Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Cordarrelle Patterson is widely considered to have everything to be the next Julio Jones. But he is not a polished route runner and has trouble catching the ball.
To be fair, that's what everyone said about Julio when he was coming out too.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I'm curious to know what people who have seen both of them think of Stedman Bailey in relation to Tavon.
bailey is underrated by draftniks imo

more productive than blackmon was (realize thats not everything)

runs great routes, great hands/body control, avg speed; will have a long, solid career as a #2; for small size, good blocker and good in the redzone

also good on ST; played on KO team and KR team; he wasnt a good returner, but if you go and watch tavon's long returns, they were all due in part to a key block or 2 by bailey

senior highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i0ZNwUURQ

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Last edited by kwilk103 : 02-27-2013 at 07:58 PM.
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would kind of like for the Jaguars to pick him up at #33 assuming they've taken care of defensive end at #2. The Jaguars offense needs a dynamic, Percy Harvin type of element to it, and Austin could be that guy.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's crazy that if this kid was 3 inches taller he would be a top 10 pick
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
It's crazy that if this kid was 3 inches taller he would be a top 10 pick
This can be said about a lot of prospects.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
This can be said about a lot of prospects.
Russell Wilson.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
bailey is underrated by draftniks imo

more productive than blackmon was (realize thats not everything)

runs great routes, great hands/body control, avg speed; will have a long, solid career as a #2; for small size, good blocker and good in the redzone

also good on ST; played on KO team and KR team; he wasnt a good returner, but if you go and watch tavon's long returns, they were all due in part to a key block or 2 by bailey

senior highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i0ZNwUURQ
Huge Stedman fan. I actually have him ranked just ahead of Tavon and that is not at all a knock on Tavon. I just think as a pro prospect that I prefer Stedman's ability as a true receiver. Like you said he has great hands, great route runner, and is definitely a playmaker in his own right. I haven't felt as strongly about a 2nd round prospect since Greg Jennings who was my favorite receiver in 06. Toss up this year between Stedman and Patton as my favorite but big fan of both.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Huge Stedman fan. I actually have him ranked just ahead of Tavon and that is not at all a knock on Tavon. I just think as a pro prospect that I prefer Stedman's ability as a true receiver. Like you said he has great hands, great route runner, and is definitely a playmaker in his own right. I haven't felt as strongly about a 2nd round prospect since Greg Jennings who was my favorite receiver in 06. Toss up this year between Stedman and Patton as my favorite but big fan of both.
I doubt Bailey will see round 2, he's a round 3-5 type, nothing special but a decent prospect. He cannot touch Austin's bootstaps as a prospect.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same here. I really thought he outplayed Claiborne in 11'. Not sure I'd have him over Austin but he's talented enough to go in the 2nd-though he could easily slip further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I doubt Bailey will see round 2, he's a round 3-5 type, nothing special but a decent prospect. He cannot touch Austin's bootstaps as a prospect.
Austin has the speed and clearly he is a fantastic playmaker but he doesn't have Baileys hands, physicality, or come close to Bailey's route running. That doesnt even begin to factor in Austins size concerns at the next level. He may not have run a blazing 40 but he absolutely is a guy that is quicker than his timed speed.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you watch Bailey running the 40, it's clear that he didn't have the technique. Purely as a receiver, I think he is far more impressive than Tavon Austin.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's Stedman Bailey?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just down see how Tavon Austin is a bust in the NFL - he has that playmaking ability and can line up in multiple different positions on offense.

Bailey is solid as well but I don't see anything special about him. No Offense to poster above me.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta know how to use this guy, but he's got so much talent I wouldn't be upset if the Phins took him at 12.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Austin has the speed and clearly he is a fantastic playmaker but he doesn't have Baileys hands, physicality, or come close to Bailey's route running. That doesnt even begin to factor in Austins size concerns at the next level. He may not have run a blazing 40 but he absolutely is a guy that is quicker than his timed speed.
"Quicker than fast" is a term people throw around a lot, and it's the sort of thing I like to try to statistically verify if I can.

The three-cone drill and 20-yard short shuttle are both drills that were conducted at the combine that test a prospect's agility. It's not foolproof, but players that are "quicker than fast" often score higher relative on these drills than they do on the 40, while people with track speed that doesn't translate to the field might do badly in these drills.

Stedman Bailey ran a 4.52 official 40, tied for the 19th best time at the combine amongst the wide-receivers group. His three-cone was 6.81, good for 8th, and his short-shuttle was 4.09, tied for 10th.

These sorts of results are promising, and what you look for when you are trying to figure out if a player's unremarkable 40 time may have been a false negative. Bailey's speed and agility are not elite by any measurement, but they may not be pedestrian like his 40 time made him out to be. And if you like what you see on his tape, I'd say you probably shouldn't keep yourself from pulling the trigger because of a single combine drill.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Quicker-than-fast" and 3-Cone times make me think of one player...