Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't one of our posters saying he was gonna drop and they don't see what everyone else sees?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Wasn't one of our posters saying he was gonna drop and they don't see what everyone else sees?
bornandraisedwhodat never liked him

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With these combine's results I'm not sure who I want with our first pick, I may agree with some posters and hope for a trade down.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want to trade our first rounder in like 4 third rounders. great talent can be gotten this year in the mid rounds

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A name to look out for in the DB workouts: Shamarko Thomas, safety, from Syracuse.

The dude is going to put up RIDICULOUS workout numbers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
A name to look out for in the DB workouts: Shamarko Thomas, safety, from Syracuse.

The dude is going to put up RIDICULOUS workout numbers.
you are correct

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
i want to trade our first rounder in like 4 third rounders. great talent can be gotten this year in the mid rounds
I love the overal depht this year, there are so much talented 2nd-3rd rounder that having multiple picks there is a pipe dream.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
I love the overal depht this year, there are so much talented 2nd-3rd rounder that having multiple picks there is a pipe dream.
I agree, unfortunately, this has to be one season that we don't have a second round selection. The Saints could have really used a second rounder in this year's Draft.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
I agree, unfortunately, this has to be one season that we don't have a second round selection. The Saints could have really used a second rounder in this year's Draft.
Thanks to Goodell the Benevolent for that one. It was for our own good. He's jut like a parent looking for one of his kids. Sometimes they have to make decisions on punishment that hurts them as much as who they're punishing.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This is going to be my final mock for a while. It's also my favorite. It's slightly optimistic but aren't most?

Round 1: OT Lane Johnson
Round 3: CB Robert Alford
Round 4: DE/OLB Cornelius Washington
Round 5: S Shamarko Thomas
Round 6: NT T.J. Barnes

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-28-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dream Draft as of now:

1. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
3. Oday Obushi OT Virginia
4. TJ McDonald S USC
5. Nico Johnson MLB Alabama
6. Corey Fuller WR Virginia Tech
Old 02-28-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

for me:
1 Jarvis Jones (assuming he checks out healthwise)
3 Brandon Williams
4 Kiki Alonso
5 Will Davis
6 Marquess Wilson ( i think Brees can get him into line and damn that kid is talented)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Jones has reportedly been moved down or off some teams boards after they checked out his spine. He has narrowing- stenosis of his spine at C4-5. Obviously it didn't keep him from competing at the highest college lvl but USC passed on it and those guys have no problem using people to win. I think there is increased risk but may be worth it especially if we could slide down a bit and still get him. I have to think its pretty significant narrowing though to have raised as much concern so his career may not be long but he will play for someone.
aregand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like there isn't a chance Dion Jordan won't make it to #15. :( And, I doubt Ziggy Ansah (whom I was actually just starting to warm up on) does either. That leaves Mingo as a possibility.

So, my realistic pick for 15 is looking like (in order)

1. Mingo
2. Jarvis Jones (granted he checks out medically)
3. Werner
4. Star (just like Jones, if he checks out medically)
5. Lane Johnson
6. Tavon Austin
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aren't Star and Bjorn 43 guys?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Aren't Star and Bjorn 43 guys?
Not at all; they can both fit into the 3-4 quite well. Bjorn reminds me of Ryan Kerrigan if he were in a 3-4 scheme and Star is very scheme diverse.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I actually love the thought of Bjoern Werner as a SOLB in a 3-4. Now that Jordan, Mingo, and Ansah are pretty much guaranteed to be taken ahead of us I'm thinking Werner could be #1 on our list. I, for one, wanted h when we were still running a 4-3. I've seen him fall to the the area around the Saints pick in several mocks and I hope the team pounces on him if that happens IRL

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-01-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I still prefer Mingo over Werner honestly, but if all the pass rushing OLBs are off the board and we are "left" with Werner then hell yeah - I'm all for it. And, honestly, if all the pass rushing OLBs are off the board (including Werner) and Lane Johnson, I'm starting a Tavon Austin at #15 campaign.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I differ with you there. If ALL the pass rushers are off the board AND all the offensive tackles then I'm starting a Desmond Trufant at #15 campaign

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

You know what, I lied. I forgot about Trufant and Rhodes.

I'd want Xavier Rhodes first though.

So, my list shifts to:

1. Mingo
2. Jarvis Jones (granted he checks out medically)
3. Werner
4. Star (just like Jones, if he checks out medically)
5. Xavier Rhodes
6. Desmond Trufant
7. Lane Johnson
8. Tavon Austin

Old 03-02-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I differ with you there. If ALL the pass rushers are off the board AND all the offensive tackles then I'm starting a Desmond Trufant at #15 campaign
If that happens I hope to God we find a way to trade down.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

if we pick austin, no matter how barren the board, im gonna rage and punch babies. dont see how a 5'9 110ish pound guy is considered a first rounder. slot only should never be a first rounder

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-02-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
If that happens I hope to God we find a way to trade down.
Same here, man. But I am happy that Bjoern Werner fell to the Saints in the forum mock. I was beyond shocked that he wasn't taken before pick #15.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Could anyone imagine a offense with Brees at QB, Sproles in the backfield, Graham at TE, Colston, Moore, and Tavon Austin at WR??
Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Could anyone imagine a offense with Brees at QB, Sproles in the backfield, Graham at TE, Colston, Moore, and Tavon Austin at WR??
Yeah it would be cool but i would go insane if we used our first pick on a freaking receiver.