Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Smart move by them.
Getting him locked up long term with the bazillions they have in cap space would be smarter, but it's a start.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to kick off the tires on Stewart Bradley. I was a huge Bradley fan before his ACL injury.

Cards fans, can you shed any light on him?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills franchise Jairus Byrd
Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I already made your post for you, bro. No reason to quote and rehash the predictable response I already took care of.
So he was just good because he was signed to a big contract then? I see. Your original response was a horrible argument so sorry if I didn't pay it any attention. You want people to think Dunta Robinson is good because he's not Revis or Sherman, which doesn't even begin to make sense.

Is he good enough that he'll sign with another team? Sure he is. If that to you means he is a good CB you might want to re-evaluate things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Getting him locked up long term with the bazillions they have in cap space would be smarter, but it's a start.
He is gonna cost 11+ per year.
Not worth risking him hitting the open market and letting a team with money and the need get a crack at him either.
Tag him and keep working on a deal.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So he was just good because he was signed to a big contract then?
When did I say that? All I said is that he'll get interest from teams. If you'd like to make a wager on that, let me know.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
He is gonna cost 11+ per year.
Not worth risking him hitting the open market and letting a team with money and the need get a crack at him either.
Tag him and keep working on a deal.
Very true.

I'm not sure he's right for the 2gap system in NE, but damned if I didn't want to see him and Chandler Jones on opposite ends of the line.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When did I say that? All I said is that he'll get interest from teams. If you'd like to make a wager on that, let me know.
I said the same thing too. Matt Cassel is getting interest from teams too, as would Brady Quinn, Doug Free, Alan Ball, do I need to keep going? Since when does getting interest from teams make you a good player? Your original comment made absolutely no sense because Dunta Robinson does indeed suck. He can't cover anybody. The fact that he's going to go to another team doesn't change any of that.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Very true.

I'm not sure he's right for the 2gap system in NE, but damned if I didn't want to see him and Chandler Jones on opposite ends of the line.
Even though I question his ability to even reproduce or top 11 sacks (even then he would disappear for long stretched and without Geno he was meh at best) he will still cost more than Andre Smith so we will likely take our chances bidding in free agency for a RT than a DE.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-01-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Smart move by them.
Chiefs acquired a 9er QB and Bengals made a smart move.
What decade is this?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said the same thing too. Matt Cassel is getting interest from teams too, as would Brady Quinn, Doug Free, Alan Ball, do I need to keep going? Since when does getting interest from teams make you a good player? Your original comment made absolutely no sense because Dunta Robinson does indeed suck. He can't cover anybody. The fact that he's going to go to another team doesn't change any of that.
Saying that a player "sucks" is for people who need simple explanations. I prefer to take a grown up view of football. It's the NFL. The best players in the world. Some players will be better others. The NFL is a league that favors the passing game. Playing CB is probably the second hardest job in football. If teams only signed CBs who weren't labeled as "sucking" there'd be a bunch of teams that didn't have enough CBs to field a competitive defense.

Last edited by Halsey : 03-01-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
'twas a given. Hoping something long term can get worked out in the near future, because he is awesome and all that.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Saying that a player "sucks" is for people who need simple explanations. I prefer to take a grown up view of football. It's the NFL. The best players on the world. Some players will be better others. The NFL is a league that favors the passing game. Playing CB is probably the second hardest job in football. If teams only signed CBs who weren't labeled as "sucking" there'd be a bunch of teams that didn't have enough CBs to field a competitive defense.

You should just stop because you only make it worse. So because playing CB is hard that means they are all good? Did you see me running around saying Alan Ball is good because he got another job? Me saying he sucks isn't the same thing as saying he isn't good enough to find work, but what other term would you like for me to use when a CB cannot cover the WR he is facing?

So are we going to use kiddie gloves when talking about NFL players now and because it's hard, anybody that is able to find work is a good player? Just let it go man. Dunta Robinson is terrible. He is good against the run, he hits hard, and I'm sure people still think he's good from a few years ago. But there really isn't any other way to describe his play the last few years.

The fact that I need to explain that to you is sad in itself.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He do not have the competence to stay with any WR he's facing is just another way to say he sucks.

I'm with LL.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat McAfee is off the board, folks. The franchise tag was used because the franchise could not survive without its franchise puntard.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
You should just stop because you only make it worse.
Stop reading right there? Done.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop reading right there? Done.
Is this kind of semantic trolling the "grown up" perspective you championed yourself for taking a few posts ago?
Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I thought people only kicked the tires on new vehicles not old clunkers.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I thought people only kicked the tires on new vehicles not old clunkers.
The Jets budget limits them to Yugos.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I want to kick off the tires on Stewart Bradley. I was a huge Bradley fan before his ACL injury.

Cards fans, can you shed any light on him?
he was 3rd string behind Paris Lennon & Reggie Walker never saw the field

should only play in a 4-3 imo

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Official franchise tag costs are up:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...se-tag-numbers
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco is signed

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Is this kind of semantic trolling
No trolling. Sometimes it's better to just walk away from a dumb argument. All I said is that Robinson will get interest from NFL teams, and I'm right. No point in arguing in circles about it.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
'twas a given. Hoping something long term can get worked out in the near future, because he is awesome and all that.
Still can't believe we haven't offered Levitre a contract.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nakamura restructured, meaning he's still on our team next year.

There is no God.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote