Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would agree that a top-flight corner makes the most sense, but there isnít a top-flight corner available. For all of the previous discussion about hitting on value with the first overall pick, Milliner is a horrible value. Forget BPA of the entire draft, I donít even see a top ten pick. To me, he might be the third-rated corner in the class behind Rhodes and Trufant. His triangle numbers and program pedigree seem to have cemented him as the first corner off the board though.

I just donít see it. Donít get me wrong, when I watch Milliner, I see a tool-blessed corner. Like his length. Long speed checked out at the Combine and his close checks out on-field. Reads the game well when itís in front of him. Willingness to battle with receivers. Aggressive, run-force corner. Think heís got the potential to be a good, rock-solid cover corner, too.

But profiling him in the shutdown stratosphere requires too much projection for me. He needs refinement before I would even want to start that conversation. The traits that I listed donít come close to a complete corner. The bail and shuffle techniques that Saban uses at ĎBama highlight his strongest attributes. Right or wrong, those techniques arenít utilized to the same extent in the NFL. Heís going to be put in unfamiliar situations. Unfamiliar situations where his athletic differential is also minimal. Heíll need to dedicate himself to mastering pro footwork. Get accustomed to off-man concepts. Polish his backpedal. Because I donít see a fluid enough athlete that can survive with sloppier technique. Plus, heís one of the grabbiest college corners Iíve seen. He abuses receivers downfield and ignores the contact bubble. If he doesnít get respect as a rookie, or clean up that area of his game, heís a candidate for a lot of flags.

Right now, I see Xavier Rhodes as a better corner prospect. Better length. Better positioning around the line of scrimmage. Better ball skills. Even showed more at the Combine. Milliner ran a 4.37 and Rhodes ran a 4.43, but Rhodes edged him with a faster split and more impressive drill work. And a surprising pair of forties buried two other tests in Indianapolis. He had the 18th slowest three-cone time out of 25 participants and the 24th slowest short shuttle out of 26 participants.

Again, I think heís a solid cornerback prospect thatís capable of developing into a good starter. But the number one overall talk baffles me.
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive also been very pro rhodes...since he was a RS sophomore actually, but milliners combine numbers have put him comfortably in the lead in most peoples eyes.

Not like rhodes was a slouch at the combine though
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
tjjohnson98
Rookie

tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
There was some weird explanation for Stars heart condition but I don't remember what it is now.

As for Milliner, I'm not a fan personally but the position is a need, so idk.
What I heard was that he was doing the whole wrestling/boxing thing and tried to lose a bunch of water weight right before the Combine, went a little overboard and it affected his heart. Knowing that, I'm probably less concerned about his heart and more concerned about why his weight was out of whack. A DT with weight & conditioning issues is not what KC needs, so I'm a bit cautious on Star now.

As for the discussion, it's been said, but I agree that yesterday's moves were been pretty brilliant from a strategy standpoint. While the main purpose is to improve the team, the secondary purpose is to create doubt and confusion. Pretty sure the discussion on here reflects that. They could literally go in any direction here. If I'm a GM that is in love with a top 5 prospect, I'm now very nervous, because the Chiefs could take my guy, whoever it may be. All of a sudden, trading up to #2 might not be safe anymore, because the Chiefs aren't forced to take a QB or an OT like many thought they were. A case can be made for CB, OLB, DE, or OT, which pretty much covers the top prospects in this draft. Heck, Dorsey has even mentioned that if he rates a guard #1, that's who they'll take. The Chiefs want out of that #1 pick very badly, and these moves make it possible to do that. If they can't trade down, they take their BPA and deal with the ramifications then. With Albert on a one-year tender, trading him makes a bit of sense if they draft Joeckel. If they're able to trade down, Albert can be signed long-term. Maybe they trade #1 for a lower first this year and a first next year. Then they've got plenty of ammo to go get a young QB in the draft next year. Lots of flexibility for the Chiefs now, is my point.

I have to admit, I choked a bit on the price of Alex Smith, but I think signing Bowe and franchising Albert was a best-case scenario for KC. Very good job by Dorsey to get this done. I'm very interested to see how it all plays out from here.
tjjohnson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I asked before...has anyone heard an explanation for Star's situation that didn't come from "sources with knowledge" aka his agent?

It's astounding how many people are buying the dehydration story. It's pretty sketchy that it came out like 16 hours after he failed the combine medicals and never had a real source.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
tjjohnson98
Rookie

tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Like I asked before...has anyone heard an explanation for Star's situation that didn't come from "sources with knowledge" aka his agent?

