Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we've talked about safety being an early investment, but after analyzing the roster I don't see it happening. The coaching staff has always shown an allegiance to Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian was a 4th round pick this past season, and Sean Richardson is a big safety who managed to be active quite a bit in the second half of the season and flashed ability in the pre-season. Also factor in that the safety class is deep, and it tallies up to a position the front office won't feel a great urgency to address early on.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I do like Minter but I watch him play and I see LSU talent covering up for his lack of speed and agility (the 4.8 40 sure doesn't dissuade me from that.) Aggressive and savvy ILB, for sure, but he would give us two thumpers in the middle (with Bishop) and I would prefer to see us add a sideline-to-sideline guy. I was also disappointed that he is only 6'0 and for a fairly slow ILB he shies away from taking on blockers too much for my taste; I actually saw a lot more of the smaller and faster Brown attacking and shedding blockers.

I'm not sure what role Pryor would serve for us. He isn't as versatile as Kuhn and while he's probably a slightly better runner, he isn't really much more of a blocker.
Minter did prove the ability to be a sideline to sideline guy and to be able to do it in the SEC says a lot. Brown isn't someone I would describe as excelling against blockers; just take a look at the Oregon game where he was completely neutralized for the duration of the game.

Pryor is a far better athlete and is more versatile than John Kuhn, who is nice player but slightly overrated right now. I see Pryor as a guy who could actually be part of our back rotation or possibly the featured guy.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I know we've talked about safety being an early investment, but after analyzing the roster I don't see it happening. The coaching staff has always shown an allegiance to Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian was a 4th round pick this past season, and Sean Richardson is a big safety who managed to be active quite a bit in the second half of the season and flashed ability in the pre-season. Also factor in that the safety class is deep, and it tallies up to a position the front office won't feel a great urgency to address early on.
I agree with this. I don't see us going safety early. I thought McMillian showed promise and I think he'll get a full year of opportunity.

I would also be surprised, a bit, if we went OLine in the first or second. I feel like there's enough guys coming back that we need depth there, not necessarily a starter. Sitton, Lang, EDS, Bulaga are locks to start. Newhouse is a bit iffy but there's always the chance of moving Bulaga to LT and keeping Barclay as a starter.. or Sherrod getting healthy and showing up. I think there's at least an equal upside to one of those options than to draft a guy like Fluker in the late first (unless one of the top 3 LTs drops to us, which won't happen, in which case we'd obviously pull the trigger.)

I feel like TT has to address the front 7 with the first pick (or a TE if we drop Finley, which looks unlikely) and if he brings in a Canty or Jenkins in free agency, that really puts us in a good spot on the dline so it really falls to the ILB void.

Where else is there a missing starter?

Qb. Set.
RB. Possibly a starter needed but lack of value in the 1st.
WR. Set.
TE. Set or strong need if Finley is released.
OT. Borderline.
OG. Depth needed.
C. Depth needed.
DE. Depth needed.
DT. Depth needed, future starter.
OLB. Set (can't believe they'd give up on Perry, Walden and Mozes good enough depth regardless.)
ILB. Very strong need; colossal if Hawk is released.
CB. Set.
S. Borderline but likely set.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I could see receiver being the position in round one. James Jones is a free agent next off-season, and Thompson seems to invest a 2nd/3rd round pick every other year on a receiver to keep the position strong. Sign me up for DeAndre Hopkins or Quinton Patton.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see receiver being the position in round one. James Jones is a free agent next off-season, and Thompson seems to invest a 2nd/3rd round pick every other year on a receiver to keep the position strong. Sign me up for DeAndre Hopkins or Quinton Patton.
Absolutely love Patton. How late can we get him?
Usually, Teddy takes guys earlier than we fans expect.
And it usually works out good.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Absolutely love Patton. How late can we get him?
Usually, Teddy takes guys earlier than we fans expect.
And it usually works out good.
I think he'll be a Top 50 guy

Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he'll be a Top 50 guy
Yeah I saw a few mocks today that have him going late round ONE dammit.
I don't want a WR in the first round.....
Old 02-26-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I agree with you here. I think people are overlooking the fact that Jones will be a free agent after this year. And if he matches his production from last season, he'll probably want to be paid like a number 1 receiver. Then we'll be in the same position Jones that we are in now with Jennings - where the gap between what the player thinks he is worth and what the team is willing to pay him is pretty large.

So facing the possibility that we might lose Jennings and Jones in consecutive offseasons, I think it will be smart to invest in another pass-catcher now. I'm a big Terrance Williams fan.
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my latest Mock/Wishilist. Let me know what you think.

Round 1 - Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia (6'3 232)

I originally mocked Ogletree to us knowing we had no shot at him. Considered by some as being anywhere from a top 10-15 pick, his DWI obviously didn't help his cause. This kid does have a bit of a rap sheet, but I guess we don't know exactly how his interviews went and maybe a small town like Green Bay would be good for him. I know this isn't a TT type of pick, but I would hate to see a talent like him get passed by and then picked up a few picks later by teams who are basically our competition towards another Super Bowl run. I also think our locker room would be a postive influence on this young man.

Ogletree isn't one your old school thumping ILB. He excels at coverage and has the ability to cover sideline to sideline. Something we are desperately missing in Green Bay. Our combination of Bishop and Ogletree would remind me a bit of San Frans ILBs ( maybe not the same level, but there would be that potential ) Bishop being more like Willis and Ogletree like Bowman. I think Ogletree would be worth taking a risk. He has everything you need as far as now days ILBs go. Will see if TT feels the same.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/...ng-report.html

Previous Pick: Alec Ogletree
Alternate Pick: Menelik Watson/Keenan Allen

Round 2 - DJ Swearinger, SS South Carolina (6'0, 210)

I'm torn between Swearinger and Cyprien maybe someone here can help me in making my choice a little easier. The biggest things that stick out to me with Swearinger is his teammates raving about him being a great leader and also playing in 52/53 games in his college career. Some Green Bay people don't think Safety is a need, I disagree. I don't think McMillan or Jennings are the answer. Hopefully we can upgrade the postion early in this draft as it seems to be a decent class of safeties.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/...ng-report.html

Previous pick: Jonathan Cyprien
Alternate Pick: Cyprien/ Quinton Patton/Travis Long

Round 3 - Christine Michael, RB Texas A&M (5'11, 220)

Michael is a super talented back with some question marks, but what player in this draft doesn't have that? This kid absolutely stood out talent wise at the EastVSWest shrine game. He was equally impressive at the NFL Combine. He fits the size that TT looks for in RBs. IMO this kid could be special and he could make our offense special.

Round 4 - Jordan Mills, OT Louisiana Tech (6'5, 318)

Mills had an all-around good Senior Bowl week. I read a few different reports of him possibly being a sleeper in the draft. I also liked when I read he had a nastiness to him and continually blocked till after the whistle. We need some nastieness on the O-line, especially in place of the Outhouse.

Round 5 - Marquess Wilson, WR Washington State (6'3, 194)

Wilson has 1st round size and probably 1st round talent. Teams are going to question the deal with him quitting his team this year and claiming alleged abuse by the coaching staff. Hopefully all that is behind him. Wilson had a decent Combine and has the ability to stretch the field. I think Green Bay lacks a true deep threat WR and Wilson would fill that role. Wilson is also a great leaper which would be good for the redzone and on those deep balls.

Round 6 - Keith Pough, ILB Howard (6'2, 239)

Pough could serve as both an ILB or OLB. He would be better suited for this inside. Pough has been said to be a great leader. Seems like a TT guy to me. Will contribute on special teams and could eventually become a good ILB.

Round 7 - Travis Long, OLB Washington State (6'3, 256)

Poor mans Brooks Reed?

Last edited by CheeseKnuckles : 03-03-2013 at 10:39 PM.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
This is my latest Mock/Wishilist. Let me know what you think.

Round 1 - Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia (6'3 232) Our combination of Bishop and Ogletree would remind me a bit of San Frans ILBs ( maybe not the same level, but there would be that potential ) Bishop being more like Willis and Ogletree like Bowman.

Alternate Pick: Menelik Watson/Keenan Allen

Round 2 - DJ Swearinger, SS South Carolina (6'0, 210)

I'm torn between Swearinger and Cyprien maybe someone here can help me in making my choice a little easier.
Round 3 - Christine Michael, RB Texas A&M (5'11, 220)
Round 5 - Marquess Wilson, WR Washington State (6'3, 194)
Ogletree has no chance of being our pick. Zero. He had character concerns before the DWI, and then came off poorly in combine interviews. Not. A. Chance. I like Arthur Brown as a similar prospect, however, and a far superior character guy.

Swearinger doesn't make sense for us, in my opinion. Sure, he's a physical guy and you could make the case we overreact to the 49ers game and go for a run stopper.... but considering the type of safety that we have consistently drafted, I can't see us going with him over Cyprien or a similar player. Swearinger is entirely not a ballhawk and TT loves him some ballhawks at the safety position.

Michael and Wilson are both no ways. Zero shot of being a Packer. Michael has possibly worse character than Ogletree and is a horrendous pass blocker, as in zero effort given. Won't work. Wilson is a drama circus and considering how fed up we got with Finley, who doesn't approach Wilson's level of drama, I can't see it.

I like the positional breakdown, round by round, of your mock, though.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Brandon Hepburn screams someone who has the makeup to attract the Packers

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...randon+hepburn

Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Brandon Hepburn screams someone who has the makeup to attract the Packers

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...randon+hepburn
Good point.

Quote:
For Florida A&M coach Joe Taylor, Hepburn is a godsend. A devoutly Christian student-athlete who chose the school because of the academic offerings, Brandon serves as an ever-present reminder to Taylor’s other student-athletes of all that’s possible.

“As a coach, you always tell guys that whatever they want to become, there is somebody who is already it, so I tell them to do a lot of reading and research,” Taylor said. “But with Brandon, here’s a role model who is right in the midst of these guys. He’s a perfect example of what can happen once you put your mind to it.”

While Taylor waxes poetic about his star player, Hepburn merely says it’s a “privilege” and “a blessing” to be an example for his teammates.

“I know oftentimes in the black community it’s hard to find a father figure or a big brother to talk to,” he said. “Coming here to this program, I knew I had my coaches to talk through any of my life problems. It’s awesome that I have the chance to give back when I’m still playing.”

“As athletes, we’re oftentimes put on a pedestal. We have to remember that it’s not about us, but about giving glory to God through what we do,” Hepburn said. “I thank God that he’s given me a great platform to lead others and teach others as he taught me to love him.”
When trying to guess Thompson's picks, one thing that is the common thread is that he almost always picks guys with high character.
The only 2 exceptions I can think of were the Texas boys Cory Rogers & Johnny Jolly.

Thompson does a great job of avoiding the criminals and drama queens.

He also likes guys who have a 3+ year track record, usually.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 03-05-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

TODAY:
I would LOVE this pick.

Let's take an NFC North-centric look at Todd McShay's latest mock draft for ESPN.com:

5. Detroit Lions
McShay pick: BYU defensive end Ezekiel Ansah
Seifert comment: We've discussed how intriguing a prospect Ansah has already proven to be. He might not have immediate impact, which the Lions have said they want. But Ansah could eventually thrive as an edge rusher in the Lions' defensive scheme. In this mock, Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner is already off the board.

20. Chicago Bears
McShay pick: Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson
Seifert comment: The Bears want a speedy receiver but it would be difficult to call it a primary need. McShay considers Patterson one of the draft's top playmakers, however, and chose him over Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, among others. We'll see.

23. Minnesota Vikings
McShay pick: North Carolina defensive tackle Sylvester Williams
Seifert comment: General manager Rick Spielman considers this draft deep for interior defensive linemen, and the Vikings have a need there as Kevin Williams ages.

26. Green Bay Packers
McShay pick: Georgia defensive tackle John Jenkins
Seifert comment: Jenkins is a classic 3-4 nose tackle at 346 pounds. The Packers want to strengthen their defensive line, especially against the run. Jenkins would help.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Jenkins disappears too much during games for me to get excited about him in round one.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Jenkins disappears too much during games for me to get excited about him in round one.
That's a good observation but you tell me any DT who shows up big every quarter.
Even Reggie White had plenty of games where he was not making plays for 3 quarters.
Raji takes games off, aside from occupying blocks sometimes.

Wilfork, Justin Smith, Marcel Darius, Suh, Ngata, Tuck, they're neutralized for long stretches too. Some of them disappear for a couple games.

Only John Randle at DT/NT had a non-stop motor that I can recall. But most here are too young to recall that crazy Viking. That's who I want(ed) Worthy & Mike Daniels to be like.......
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
That's a good observation but you tell me any DT who shows up big every quarter.
Even Reggie White had plenty of games where he was not making plays for 3 quarters.
Raji takes games off, aside from occupying blocks sometimes.

Wilfork, Justin Smith, Marcel Darius, Suh, Ngata, Tuck, they're neutralized for long stretches too. Some of them disappear for a couple games.

Only John Randle at DT/NT had a non-stop motor that I can recall. But most here are too young to recall that crazy Viking. That's who I want(ed) Worthy & Mike Daniels to be like.......
I don't want to spend a first round pick on a player who is strictly a space eater. We need defensive linemen who have the ability to collapse the pocket and penetrate into the backfield and Jenkins doesn't fit under that criteria.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Forum Mock Off-season is near the conclusion with drafting and here's what I've done

Free agency

Signed Steven Jackson, Jermon Bushrod, Tim Tebow, Chris Canty, Sammie Lee Hill

Released Jermichael Finley, AJ Hawk, James Starks, Brandon Saine

Draft

32. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
55. Sylvester Williams, DL, North Carolina
76. Brian Schwenke, C, California
88. Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
100. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice
132. Earl Wolff, SS, North Carolina State
161. Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati
181. Chris Faulk, OT, Louisiana State
209. Brandon Hepburn, ILB, Florida A&M
232. Eric Herman, OG, Ohio

Old 03-08-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Forum Mock Off-season is near the conclusion with drafting and here's what I've done

Free agency

Signed Steven Jackson, Jermon Bushrod, Tim Tebow, Chris Canty, Sammie Lee Hill

Released Jermichael Finley, AJ Hawk, James Starks, Brandon Saine

Draft

32. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
55. Sylvester Williams, DL, North Carolina
76. Brian Schwenke, C, California
88. Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
100. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice
132. Earl Wolff, SS, North Carolina State
161. Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati
181. Chris Faulk, OT, Louisiana State
209. Brandon Hepburn, ILB, Florida A&M
232. Eric Herman, OG, Ohio
Holy free agency madness Batman!
I'd love those additions but.... and I love Tebow more than anyone does but I would not want the circus that swarms around him.
I'd be a bit worried about our TEs and ILBs under this scenario though.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't mind the releases of Hawk and Starks. I think Saine is worth keeping around if he is healthy. I guess I could live with the Finely release if it was a matter of money to sign Jackson, Bushrod, etc., but I agree with J-Mike in that I don't want anything to do with Tebow. When the Broncos were shopping him I thought it might work to have McCarthy run him through the QB school but after him going to the Jets and seeing the media cluster**** that follows him wherever he goes, no thanks.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Hey Prince, where do you think Sheldon will be drafted? This capsule on him from Walt sounds delicious to imagine in Green Bay:

Sheldon Richardson*, DT, Missouri
Height: 6-3. Weight: 294. Arm: 34.48.
40 Time: 5.02.
Projected Round (2013): Top-25 Pick.
3/2/13: Richardson had a superb season including a great game against Alabama. He had 14 tackles and a sack coming from defensive end against right tackle D.J. Fluker. Richardson flashes the speed to fire the gap and make plays behind the line. He has non-stop drive and makes a lot of tackles in pursuit. Richardson has one of the best motors of any player in college football. He is truly relentless.

Richardson returned a fumble 60 yards against Kentucky. He couldn't make plays going against guard Larry Warford, but made an impact when taking on other blockers. Richardson was a speedy disruptive force at the point of attack. He had a solid performance at the combine to show some speed and athleticism.

The redshirt junior totaled 75 tackles in 2012; a staggering number for a defensive tackle. He also had 10.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks, three passes batted and three forced fumbles.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's going top half of round 1.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
he's going top half of round 1.
Agree...Top 10 selection

Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Agree...Top 10 selection
Damn, then no chance.
That's an area I'd love to strengthen up for us.....
Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Damn, then no chance.
That's an area I'd love to strengthen up for us.....
If we look defensive line for round one, Sylvester Williams and Jesse Williams are probably the most likely choices. Jesse being able to play the nose or five technique will be attractive to teams like us.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fixed my mock draft up a bit after somebody pointed out that a few of my players weren't TT type people. Check it out.

Round 1 - Sylvester Williams, DE North Carolina (6'3, 305)

IMO the Packers have to have two goals in this draft. Beef up the front 7 on D and find quality depth for the O-line. Williams is a nice prospect who has the typical size you look for in a 3-4 DE. Even if a player like Canty or RJF is signed you can't have enough big boys up front.

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/201...couting-report

Alternate picks: Menelik Watson/DeAndre Hopkins

Round 2 - Jonathan Cyprien, SS FIU (6'1, 210)

My last mock I switched to DJ Swearinger, but I think Cyprien is more the type of safety we need. In today's NFL you need safeties who can cover the field and Cyprien is capable of doing so. Burnett and Cypriend could be great together in the in our defensive backfield. Let the youth movement continue back there!

http://youtu.be/XU5vsum2vHw

Previous pick: DJ Swearinger
Alternate pick: Quinton Patton/Travis Long

Round 3 - Montee Ball, RB Wisconsin (5'11, 215)

We need better RB play in Green Bay. I have been in love with Christine Michael as a prospect, but he has some major maturity issues and his work ethic has been questioned. Ball has some questions as well and thats why he will probably be a 3rd round pick. He has piled up carries at UW and isn't a major burner speed wise. The thing about Ball those is he isn't going to dance around and lose you yards. He has been reliable and consistent and that is what Green Bay needs. TT was also at UWs pro day and so maybe there is some interest there.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...outing-report.html

Previous pick: Christine Michael

Round 4 - Jordan Mills, OT Louisiana Tech (6'5, 318)

Mills had an all-around good Senior Bowl week. I read a few
different reports of him possibly being a sleeper in the draft. I also liked
when I read he had a nastiness to him and continually blocked till after the
whistle. We need some nastieness on the O-line, especially in place of the
Outhouse.

Round 5 - David Quessenberry, G/C San Jose State (6'5, 294)

Quessenberry is a O-line prospect that can play all three positions on the line, but G/C would be his best fit. I have read different reports on where he could go in this draft, but they all seem to be 3-5. Quessenberry may be able to start at G/C and would add some much needed quality depth to our O-line.

Round 6 - Keith Pough, ILB Howard (6'2, 239)

Pough could serve as both an ILB or OLB. He would be better suited for the inside.
Pough has been said to be a great leader. Seems like a TT guy to me. Will
contribute on special teams and could eventually become a good ILB.

Round 7 - Jasper Collins, WR Mount Unions (6'0, 190)

Intriguing prospect. Has return ability. Who knows in the 7th round...

I'm not sure what our compensatory pick will be from Scott Wells? If it is a 5th round pick I like - Mychal Rivera, TE Tennessee (6'3, 237)
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote