also considering the fact that the Raiders were one of the teams that met with Smith and coming to the logical conclusion that the Raiders are interested in Gino with the #3 pick.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Just an attempt by them to generate interest for the 3rd pick
No way. If the Raiders are interested in Smith, that would mean they are unwilling to trade the #3 pick for more picks. If a team trades in front of the Raiders to get Smith, how on earth would that benefit the Raiders?

I don't believe the Raiders let anything leak, but if they did, it would be to pressure Palmer into renegotiating his contract for trade or to take a pay cut and continue with the team for another year.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I think the Raiders are the likely team in my eyes. They need a QB for the long term because Palmer isn't the answer. I think the Jags stick it out with Gabbert for 1 more year at least.

Do you mean like a trade or something? Palmer isn't worth anything with that contract. Keep him around as a stop gap until Geno is ready.
The Raiders are in contract talks with Palmer. They will expect him to restructure or take a pay cut either to stay with the team, trade him or lessen the cap hit if they cut him.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
LOL, okay Mort. So who all of a sudden sees him as a top ten pick?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No one did when they thought the Chiefs might take him, but now that they have Alex Smith he's a top 10 pick in some circles.

Gotta love scout logic sometimes.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No one did when they thought the Chiefs might take him, but now that they have Alex Smith he's a top 10 pick in some circles.

I sit back and laugh at this ridiculous show. I love how they say Ansah is not JPP; however, who the hell was JPP at the time he was drafted? He was the #15 player taken who most people predicted would be a bust. Ansah will probably go in the top ten if not top five in part because of JPPs success. Why can't they just say "I don't know?"
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I sit back and laugh at this ridiculous show. I love how they say Ansah is not JPP; however, who the hell was JPP at the time he was drafted? He was the #15 player taken who most people predicted would be a bust. Ansah will probably go in the top ten if not top five in part because of JPPs success. Why can't they just say "I don't know?"
Because everyone wants to be right. They're not concerned with what they say unless it proves to be right later, then they can point back at it and show how "successful" they are at predicting players and the draft.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Because everyone wants to be right. They're not concerned with what they say unless it proves to be right later, then they can point back at it and show how "successful" they are at predicting players and the draft.
One game: Vernon Gholston

This guy didn't fizzle out because of anything he did wrong, he just couldn't play and they all collectively wanted to believe he could because of how he looked. Was the fact that he was a son of a body builder somehow missed?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think anyone really thinks the Raiders should either.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I don't think anyone really thinks the Raiders should either.
It's not just the Raiders, the Cards and Bills are being mentioned now as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not just the Raiders, the Cards and Bills are being mentioned now as well.
Matt Miller tweeted that Matt Barkley wouldn't make it past the Cards. This was also pushed by major national news people.

It would seem the great reach for a QB is on.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Matt Miller tweeted that Matt Barkley wouldn't make it past the Cards. This was also pushed by major national news people.

It would seem the great reach for a QB is on.
Doesn't surprise me. I believe all this talk that Smith isn't a 1st round QB is 100% bullcrap. They are simply overemphasizing their opinion that this class isn't nearly as good as last years.