It's astounding how many people are buying the dehydration story. It's pretty sketchy that it came out like 16 hours after he failed the combine medicals and never had a real source.
I thought it was pretty believeable, given that less than 24 hours later he was cleared to return to his workouts. Dehydration is about the only thing that could be resolved that quickly. Also, they wouldn't be able to use that story again when he has his next physical, so if that wasn't the truth, it would come out right after he got drafted. Maybe I'm being naive, but I wouldn't think they'd be trying to hide it if thr truth coming out was inevitable and in the meantime the guy could drop dead during a workout before he even sees the stage at the draft.
tjjohnson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw it. Just call the Rams and tell them they can have the #1 overall pick so they can draft the LT they've been looking for for years for the low low price of their two first rounders and second rounder this year and and a second rounder next year and call it good. Wishful thinking :)
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Screw it. Just call the Rams and tell them they can have the #1 overall pick so they can draft the LT they've been looking for for years for the low low price of their two first rounders and second rounder this year and and a second rounder next year and call it good. Wishful thinking :)
Sounds good to me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjohnson98 View Post
I thought it was pretty believeable, given that less than 24 hours later he was cleared to return to his workouts. Dehydration is about the only thing that could be resolved that quickly. Also, they wouldn't be able to use that story again when he has his next physical, so if that wasn't the truth, it would come out right after he got drafted. Maybe I'm being naive, but I wouldn't think they'd be trying to hide it if thr truth coming out was inevitable and in the meantime the guy could drop dead during a workout before he even sees the stage at the draft.
How do we know he's been cleared for workouts? His agent said that.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's ******* hilarious how bad some of you guys (and these "draft experts") have wanted KC to take an OL in the first round. Christ, doesn't it get old?

Move Albert to G! No? How about Winston? Oh he was good last year? Well uh, why don't they just draft Chance Warmack!

Offensive line is not a need right now and you guys should stop trying to shove it down their throat.
from today's KC Star

Quote:
Albert indicated that while his agent and the Chiefs had talked about a long-term contract, they were nowhere close to an agreement.

ďIím happy for Dustin and Bowe and Iím happy for the organization,Ē Albert told The Star. ďThatís all Iíve got to say about it. Bowe deserves it. Colquitt deserves it. The organization locked up three players that are going to help them win.Ē

Albert wouldnít say whether he would sign the one-year contract offer any time soon. Even if he does, the contract would expire at the end of the season, leaving some uncertainty about the future of the position for the Chiefs.

For that reason, the possibility of selecting a left tackle like Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M or Eric Fisher of Central Michigan with the first pick in the draft would seem to be still in play.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/04...#storylink=cpy

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, this is using the #1 overall pick for an OT to sit on the bench for a year. Why does this make sense to you?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjohnson98 View Post
star's heart thing is still very shady. I have him dropping 10 spots from top 5 to top 15 but he could drop all the way out of the round. Keep in mind that this ventricle problem leads to an enlarged heart. And the enlarged heart is what can lead to instant death. Being a 300+ pound man he probably already has the enlarged heart (and there's no way to test for that while the patient is still alive). Star's stock is in real real trouble.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Again, this is using the #1 overall pick for an OT to sit on the bench for a year. Why does this make sense to you?
never said he would sit on the bench. He can play 16 games at LG or whatever.

by the way I don't work for the Kansas City Star. You should write a letter to the editor.

now it's your turn to answer a question what evidence do you see that Albert will be a Chief after this year?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
never said he would sit on the bench. He can play 16 games at LG or whatever.

now it's your turn to answer a question what evidence do you see that Albert will be a Chief after this year?
For the 500th time, we have a second round pick starting at LG, and a third round pick starting at RG. We have a second rounder starting at C. We have Eric Winston at RT and Albert franchised at LT. There is nowhere. for. Joeckel. to. play.

And I have no evidence. Tag Albert and if his back holds up (I think it will) then you sign him long term. If it doesn't? Let him go next year and start the OT you drafted in the third round last year. Another year under his belt and he'll be ready. Stephenson wasn't great last year starting for Albert, but he wasn't bad either. He showed a lot of promise.

OL is just not a need for this team. The one good thing Pioli did while he was the GM in KC is build up the offensive line with premium picks on talented players.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
For the 500th time, we have a second round pick starting at LG, and a third round pick starting at RG. We have a second rounder starting at C. We have Eric Winston at RT and Albert franchised at LT. There is nowhere. for. Joeckel. to. play.

And I have no evidence. Tag Albert and if his back holds up (I think it will) then you sign him long term. If it doesn't? Let him go next year and start the OT you drafted in the third round last year. Another year under his belt and he'll be ready. Stephenson wasn't great last year starting for Albert, but he wasn't bad either. He showed a lot of promise.

OL is just not a need for this team. The one good thing Pioli did while he was the GM in KC is build up the offensive line with premium picks on talented players.
Joeckel can easily beat out Jeff Allen and then take LT over in 2013. It's not unthinkable.

The whole "need" discussion was rendered moot by the moves. The Chiefs actually don't "need" to use a 1/1 at any of these positions right now. If they can't trade down they will take the best player, and from all indications that's a LT.

by the way many Pro Bowl left tackles have shaky campaigns as a rookie. Protecting this player at guard or right tackle isn't a crazy idea.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Chiefs don't make their decision until draft day because good gravy this has glorious entertainment potential for the next month and a half.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joeckel can easily beat out Jeff Allen and then take LT over in 2013. It's not unthinkable.
Drafting Joeckel to play tackle and kicking him inside to guard for the year would be beyond moronic. If you draft a player for a specific position you work him there and refine his abilities so he's ready when the time calls. A couple years ago the Packers drafted Derek Sherrod in round one and experimented with him at left guard, and that move stunted his growth as an offensive linemen and he was unable to find the field because guard was a poor spot and he hadn't learned further how to play tackle at the NFL level.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The whole "need" discussion was rendered moot by the moves. The Chiefs actually don't "need" to use a 1/1 at any of these positions right now. If they can't trade down they will take the best player, and from all indications that's a LT.

by the way many Pro Bowl left tackles have shaky campaigns as a rookie. Protecting this player at guard or right tackle isn't a crazy idea.
this isn't Madden 2010. You can't just fill your OL with random positions and switch guys in and out with it having no effect. Holy crap.

The only reason the Chiefs would draft an OT at 1 is because they don't believe they can sign Albert longterm AND don't trust Stephenson to take over next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Drafting Joeckel to play tackle and kicking him inside to guard for the year would be beyond moronic. If you draft a player for a specific position you work him there and refine his abilities so he's ready when the time calls. A couple years ago the Packers drafted Derek Sherrod in round one and experimented with him at left guard, and that move stunted his growth as an offensive linemen and he was unable to find the field because guard was a poor spot and he hadn't learned further how to play tackle at the NFL level.
Derek Sherrod broke his leg. that's why he didn't find the field. He could be the Packers starting LT this year btw.

Playing an OT at guard or RT for a year happens. Tyron Smith played RT for a year before playing LT. it does happen. It's not impossible. You guys are quick to bash these ideas but i'm not seeing any other picks that make sense.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
The only reason the Chiefs would draft an OT at 1 is because they don't believe they can sign Albert longterm AND don't trust Stephenson to take over next year.
both of those statements are probably true.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derek Sherrod broke his leg. that's why he didn't find the field. He could be the Packers starting LT this year btw.

Playing an OT at guard or RT for a year happens. Tyron Smith played RT for a year before playing LT. it does happen. It's not impossible. You guys are quick to bash these ideas but i'm not seeing any other picks that make sense.
switching tackle spots is so unbelievably different than guard it's not even funny. the footwork. the hand usage. the weight. the opponent you face. so, so different.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
both of those statements are probably true.
probably true? How can you say that they're "probably" true. What actual evidence do you have? Now, if they draft Joeckel or Fisher come April, yeah, then it's probably true. But saying that now has absolutely no merit
Quote:
Old 03-05-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sherrod didn't break his leg during his rookie season though and the experiment at guard during his rookie training camp opened the door for Newhouse to claim the LT spot.

There's a significant difference between Joeckel being drafted and playing right tackle for a year compared to play left guard for a season. It's been covered extensively though that the Chiefs already have Winston at right tackle.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
probably true? How can you say that they're "probably" true. What actual evidence do you have? Now, if they draft Joeckel or Fisher come April, yeah, then it's probably true. But saying that now has absolutely no merit
I just quoted a local newspaper, dated today, that said a long term deal between Albert and the Chiefs is unlikely.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

the same crowd who is going "OMG where to playz jOeckel?!" has no problem drafting Geno Smith and sitting him for 3 seasons.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
the same crowd who is going "OMG where to playz jOeckel?!" has no problem drafting Geno Smith and sitting him for 3 seasons.
Unlikely wasn't mentioned in that article even once. They're apart on a deal, but that doesn't mean it's "unlikely". they've got a whole damn season to sign him.

And sitting a QB makes much more sense then playing an OT out of position. Sitting sure hurt Aaron Rodgers.

I mean, if they're sure they're gonna lose Albert (which is damn near impossible to really know at this stage) then I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Joeckel. Mainly because they screwed themselves by committing themselves to Alex Smith
Quote: