Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The whole BPA thing sounds good, but what does it really mean? When the Falcons drafted Matt Ryan many people said they should have taken Glen Dorsey or Darren McFadden because they were better players. Many people think Chance Warmack is the BPA of the 2013 Draft. Should the Chiefs take him #1? The whole BPA concept is oversimplified and not realistic.
agreed, the whole concept BPA is a myth

Every pick is a judgement of value (so BPAishness), need, fit and possibly some external risk factors (character issues, injury history etc). And all these things need to be judged with every pick. Should the Colts draft Geno Smith if he happens to fall and he is the top prospect available. Hell no. Should my saints draft a running back in the first round if that guy is on top of their board. Hell no. But at the same time you should not restrict yourself to a single position (except maybe QB).

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. I think teams lose their mind over certain prospects and literally go BPA if that certain person falls.

Last year, for instance, we went Gilmore in top 10. I think we did what some of you are referring to with the fact that he was valued high on our board to begin with, but at the same time he had that value because of our need at CB.

But for the year we took Spiller @ 8 - we definitely just went BPA regardless of need. We had BeastMode and FJax and had no need for Spiller as our 1st rnd pick but we did it anyways because he fell to us.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
So if you got a guy rated highly at CB, you have a need at CB and you feel he is the best CB but as overall prospect you feel there is a couple ?'s and it could go a wrong way...

And there is an MLB that you are confident will be multiple pro bowler in his career and no ?'s as far as you are concerned but you already have a solid MLB on your team in year 2 of his 5 year contract...

You are going CB still?
Yes, if the MLB is the #1 player on my board and the CB is within the top 3-5 players on my board. But my point is, the odds of that MLB being higher than the highly rated CB on that team's board is unlikely....unless it's a case of the LB really falling. Or unless that MLB can fill a need at one of the other LB spots.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote