Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-26-2013, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Post combine Raiders draft.

Now that nearly all the information is in, here are the guys I would consider at #3:

Geno Smith- Smith has started the process of answering many of his doubters. The possibility of taking Smith is totally a coaches decision on what direction they want to take the team in.

Ziggy Ansah- I don't care how raw he is, the guy has physical ability and instincts that are special. He also has the character you look for in any prospect. We can afford for him to work out the kinks for a year.

Star Lotulelei- Word is that the bad heart test was a result of his rapid weight loss and he is cleared to work out. Props to the guy for trying to get into the best shape he could. Lotulelei is still my preferred choice and DT is our biggest of many big needs.

Chance Warmack- In this very strange draft, everything is on the table. Warmack is more "blue chip" than anyone else in the top ten and lord knows we need a power OG, so it's a nice fit.

That's all, folks.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 02-26-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must have wandered into the Raiders forum. My bad.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade down scenarios are quite interesting now with Star possibly moving down, Milliner becomeing attractive and Rhodes moving up. We could possibly trade down for a Smith, Rhodes, Warmack or Ansah.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we need OL help but tbh, I don't really want to go OL in the 1st round. You can mask the OL a little bit, but that defense was just beyond horrendous. Jordan, Ansah, Milliner or Rhodes (depending if we can trade down for the DBs) would make me so happy. Star at a lower pick would be cool too.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: nevermind. I read the picks the Raiders have completely wrong.

Last edited by nepg : 03-04-2013 at 12:33 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any scenario listing Geno Smith as an option is already a failed scenario.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should draft Leon McFadden

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Raiders will draft a QB, it will either be Geno Smith in 1 or someone like Tyler Bray in 3, its gonna happen.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's either one of those guys, I'm firing Reggie myself.

I'd take a chance on Tyler Wilson in Rd3. Bray? No thank you. QBs with 10 brain never pan out. Dude's a journeyman backup at the NFL level.

God damn it.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
We should draft Leon McFadden
You can bet we'll draft a corner, bring in 5000 more in UDFA, and sign a couple vets. I dare not even speculate as to who, though. After Milliner and Rhodes, and maybe Trufant, it's pretty much wide the hell open.

God damn it.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Now that nearly all the information is in, here are the guys I would consider at #3:

Geno Smith- Smith has started the process of answering many of his doubters. The possibility of taking Smith is totally a coaches decision on what direction they want to take the team in.

Ziggy Ansah- I don't care how raw he is, the guy has physical ability and instincts that are special. He also has the character you look for in any prospect. We can afford for him to work out the kinks for a year.

Star Lotulelei- Word is that the bad heart test was a result of his rapid weight loss and he is cleared to work out. Props to the guy for trying to get into the best shape he could. Lotulelei is still my preferred choice and DT is our biggest of many big needs.

Chance Warmack- In this very strange draft, everything is on the table. Warmack is more "blue chip" than anyone else in the top ten and lord knows we need a power OG, so it's a nice fit.

That's all, folks.
I think Jarvis Jones and Dion Jordan could be in the picture here as well.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Aye. And the only word I've seen regarding Star's heart has been pure speculation. Has anything noteworthy been reported yet?

God damn it.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
If it's either one of those guys, I'm firing Reggie myself.

I'd take a chance on Tyler Wilson in Rd3. Bray? No thank you. QBs with 10 brain never pan out. Dude's a journeyman backup at the NFL level.
Neither will Wilson.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Any scenario listing Geno Smith as an option is already a failed scenario.
AH.....okay. Because you said so, of course.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I'd rather roll with Wilson too. I think he'll be better than Geno. Taking Geno at 3rd would be a little disappointing tbh.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

How does one say this...

Quote:
AH.....okay. Because you said so, of course.
...immediately after having said this:

Quote:
Neither will Wilson.

You're a funny guy. Not everyone can talk out of both sides of their mouth in the span of 1 minute. That's a special skill you've got there. You oughta get a job with Fox News. Your talents are being wasted on this little message board.

God damn it.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How does one say this...

...immediately after having said this:

You're a funny guy. Not everyone can talk out of both sides of their mouth in the span of 1 minute. That's a special skill you've got there. You oughta get a job with Fox News. Your talents are being wasted on this little message board.
Oh yeah? Obviously, I'm not as funny as you. Look at you, you are a virtual comedian. Ha ha ha, Fox News! Little message board, I love it!! By the way, you might want to look up the definition of the word "sarcasm" before you make another stupid assertion.

Maybe when we select Geno Smith, you'll get so upset you'll stop joking and pick another team to root for. Until then, just know that Geno Smith IS under consideration whether you approve or not.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-16-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Really sucks getting called out for being two faced, eh? You'll recover. Just try harder to not be a jackass and you should be fine. :)

God damn it.