Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-01-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to some research, the Titans met with Kyle Long, Kenny Vaccaro, Brian Winters, Will Davis, Brian Schwenke, Luke Joeckel, Manti Te'o at the combine.

Anyone have anybody else?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nevermind.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-01-2013 at 01:52 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure why they wasted their time interviewing Joeckel and Vaccaro.

Also really bummed that Michael Johnson got tagged by the Bengals. Would have been nice to see him be a Titan.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Vaccaro is a darkhorse selection.

Really hoping we don't end up with Te'o
Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft Vaccaro, I'll protest this season. That's how badly I personally don't want him.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
If we draft Vaccaro, I'll protest this season. That's how badly I personally don't want him.
I'm with you here. Wasn't a fan of the selection before, and now that he ran a 4.63 I'm even less convinced. If we really want a saftey, I'd rather just take someone like Cyprien in the 2nd. I think Wilson was a nice signing thought, so I wouldn't be surprised if we wait on a saftey until next year and fill other holes this year.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I'd love Cyprien, DJ Swearing or Shamarko Thomas.

I just hope we don't draft Vaccaro, hoping we have gotten passed our thing for taking Texas guys
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bored, so here's some mocks with the main question being "Where do we value OG?". And did we trade this year's 6th or 7th for Solomon? I hope that dude can up his game and turn into decent depth. I added the guesses for comp picks too, 3, 5, and 7.

1) OG Chance Warmack
2) DE Alex Okafor
3) CB Tyrann Mathieu
3) RB Montee Ball
4) DT Jordan Hill
5) WR Chris Harper
5) S Earl Wolff
6) C PJ Lonergan
7) DE Quanterus Smith

1) DE Ziggy Ansah
2) DT Kawaan Short
3) WR Da'Rick Rogers
3) OG Brian Winters
4) S TJ McDonald
5) CB Tharold Simon
5) C Braxton Cave
6) RB Zac Stacey
7) DE Joe Kruger

1) DT Star Lotulelei
2) OG Larry Warford
3) DE John Simon
3) S Bacarri Rambo
4) RB LeVeon Bell
5) WR Chris Harper
5) OG Hugh Thornton
6) CB Steve Williams
7) DE Eric Martin
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I probably like that 2nd scenario the best.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I'm bored, so here's some mocks with the main question being "Where do we value OG?". And did we trade this year's 6th or 7th for Solomon? I hope that dude can up his game and turn into decent depth. I added the guesses for comp picks too, 3, 5, and 7.

1) OG Chance Warmack
2) DE Alex Okafor
3) CB Tyrann Mathieu
3) RB Montee Ball
4) DT Jordan Hill
5) WR Chris Harper
5) S Earl Wolff
6) C PJ Lonergan
7) DE Quanterus Smith

1) DE Ziggy Ansah
2) DT Kawaan Short
3) WR Da'Rick Rogers
3) OG Brian Winters
4) S TJ McDonald
5) CB Tharold Simon
5) C Braxton Cave
6) RB Zac Stacey
7) DE Joe Kruger

1) DT Star Lotulelei
2) OG Larry Warford
3) DE John Simon
3) S Bacarri Rambo
4) RB LeVeon Bell
5) WR Chris Harper
5) OG Hugh Thornton
6) CB Steve Williams
7) DE Eric Martin
I would take scenario 3, but I'd switch out Star for Ziggy. And then replace Simon in the 3rd for Sylvester Williams.

I think Chris Harper in the 5th might be wishful thinking, but either way he's one of my favorite.

Ultimately, I see us selecting a Guard somewhere from 2-4
Old 03-02-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

The second scenario would be the sex. The only issue I have with it is that I don't like McDonald. The first 4 picks would be incredible.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I probably like that 2nd scenario the best.
Me too, but I think I'd like Quanterus Smith at DE in the 7th just to try to go hard for pass rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I would take scenario 3, but I'd switch out Star for Ziggy. And then replace Simon in the 3rd for Sylvester Williams.

I think Chris Harper in the 5th might be wishful thinking, but either way he's one of my favorite.

Ultimately, I see us selecting a Guard somewhere from 2-4
Yeah I want Ziggy over Star, that was just a scenario where he wasn't there. Harper may be a dream, just as Kawaan Short in the 2nd may be. I'd hope to go OG in 2nd or later and go DL in the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
The second scenario would be the sex. The only issue I have with it is that I don't like McDonald. The first 4 picks would be incredible.
I'm not all that impressed with any mid to late round S, but I haven't watched much of them yet. Got any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think McDonald could greatly benefit from a move to SS as he played FS in college which, I didn't think really fit his skill set.

If you're looking for a guy who's projected as a 4th rounder right now at SS, Shamarko Thomas is the man. He's smaller at 5'9" 205 but he has the mentality of a linebacker, and is pretty smart, likes to come up and play in the box and blitz. He also did some directing other players in college and looked like he may have been the one to say the plays. He may not be there in the 4th anymore, after running a 4.42, with 28 bench reps, 40.5 inch vertical, and 133 broad jump. Right now, he's right there borderline as an early-mid 4th rounder

I hate using comparisons because I think they imply the player is going to be that player. That's not what I intend to do, I just like to give a comparison on who a certain college reminds me of with his style of play. To me, when I watch Shamarko Thomas I think of Bob Sanders.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Or if you want to take a shot on a guy with limited film but huge upside, I'd take a long hard look at Ray Ray Armstrong. 6'3" 227 SS formerly of Miami.

The guy would have likely been drafted in the top 2 rounds if he had came out last season, but he stuck around and ended up being suspended.

I think he's a pretty solid guy though, he ended up still graduating from Miami when a lot of guys probably wouldn't have.

The biggest test will come when he runs his 40 at his pro day.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

To be honest I don't think we even have to get a safety this year. If there is someone there in the middle rounds that has good value or that we like, then sure it would be a solid pickup for the future. But this year Griffin and Wilson will start and there's a decent chance that happens next year as well. If we don't like the guys there we might as well take guys at other positions of need and find a safety next year.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Shamarko is intriguing. Other than height, his measurables look really good. I only saw a little highlight real of him, but I liked what I saw (duh, it's highlights). Looks like he was used in many positions and was strong in the box. Good blitzing too. Bad stats for defended passes and int's for his career, but maybe he wasn't given much opportunity there? NFLDraftScout says 2-3 rounder. I'll be watching his progress.

Ray Ray is going to be hard to judge. I guess maybe he's worth a late round pick if his measurables are solid?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm not a Ray Ray fan at all, but I've been a fan of Shamarko for a while. Would love to grab him in the third since taking Elam with our second seems like a longshot at this point.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I agree pierce, S is far from a need. In fact, other than interior line I don't think we have a major need. If we like Martin enough, it wouldn't surprise me not to take a safety the whole draft.

Armstrong is an intriguing prospect, personally he reminds me of Kam Chancellor, in which, I think with him you get a similar player with similar positives and weaknesses. I wouldn't have a problem risking a 5-7th in a player like him.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

1) OG Chance Warmack
2) DE Alex Okafor
3) CB Tyrann Mathieu
3) RB Montee Ball
4) DT Jordan Hill
5) WR Chris Harper
5) S Earl Wolff
6) C PJ Lonergan
7) DE Quanterus Smith

1) DE Ziggy Ansah
2) DT Kawaan Short
3) WR Da'Rick Rogers
3) OG Brian Winters
4) S TJ McDonald
5) CB Tharold Simon
5) C Braxton Cave
6) RB Zac Stacey
7) DE Joe Kruger

1) DT Star Lotulelei
2) OG Larry Warford
3) DE John Simon
3) S Bacarri Rambo
4) RB LeVeon Bell
5) WR Chris Harper
5) OG Hugh Thornton
6) CB Steve Williams
7) DE Eric Martin
1) OG Chance Warmack
2) OG Larry Warford
3) C/OG/OT Barrett Jones

FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

No offense intended to the guys running the Titans in the forum mock, I just found it very funny that y'all were trying to trade players that I didn't even know were on the roster.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No offense intended to the guys running the Titans in the forum mock, I just found it very funny that y'all were trying to trade players that I didn't even know were on the roster.
I didn't know they were on the roster, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Trying to scam someone, LOL
Old 03-03-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

But in all seriousness.... who is Daniel Baldridge, and why?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

He's just some LT we signed from JAX when our OL was dropping like flies. Thought maybe someone remembered him from college and would trade a 6th or 7th lol
Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Anyone else like Jordan Hill? Dude is a scraper inside. Kinda seems like a titans mid round pick like Casey or Martin. More of a one gap type, but has played on the nose. His lateral movement is really good and he seems to win many 1v1's. He did well at the Sr Bowl. If we wait till the 3rd or 4th to get a DT, this is one guy I like.