Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default So I think it's Colby Cameron, QB, La. Tech

Yeah.

His arm isn't dynamite. I don't know what the reports from the E-W had him as but I know what I see on film. He throws downfield well enough.

Everything else I love. He was awesome in the TAMU epic. It's cliche but he's a proven winner and always the underdog that finds a way (wasn't heavily recruited after winning a state title).

Here's a scouting report from CBS

Quote:
Strengths: Good athlete with quick feet. Good toughness as a runner and takes care of the football. Smart and makes quick decisions, reading and identifying before delivering. NCAA-record 444 pass attempts spanning the 2011-12 seasons before throwing an interception. Quick release with downfield touch on bucket throws. Good zip and velocity on out routes. Veteran presence and unquestioned leader of the offense. Shows clutch ability under pressure. Excellent collegiate production.

Weaknesses: Average physical tools with ordinary size for the position. Release is a little forced and it doesn't seem natural for him at times. A lot of predetermined throws in college, forcing the ball into tight windows. He lacks ideal arm strength for the position and has trouble with some NFL throws. More of a touch and rhythm passer who will struggle when asked to consistently throw vertically.
The bold is what I saw. He looks special at times.

Doesn't that scouting report read like someone you want on your team? Written off because of his size/non-elite tools but wins at every level? Smart and an unquestioned leader? Why was Andy Dalton a 2nd rounder with 1st round talk and this kid is a projected UDFA.

I think he could go higher and might end up a steal.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

TCU was a media darling back then?

I'd take a shot at him in the 6th-7th as a back-up and see if he develops.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Cameron a whole let better than Matt Scott who only had one year as a starter. Cameron was a more productive collegiate QB with more starting experience and had a better 40 time - 4.66 (unofficial) than Scott who had a 4.69.

I would take a chance on him in the 4th or 5th round.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No difference between this guy and Case Keenum
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Keenum had the slowest release ever and no arm strength.

Cameron has a quicker release and better arm strength.

He's also two inches taller, a better athlete, and didn't ruin his stock at the combine like Keenum did.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I actually like Cameron. Most of what I like is between the ears. In interviews he just comes off with having that sort of poise you would like in your QB. He doesn't have a lot of experience. That's my only issue. He would need some time to develop. But I sort of think of him like Kirk Cousins where if they fixed a couple things (namely, improving their arm strength), got into the right situation, and were given a few years to develop, they could be a nice starting option. As is, though, there isn't a whole lot to write home about because he's inconsistent, doesn't have a lot of experience, doesn't have a lot of arm strength, and doesn't have plus-athleticism. But I'm a fan.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super hipster pick for me is Brad Sorenson.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Super hipster pick for me is Brad Sorenson.
Mine is Dysert...I wish he could of worked out at the combine than I wouldn't have had to cut myself.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

He's also two inches taller, a better athlete, and didn't ruin his stock at the combine like Keenum did.

Keenum had one of the quickest releases of all-time. They compared to the likes of Romo and Marino.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I... don't remember those comparisons to say the least. I remember this:

He had to step into every throw kinda like an injured Rivers and his balls still lacked velocity.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Keenum is small and played in the air raid but his release is VERY quick. THat definitely wasnt the reason he didnt get drafted.
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
I disagree with this. I like Cameron right under the first tier of QB's. Decent size, nice arm/accuracy and he is a competitor/not easily rattled. What I was trying to explain to some of our clueless fans at the time after the LA Tech game, they were very underrated. At the time I was calling Quinton Patton a 2nd rounder (Should be 1st round) at worst and Cameron a mid round QB at worst. I also like their OT and a few of their underclass players.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
I disagree with this. I like Cameron right under the first tier of QB's. Decent size, nice arm/accuracy and he is a competitor/not easily rattled. What I was trying to explain to some of our clueless fans at the time after the LA Tech game, they were very underrated. At the time I was calling Quinton Patton a 2nd rounder (Should be 1st round) at worst and Cameron a mid round QB at worst. I also like their OT and a few of their underclass players.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I... don't remember those comparisons to say the least. I remember this:

He had to step into every throw kinda like an injured Rivers and his balls still lacked velocity.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL! Come on, he is better than Keenum. There are flag football QB better than Keenum.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Yeah, I actually like Cameron. Most of what I like is between the ears. In interviews he just comes off with having that sort of poise you would like in your QB. He doesn't have a lot of experience. That's my only issue. He would need some time to develop. But I sort of think of him like Kirk Cousins where if they fixed a couple things (namely, improving their arm strength), got into the right situation, and were given a few years to develop, they could be a nice starting option. As is, though, there isn't a whole lot to write home about because he's inconsistent, doesn't have a lot of experience, doesn't have a lot of arm strength, and doesn't have plus-athleticism. But I'm a fan.
Something tells me the guy can play. La Tech had some real nice talent, too.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
Keenum is small and played in the air raid but his release is VERY quick. THat definitely wasnt the reason he didnt get drafted.
Agreed.

I was never a fan of Keenum, but he had a lightning quick release. It was calculated to be around .2 release time, which again, only the likes of Romo and Marino have consistently done.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Cameron as a mid round QB prospect

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote