Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-02-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOnMyChest View Post
http://youtu.be/kYVkEOzZkEM

Find me a snap in that game where Warmack dominates a LSU Dlineman in the run game...you won't. He is remarkable in pass protection throughout the game and he gets to the second level very quickly. He uses levarge to wash lineman out of gaps, sometimes he misses on down blocks and has to cut Dlineman. Hes an effective run blocker but hes not a road grader by any means. He can post Dlineman and give the RB a lane but I haven't seen Warmack whip a Dlineman out of a gap like I've seen Cooper do. People are comparing him to Steve Hutchinson but I think a more realistic comparison would be Ben Grubbs.

If you want to talk football I'm down but save the condescending stuff. Warmack had a good season and then Mayock boosted his stock even further. People are making assumptions about this kid
Thank you for posting this video, it's actually made me appreciate Warmack even more. He does an outstanding job in this game.

I'd like to challenge you with a counter: Find me instances in this LSU game where the man Warmack is assigned to is primarily responsible for ending a play. By tackle, pass deflection, forcing the ballcarrier out of bounds, anything.

I only found a single pass deflection.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You could do that for a bunch of positions. That's like saying put Dee Milliner in a terrible secondary and it's still terrible after. You need pieces around any player, why do you think so many people are giving Suh excuses in Detroit? He isn't turning that line into the best line in the NFL on his own and he's been in the league a few years now. There is a reason people say Warmack is the best player in the entire draft, and Warford is a 2nd round pick.

It's just like saying how much more of an impact does Iupati have in comparison to Nate Livings. There is a huge difference between an elite interior lineman and a solid one. You can't put 1 elite guard and surround him by crap on the rest of the line and think he'll change it by himself.
I disagree. If Millner can have a Revis or Sherman like impact, that totally changes what you can do on defense. An elite CB allows you to have more freedom with your safeties and improves what you can do with your #2 CB.

Again, there is a reason guards fall every year and almost never go top 15. It's because they aren't worth it in terms of impact. I'm just following history and facts, it's not like I'm way out of bounds here.

Teams just don't value guards as much as other positions. I understand and agree that both Warmack and Cooper are great prospects. I think they're better guards than Floyd/Richardson are at DT -- but I'd still take Floyd or Richardson before either of the guards because of their position.

People are saying these are 2 of the best OG prospects ever (at least in this thread) but Millner, Joeckel, Fisher, Floyd, Richardson, Jordan, Ansah etc have not been mentioned anywhere near "best ever" status, but they will still go ahead of these guys because their position is more valuable.

I'm really just emphasizing the history of the league in an effort to discredit that any of these guys will go top 10/15

Simply put -- would it shock anyone if Patterson went before Warmack/Cooper? I doubt it. Even though Cordarelle has a high bust factor and is no where near the prospect Cooper/Warmack are, he plays a premium position. He's worth more because of that. That's how it works.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
SOnMyChest
Rookie

SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Thank you for posting this video, it's actually made me appreciate Warmack even more. He does an outstanding job in this game.

I'd like to challenge you with a counter: Find me instances in this LSU game where the man Warmack is assigned to is primarily responsible for ending a play. By tackle, pass deflection, forcing the ballcarrier out of bounds, anything.

I only found a single pass deflection.
Good point the only plays I would not grade him positively are:

1:15
3:40
4:13
6:40-the back had to bounce out of the gap Warmack was responsible for
7:08

Warmack is a good player. He handles Sam Montgomery in pass protection every snap he had to. He gets up to the second level extremely fast and he is an effective run blocker. I'm saying he's not a road grader or "steam roller"- thats just false and an assumption people assign to Warmack because of his stock right now. Like I said I think he's Ben Grubbs, which is a pro bowl caliber player, I just need the Steve Hutchinson-Will Shields comparisons to stop.
SOnMyChest is offline   Reply With Quote