Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
carsonhoward_99
Rookie

carsonhoward_99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Bengals Dream Draft (Post-Combine)

These are not necessarily my predictions, this is my dream scenario for the Bengals. I understand that the 1st pick is a bit of a stretch and that the rest of the draft is derived from that pick, but there is a slim chance, I believe. What are we without hope?

1st Kenny Vaccaro – S Texas
There’s a nonzero chance Vaccaro falls to Cincy, if he does I’m going to scream at the TV. If he does, he’d be the best player available and arguably the biggest need for the Bengals.

2nd Arthur Brown – LB Kansas St.
With some quality LBs early in this draft, and Brown’s issues lately, I think there’s a good chance he is that at the top of the 2nd round. If so, the Bengals should jump at the opportunity. He doesn’t have the size the Bengals like at LB, but the kid can flat out play. He could play inside or outside, versatility to be envied.

2nd Marcus Lattimore – RB South Carolina
You can’t honestly say that Green-Ellis was meant to be the solution when he came to Cincy, he was a Band-Aid until they found their guy. The Bengals don’t want to spend a 1st rounder on a RB, but they want a guy who could be a franchise player. That’s Lattimore. Guys this talented, this proven, and this character clean don’t fall this far that often. I think if Cincinnati wants him, they have to take him here. Word is, he’ll even be ready for week 1. If not, you just have to give him some time, which shouldn’t be an issue. This pick doesn’t come without concern, but the potential reward is incredibly high for a guy with a string of back luck.

3rd Brian Schwenke – C California
Center is the weak link on the Bengals front. Schwenke is a versatile interior lineman who best fits at center, but can play guard too. Worst-case scenario, he adds depth and competition to a talented Bengals offensive line.

4th Ty Powell – DE Harding
With a good combine, Powell may not last this long. He’s a talented guy, a great athlete, and another versatile player. To play DE in the Bengals 4-3, he’ll need to bulk up a little, but is fully capable of being a difference maker if issues arrive with Michael Johnson this year or Carlos Dunlap next year.

5th Kenjon Barner – RB Oregon
Good quickness and speed would make him a nice complement and scatback in the Bengals backfield. He needs work, but could be what Bernard Scott never was. With Lattimore and Barner, the Bengals could find their backfield of the future in this draft. If nothing else, he adds energy and electricity to an otherwise unexciting group of RBs.

6th Matt Scott – QB Arizona
Nothing wrong with taking a QB late, especially one with Scott’s upside. Scott needs work, but he wouldn’t start (barring injury) for two years minimum. Andy has been good, but I’m not sold he’s a franchise QB. He leaves plays on the field and can be too conservative. Scott has great arm strength and great athleticism. He could develop into a starting QB and would be a nice backup to Andy. Give him some time, and see what happens. Wouldn’t mind Landry Jones, but don’t think he’s here.

6th Bruce Taylor – ILB Virginia Tech
Taylor’s inconsistency and injury history likely make him a late round selection. I think that the Bengals LB corps, other than Burfict is anemic at best. Taylor has good instincts and can shed blockers to get to ball carriers. Jon Bostic of Florida would be a nice ILB to keep an eye on in the 5th.
carsonhoward_99 is offline   Reply With Quote