Join Date: Apr 2007
First Mock of 2013
1. Kansas City Chiefs -- Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M
Reasoning: Franchise caliber OT.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Jarvis Jones, OLB/DE, Georgia
Reasoning: Barring health issues, the best defensive player in the draft.
3. Oakland Raiders -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
Reasoning: Horrid OL gets a franchise OLT.
4. Philadelphia Eagles -- Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
Reasoning: The Eagles poised to move to a 3-4 will need a stud outside rusher.
5. Detroit Lions -- Ezekial Ansah, DE, BYU
Reasoning: Tons of upside and huge hole at DE makes this a dream match. Schwartz raved about Ansah at the Senior Bowl.
6. Cleveland Browns -- Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
Reasoning: Browns need an immediate upgrade at the pass rush. Mingo has 10+ sack potential.
7. Arizona Cardinals -- Geno Smith, QB, WVU
Reasoning: They HAVE to find a franchise QB. Defense is already really good.
8. Buffalo Bills -- Cornellius Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida State
Reasoning: Buffalo is going to play a lot of hybrid schemes this year. Carradine can play with his hand down or standing up at OLB. If not for injury, a possible top 5 pick.
9. New York Jets -- Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
Reasoning: The lack of a NT really hampered the Jets' defense last season. Lotu provides depth at a crucial position and could be starter on opening day.
10. Tennessee Titans -- Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
Reasoning: Derrick Morgan hasn't produced since returning from injury. They need a compliment to Wimbley who he himself isn't all that consistent.
11. San Diego Chargers -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Reasoning: Need help at CB and Milliner's a stud.
12. Miami Dolphins -- WR Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Reasoning: The Dolphins need major help at WR. Patterson is a playmaker.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Reasoning: I see him making a Gilmore-like rise the closer we get to draft day. The Bucs' secondary was horrendous.
14. Carolina Panthers -- Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
Reasoning: Perhaps the worst interior DL in the NFL gets a big time upgrade.
15. New Orleans Saints -- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St.
Reasoning: Saints need anything they can get in terms of defensive help.
16. St. Louis Rams -- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Reasoning: Johnson's rising quickly and the Rams desperately need OL help.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
Reasoning: Defense and especially secondary dropped off horribly. Polamalu was one of the worst coverage safeties last season.
18. Dallas Cowboys -- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Reasoning: Moving to a 4-3, they need interior DL help now.
19. New York Giants -- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Reasoning: Giants usually take BPA and Warmack is the BPA.
20. Chicago Bears -- Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
Reasoning: Most athletic, best upside ILB in the draft.
21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Margus Hunt, DT/DE, SMU
Reasoning: With Michael Johnson a FA, you never know what can happen. Hunt will be able to play any position on the DL and would be nice next to Atkins.
22. St. Louis Rams -- Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
Reasoning: My God! The Rams finally take notice and shore up that horrendous OL.
23. Minnesota Vikings -- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
Reasoning: They absolutely need to start trying to help Ponder more. With Harvin's future in question and coming off an injury, Hunter makes sense.
24. Indianapolis Colts -- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
Reasoning: The Colts are trying to instill some of that Ravens toughness onto their team. Their OL sucks and Fluker can be an elite 15 year RT.
25. Seattle Seahawks -- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Reasoning: Wilson's still a young QB and they love TEs. Their offense is a lot of down field throws. Eifert can help in both the short passing game and deep passing game. Probably the best threat they'll have to go up and get the ball outside of maybe Tate(Rice fell off a lot).
26. Green Bay Packers -- Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
Reasoning: Te'o is made for a 3-4 defense. Doesn't have the athleticism to get sideline to sideline, but is tough and will take on blockers.
27. Houston Texans -- Cornelius Washington, DE/OLB, Georgia
Reasoning: Elite athlete. Showed flashes against Alabama in the Senior Bowl of a potentially magnificent player. Should be a first round pick at this point.
28. Denver Broncos -- Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
Reasoning: Always considered a great football player, but not athletic enough. He proved that to be false at the combine. I think he's going to be a very good NFL player. OH yeah, the Broncos secondary was a big disappointment.
29. New England Patriots -- Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
Reasoning: Yeah, I went there. Swope is a great route runner, good hands, and was elite last year in terms of production. Smart kid and tested way better athletically than anyone thought. He's the type of player NE loves and would surprise many on draft day.
30. Atlanta Falcons -- DaMontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
Reasoning: Elite production, but didn't test out as an elite athlete. Was good enough in the tough, tough SEC and always showed up against elite teams. Falcons need a DE to take over for Abraham and the departed Edwards.
31. San Francisco 49ers -- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi St.
Reasoning: The secondary wasn't great last year. Carlos Rogers fell back a bit and outside of him they are just "okay".
32. Baltimore Ravens -- Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas St.
Reasoning: Need an heir apparent to the great Ray Lewis and Brown has the tools athletically to be that.
Last edited by SRogers92 : 02-28-2013 at 03:37 PM.