Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-03-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Te'o is the better prospect. This guy was a top-ten pick before people found out he was being manipulated by someone purporting to be his long-distance girlfriend, causing some sort of massive spiral down draft boards. Crazy.
Outside of Kiper having Te'o go first overall to the Chiefs in one of his earlier mocks (lol) I haven't seen any top 10 hype for Te'o. I don't see top 10 potential when I watch him play either. He looks decidedly average to me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Brown over Te'o.

My friend and I were talking earlier, and Lavonte vs Brown came up. That's a better question, IMO
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o was a top 10 pick from hype only. He was never worthy of a top 10 selection.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
If you look at the combine measurements all of the higher ranked LB prospects (that aren't pass-rushers) they all came in at pretty much the same size. I was a bit surprised by the conformity.
That's why all of them outside of Oggletree are 2nd round + picks.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Brown a lot but I have to see him workout. How much weight can he carry and still retain his quickness and speed? I just won't know till he works out. They both look on paper like 2nd rounders.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
2 things need to be said on this issue.

1. Brown is the better prospect

2. Manti Te'o does not have character concerns.
Te'o doesn't have "character concerns" but he does have off the field issues that need to be considered. His off the field situation can be argued to death about what happened, what he knew, etc. but the fact of the matter is that the situation exists. Because of this, it's going to be a distraction having him around even if he's never catfished again. It is similar to the non-football related Tim Tebow concerns.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BearTooth
Rookie

BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.

Teo is now officially underrated.
BearTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think of Te'o like AJ Hawk.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Elite athlete and top 10 pick?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You need to get better at thinking.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a pretty random comparison.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o is nowhere near the athlete Hawk was coming out of school.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think it's a good comparison...to current AJ Hawk, not the prospect coming out of college.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I actually think it's a good comparison...to current AJ Hawk, not the prospect coming out of college.
It makes more sense if you are comparing them now as opposed to both as draft prospects, but I still don't really see it. I'd say Hawk is a well rounded, above average 3-4 ILB who can do a little of everything but isn't great at anything. He was put into that role, nobody thought his best fit was a 3-4 ILB coming out of school. That position is what most people see as Te'o's ONLY fit and I still think his ceiling is being a player like Hawk.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I'd say Hawk is a well rounded, above average 3-4 ILB who can do a little of everything but isn't great at anything.
Yeah, that's exactly the comparison I see to Te'o. I don't think it's limited to 3-4 though. He could be an average/starting caliber ILB in a 4-3 as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A more athletic DeMeco Ryans is my comparison for Brown.

My favorite trait is how good of a tackler he is. Brown is a textbook tackler.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown will/would instantly become the Packers best ILB.
Pencil the brother down at #26 now and don't look back.... if he's still there.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Arthur Brown will/would instantly become the Packers best ILB.
Pencil the brother down at #26 now and don't look back.... if he's still there.
I want him on the Bears at #20. I think he's going #17, though.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...006&genpos=olb

Hawk didn't screw the pooch at the combine. He was also so much better than Te'o on the field as a college player.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

Hawk didn't screw the pooch at the combine. He was also so much better than Te'o on the field as a college player.
Yeah, Te'o doesn't compare to 2006 A.J. Hawk. The comparison I see is to the 2013 version.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o is getting killed here. He's not all world but let's not pretend the guy sucks now because of a slow 40 and a fake girlfriend. He's a first round football player. It doesn't matter how much faster and athletic Minter and Brown and even Ogletree is, Te'o is quicker diagnosing the play.

Oh, he got manhandled by Alabama's OL? Anyone else see Jones, Ogletree, Minter, Bostic dominate Alabama's OL? Neither did I, and when Te'o was easily ND's most impactful player on defense, it's easy to put the microscope on him and place the blame. The whole defense was outmatched.

It's easy to fall in love with these numbers and potential. If I were to ask you who the best LB prospect was back in December, some wouldn't hesitate to say Te'o and others would have a hard time convincing me he wasn't. But a bad NC game, slow 40, and fake girlfriend makes everyone forget what kind of player he's been for the last 2 years.

March 26th, Te'o runs a sub 4.76. What then? Because we know combine numbers make players, right Bruce Campbell? It's like people eliminate game tape come March.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
foozball
Veteran

foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.

Teo is a 2nd rounder. If you look at the measurables for the 1st round ILBs since 2009, the average size/speed is like 6'3 252lbs with a 4.65 40yd. 2nd rounders are around 6'1 245lbs and run a 4.72 40yd.

If I had to compare him to anyone, it'd be James Laurinaitis. He was 6'2 244lbs and ran 4.76 and was just as productive and played with similar intensity on the field. If he can't break the 1st round, how can Teo?
foozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

Hawk was incredible to watch at OSU, it's like he used up his life's supply of big plays before ever stepping onto an NFL field. It was crazy how the ball just found him so he could make a big play.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foozball View Post
Teo is a 2nd rounder. If you look at the measurables for the 1st round ILBs since 2009, the average size/speed is like 6'3 252lbs with a 4.65 40yd. 2nd rounders are around 6'1 245lbs and run a 4.72 40yd.

If I had to compare him to anyone, it'd be James Laurinaitis. He was 6'2 244lbs and ran 4.76 and was just as productive and played with similar intensity on the field. If he can't break the 1st round, how can Teo?
I don't see anything special from Teo other than the hype.
His performance vs Alabama was not bad, it was pitiful.
And then we saw what true speed he had at the combine. Those things weren't mirages.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now we're getting ridiculous. You saw nothing special about Te'o all season? Are you blind? All he did was make plays.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote