Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Linval Joseph isn't a FA.
Oh, ok. Good! Don't know how I thought he was a FA.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Oh, ok. Good! Don't know how I thought he was a FA.
Joseph is a free agent after the 2013 season. He is one of the players we could extend if we have some spare cash, but I would expect we will wait until after the season to look at his deal.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart Bradley got cut by the Cardinals. I know he's been injured lately, but before his ACL I was a huge Bradley fan. I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a cheap veteran option and see what he has left in the tank.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
cruz unlikely to get new deal
hutch33 : 1:20 pm
seen it on nfl network bottom line . per a giants beat writer.
Posted on BBI. That wouldn't be good if we can't re-sign him. Things must have stayed status quo, and thus looks like the gap is too large to get Cruz to get that contract low.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That makes me nervous. I have a bad feeling we lose Cruz.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That makes me nervous. I have a bad feeling we lose Cruz.
Yeah well that's why I mentioned to you that no re-signings is in the bag. We have to see how this plays out. The slot WR position in our system helps us out, or gives me confidence. If the player can master it he will be productive like Smith and Cruz were. They may not be a Cruz who is a playmaker but they can be a guy like Smith was.

The question is if JJ is ready to step in? If not, we have to now find a slot WR for the future. TE rumors were Pope has a guy in mind for 3 and 4th round. So I am curious to find out who. That was Gil brandt.

Nicks better stay healthy now or we can still pay Cruz and let Nicks walk. Pressure is on Nicks this season. It will be an interesting off season which I have said.

DT it seems will be older patch work guys. I wonder if we draft a DT. I am not sure Cruz will re-sign though.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo: A free agency note: NYG QB David Carr expected to hit the free agent market. TB + Mike Sullivan were interested last year, should be again.
Carr will be a FA and hit the market.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking Cruz will be a goner for almost a month now. Been trying to prepare myself for it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That's a huge blow. The slot is the most important position in our offense. Eli needs a good slot WR or else this offense goes to ****.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

JJ HAS to step up. If not, we screwed ourselves with stashing Douglas on the PS. However, he got signed off it. So pressure is on 2 WRs this year. Nicks needs to be productive AND stay healthy. JJ needs to show he is useful and now be another beckum or Barden.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

JJ isn't going to step up. He's not good.

And enough with Douglas. What has Douglas done? He hasn't done a thing. That wasn't a loss. He's as big of a loss as Jonas Seawright was.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JJ isn't going to step up. He's not good.

And enough with Douglas. What has Douglas done? He hasn't done a thing. That wasn't a loss. He's as big of a loss as Jonas Seawright was.
I swear on Norman Hand's grave that if I hear you talk badly one more time about our beloved Jonas Seawright, I will smite you myself.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cruz does leave, we will at least get a 1st round pick as compensation, most likley a late pick from the 49ers or Pats.

I undertsand people like Cruz, but it shouldn't be all doom and gloom. The same kind of things were said when we lost Steve Smith.

It could also open up options, for example does it mean we can afford to keep Bennett? Could we draft somone like Tavon Austin? Maybe Jernigan gets his shot to show what he can do.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better at least put a 1st round tender on him, hopefully that scares some teams off and we find a way to keep him. I would be so upset to see him go, I love Cruz. I know it's a business and guys are replaceable and all that bs, but Im still a fan and I would hate to see him go after just 2 seasons.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That's the thing that sucks though. We don't benefit in any way. We have to find his replacement somehow if he's gone.

I trust Eli to do what Eli do, he's always come through for us, but it still sucks. We have potential to be a dynamic, top 3 offense in the league if we can just keep our guys together.

We lose that if we lose Cruz.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would definitely hurt the team. Danny Amendola would get a hard look from us to replace him but he's always hurt also. I'm still hopeful they work something out but I think odds are less than 50% right now. 2 1st rounders could also help us get younger and revamp though. If we didn't have a turd for a D-Coord. I'd be more excited about placing younger guys into the D.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd sign Cruz and let Nicks walk. Nicks is never healthy. Knock on wood, but Cruz has never missed time in his 2 years playing. Sure he was put on IR his first year, but I think that was so we could stash him away. Slot WRs are going to get hurt because they take a beating in the middle. But Cruz has shown he can take that beating and get right back on the field. He has that knack for rarely ever taking a direct shot.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If we lose Cruz I see us going after a guy like Julian Edelman. It's a very Jerry Reese thing to do. Cheap system guy who is plug and chug.

But what makes our offense so dangerous is the fact that we have 2 WRs who need to get doubled, and most teams can only double 1 of them. So you can't stop our offense bc we'll just feed the guy who isn't doubled.

We lose that when we lose Cruz.

And the thing that excited me the most was when you do double both those guys, our #3 WR is in a very favorable matchup, and I expected Randle to really expose that matchup this coming year.

Oh and Wilson out of the backfield.

We were gonna **** on teams this year offensively if everyone is healthy. We have a dynamic offense. But it takes a HUGE hit with Cruz gone.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'd sign Cruz and let Nicks walk. Nicks is never healthy. Knock on wood, but Cruz has never missed time in his 2 years playing. Sure he was put on IR his first year, but I think that was so we could stash him away. Slot WRs are going to get hurt because they take a beating in the middle. But Cruz has shown he can take that beating and get right back on the field. He has that knack for rarely ever taking a direct shot.
I also agree with this. I actually rather lose Nicks than Cruz bc of Nicks' health concerns.

In a perfect world I want to keep both but that doesn't seem like the case.

A name I didn't think about is Miles Austin. If Dallas cuts him, we should give him a look.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nicks is way more important as we saw. Cruz is easier to replace. The slot guy in our system can always put up numbers if they find the right player. I don't want this to look like I'm bashing Cruz because I absolutely love him but I think he's easier to replace. Also Nicks might take less money because of the injury concerns.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

But what good is a player if he's always hurt? NYG always brings it up and it's a fair point. When healthy Nicks is a beast.

But what if we lose Cruz and keep Nicks and then Nicks is always hurt? It's like you lost both of them.

It's a huge risk.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also agree with this. I actually rather lose Nicks than Cruz bc of Nicks' health concerns.

In a perfect world I want to keep both but that doesn't seem like the case.

A name I didn't think about is Miles Austin. If Dallas cuts him, we should give him a look.
Not if staying healthy is what your looking for from a WR. He may have some chronic hammy problems, if not he's a nice versatile #2 WR that is capable of 65/900/7 if he stays healthy. I'd also be surprised if Nicks got away, I think you guys are worried about him too soon. He's probably going to get tagged twice before that day comes. But I say that not knowing how Randle develops, but if Nicks stays healthy during a contract year he's gonna kill it and you guys have to trade him vs just letting him walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
But what good is a player if he's always hurt? NYG always brings it up and it's a fair point. When healthy Nicks is a beast.

But what if we lose Cruz and keep Nicks and then Nicks is always hurt? It's like you lost both of them.

It's a huge risk.
Its a very good point. I really never thought it would come down to losing one of them. We need to extend Eli so we can free up a ton of cap space to keep them both. It's not like Eli is going anywhere anyway. His cap hits are way too big right now and it's a little detrimental to the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Nicks is way more important as we saw. Cruz is easier to replace. The slot guy in our system can always put up numbers if they find the right player. I don't want this to look like I'm bashing Cruz because I absolutely love him but I think he's easier to replace. Also Nicks might take less money because of the injury concerns.
Totally disagree. We saw how important what Nicks does is, but I think it's easier to find a player like that than it is to find someone like Cruz. Plus in my opinion Cruz can play either position if needed.
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Not if staying healthy is what your looking for from a WR. He may have some chronic hammy problems, if not he's a nice versatile #2 WR that is capable of 65/900/7 if he stays healthy. I'd also be surprised if Nicks got away, I think you guys are worried about him too soon. He's probably going to get tagged twice before that day comes. But I say that not knowing how Randle develops, but if Nicks stays healthy during a contract year he's gonna kill it and you guys have to trade him vs just letting him walk.
I'm just thinking of alternatives in case we lose either Cruz, Nicks, or both. We have to find some way to mitigate our risk in this situation.

The only backup plan we have right now is Randle being Nicks replacement and Jernigan replacing Cruz hypothetically. I feel a lot more confident in Randle replacing Nicks vs Jernigan replacing Cruz.