Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Half of that's gonna disappear pretty quickly with frontloaded extensions for guys like Geno Smith and AJ Green, I think.

edit: Got the numbers on Miles Austin's restructure and put 'em in.
Even with all that I bet Mike Brown does go a dime over the cap floor.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping to steal Randy Starks from the Dolphins but with so much cap space (where'd it come from??) I guess that's not happening.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still don't know how TB has so much cap room
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Even with all that I bet Mike Brown does go a dime over the cap floor.
I don't get it. The Bengals have been pretty solid lately, they have the cap space to put them over the top. They don't need to go crazy with it, but there is room for improvements on the team that they aren't even trying to take advantage of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@AdamSchefter: Teams with most cap room this am: CINCY $54 million under; CLEV $48 mil; MIAMI $47 mil; INDY $44.5 mil; PHIL $33.5 mi; TB $32.5 mil.

@AdamSchefter: Teams with least room this am: CAR $8 mil over cap; NO $5.5 mil over; WASH $3 mil over; AZ $1.2 mil over; OAK $800k over.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
@AdamSchefter: Teams with most cap room this am: CINCY $54 million under; CLEV $48 mil; MIAMI $47 mil; INDY $44.5 mil; PHIL $33.5 mi; TB $32.5 mil.

@AdamSchefter: Teams with least room this am: CAR $8 mil over cap; NO $5.5 mil over; WASH $3 mil over; AZ $1.2 mil over; OAK $800k over.
Yeah, I saw that. He's wrong.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals cannot sign Green until after the 2013 season, same with Dalton. This year they have to deal with Andre Smith and Micheal Johnson and they are allowed to resign Dunlap and Atkins. They have a lot of good young players rolling into thew all important second contract.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Example of Adam Schefter peddling bad info:

palmer 15335000
huff 11288750
kelly 11099270
branch 10900000
heybey 10601000
mcfadde 9685084
mcclain 6675000
seabass 5100000
brisiel 5060000
veldheer 1546750
ford 1451871
reece 1423000
tollefson 1350000
condo 1308333
wiz 1127837
houston 1078750
pryor 741517
jones 656250
goethel 655787
clayton 630000
bergstrom 606504
moore 602625
ausberry 56647
burris 555146
chekwa 555000
smith 555000
jones 555000
owusu-ansah 555000
crawford 525621
criner 516140
bilikudi 506966
streeter 483333
shuler 480000
olawale 480000
bair 480000
nix 480000
willams 405000
nelms 405000
jones 405000
hse 405000
kurn 405000
slowey 405000
session 405000
harris 405000
foster 405000
king 405000

dead money
seymour 13714000
boss 1500000
van dyke 295688
barksdale 269900
chekwa 222600
stupar 37764

Active contracts 110847222
Dead money 16039952
Cap rollover -4500000

Total 122387174

Salary cap 123900000

123900000-122387174 =

exactly 1,512,826 under the cap...not 800k over like he says.

Sportswriters ain't got **** on me.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't get it. The Bengals have been pretty solid lately, they have the cap space to put them over the top. They don't need to go crazy with it, but there is room for improvements on the team that they aren't even trying to take advantage of.
Mike Brown is pretty pathetic. We'll see just how bad over the next 2 months with Andre Smith, Robert Geathers, and Michael Johnson as key players hitting FA. They also have a decent chunk of other solid contributors hitting FA in Rey Maualuga, Andrew Hawkins, Manny Lawson, Adam Jones and Terence Newman.

My money would be on both DEs and Smith signing elsewhere because he's too cheap to pay them and the team will be worse off because of it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Mike Brown is pretty pathetic. We'll see just how bad over the next 2 months with Andre Smith, Robert Geathers, and Michael Johnson as key players hitting FA. They also have a decent chunk of other solid contributors hitting FA in Rey Maualuga, Andrew Hawkins, Manny Lawson, Adam Jones and Terence Newman.

My money would be on both DEs and Smith signing elsewhere because he's too cheap to pay them and the team will be worse off because of it.
He'll have to spend some of that money. Salary floor time.

In other news, Zona cut Stewart Bradley & William *** and Greg Olsen restructured to save Carolina 2.4M in cap.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently a big chunk of that Cincy space will be going to Michael Johnson very soon. Franchise for over 11 Mil....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...ichael-johnson

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Went ahead and put in tags for Mike Johnson, Jairus Byrd, and Ryan Clady.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should be pretty manageable once we take care of Doug Free and once we re-work/extend Romo we are actually going to be in a good spot this year. Not enough to sign a top tier FA but some solid guys at positions of need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Went ahead and put in tags for Mike Johnson, Jairus Byrd, and Ryan Clady.
Up next for Bills - Levitre......I hope.

Very affordable tag on Safety position btw.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Colts went and tagged their puntard.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams expected to have around 20 mill of cap space by the time FA starts. Could have more if they want to restructure Long and Finnegin, but don't want to push money into the future. 20 mill should be plenty to sign 1-2 FA's and resign a couple of their own not named SJax and Amendola.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Cowboys shocked everyone by tagging Anthony Spencer...and they go right back over the cap.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Maybe they just needed more time to negotiate. They'll probably give him a nice bonus and backload his contract some to get under the cap.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts should go after Levitre/Andre Smith/every other line position besides left tackle.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll have to spend some of that money. Salary floor time.

In other news, Zona cut Stewart Bradley & William *** and Greg Olsen restructured to save Carolina 2.4M in cap.
Yeah, but he will still be way under Look at Buffalo, even with the Williams signibg last year, they were still millions under the cap. Most small market teams, simply lack the revenue to compete on an even playing field. They are consistently always way under the cap.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Yeah, but he will still be way under Look at Buffalo, even with the Williams signibg last year, they were still millions under the cap. Most small market teams, simply lack the revenue to compete on an even playing field. They are consistently always way under the cap.
They can't stay that way. The salary flor comes into effect this year.

They don't lack the revenue. Revenue sharing makes it so that everyone can still be super profitable spending at the cap. The only thing big market teams have over small market teams is sales of team-branded junk.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams are very reluctant today to use the franchise tag. With the new rookie salary cap, it is much better to bring in rookies, pay them peanuts. The franchise tag salaries are simply out of whack having been forced up when rookies used to receive enormous salaries, they are no longer in line with today's salary structure.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They can't stay that way. The salary flor comes into effect this year.

They don't lack the revenue. Revenue sharing makes it so that everyone can still be super profitable spending at the cap. The only thing big market teams have over small market teams is sales of team-branded junk.
That is what the NFL would like everyone to believe, however, revenue sharing is only part of a team's overall revenue, it helps somewhat but doesn't really make teams revenue equal. Big city teams often have twice the overall revenue of small market teams which is why teams like Cincy and Buffalo among others are consistently way under the cap. Their owners get blamed for being cheap but often there is more to it than that.
Sometimes a new stadium will help as in Arizona's case but for the most part only a great management team can overcome the revenue differences.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Teams are very reluctant today to use the franchise tag. With the new rookie salary cap, it is much better to bring in rookies, pay them peanuts. The franchise tag salaries are simply out of whack having been forced up when rookies used to receive enormous salaries, they are no longer in line with today's salary structure.
I just looked at the salaries used to come up with the franchise tag numbers. The players on those lists from old rookie contracts would get top five contracts at their position if they were made free agents right now, with the exception of Darius Heyward-Bey and Tyson Jackson...both are going to be cut this offseason and will stop being in those calculations, anyway.

The franchise tag numbers are where they are because of free agent contracts that have been signed by the best players at their positions...not because of old, outsized rookie contracts.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Colts should go after Levitre/Andre Smith/every other line position besides left tackle.
I don't understand your sudden interest in the Colts OL but I pretty much agree with you. It's already come out that they're targeting Louis Vasquez, who I think would be a great signing. I think we can get away with leaving AQ Shipley (anyone remember him?) at center, but we'll need another guard and a RT. Donald Thomas from the Pats is another guard name I've heard floated around.

Both our GM and our owner have stated publicly that the line was bad last year and that Luck needs better protection.

i done stole dis sig