Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
It's going to be Barkevious Mingo or Ezekiel Ansah in the first round this year. I can just feel it.
Ansah I agree with you, but Mingo I am not a fan of as a fit here.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ansah will be drafted before our pick. I have a feeling a team will roll the dice and try to develop him, thinking he can be the next JPP. I'd actually be surprised if he dropped to us.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there is a slim chance Ansah falls to us.

But to be honest, I'm targeting other options
Old 03-04-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like the depth at the OL and DL positions. Having said that, I think we really are in a nice location where we pick. Not too far back, and obviously not up at the top. So that late middle is nice. If there is a run at a position or teams have surprised like a Ponder type player at QB, then good prospects fall to us. I like that.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are so many good options, really. Trufant, Floyd, Richardson, Ansah, Fluker, Cooper, etc.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also sounds like Spencer was tagged by the Cowboys. I feel like that improves our chances of getting Ansah, even if slightly.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Also sounds like Spencer was tagged by the Cowboys. I feel like that improves our chances of getting Ansah, even if slightly.
It really depends on how teams view Ansah versus the other prospects.

I think Werner has slipped.

In my lastest Mock, I have us going with Xavier Rhodes.

One thing is certain though, this draft is very fluid, alot can chance and there will be trades.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...w-york-giants/

I'm not sure how much you guys put value in PFF but I actually felt like this list of players was pretty damn good in comparison to guys who are under and over valued.

Also, I'm not sure I buy into it 100% but according to it Beatty was one of the best offensive linemen in the league.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not sure how much you guys put value in PFF but I actually felt like this list of players was pretty damn good in comparison to guys who are under and over valued.

Also, I'm not sure I buy into it 100% but according to it Beatty was one of the best offensive linemen in the league.
Can't really disagree with any of that. Linval is a little better than we give him credit for here. He was really the only DT worth a damn last year. JPP had a "down" year but he was still very good as we were saying during the season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can agree with the undervalued list, and with Canty and CWeb being overvalued, but I disagree with Rolle being so overvalued. I feel he gets too much of the blame for our bad plays in the secondary. Plus, that list only relates to the play on the field, and does not take into account off the field value . In that regard, I feel Rolle is perhaps the most important Giants player.
He is the real leader of our defense.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks is looking for a contract similar to the one Bowe signed yesterday which isn't much of a surprise. I don't really see how we're going to be able to keep both of them. Randle needs to step up big time this year to see if we have at least one replacement.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Nicks is looking for a contract similar to the one Bowe signed yesterday which isn't much of a surprise. I don't really see how we're going to be able to keep both of them. Randle needs to step up big time this year to see if we have at least one replacement.
The problem is that both Nicks and Cruz want that kind of money.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There really should be cap exceptions to players that a team drafted or originally signed. We get punished because we have a knack for finding young talent. Only 90% of their total salary should count towards the cap or something like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
There really should be cap exceptions to players that a team drafted or originally signed. We get punished because we have a knack for finding young talent. Only 90% of their total salary should count towards the cap or something like that.
We were not punished. We got a SB for that investment opportunity. That's great by me.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
We were not punished. We got a SB for that investment opportunity. That's great by me.
No we certainly are being punished by the system right now. It would be easier to reach another SB having both of them but now because of the cap it's going to be extremely difficult to keep both in blue and field a competitive team around them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No we certainly are being punished by the system right now. It would be easier to reach another SB having both of them but now because of the cap it's going to be extremely difficult to keep both in blue and field a competitive team around them.
Well of course, but I love this because it forces all teams to make a decision. We have Snee, Baas, Tuck, Rolle, and Webster. If we want Cruz so bad, then we have to make a decision on those guys & David D. We if wanted to be stingy we can let Tuck, Webster, and David D. go and make Rolle restructure. So it can be done, but we have to be shrewd in our business decisions.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

That is the nature of free agency, some players come and some go. It is up to each team as to how they manage their cap and build their rosters. I think Reese and Abrams have done a good job.

It's not possible to pay everyone and naturally fans and outsiders all have their own opinions, managing an NFL team requires business decisions, sometimes they can be tough.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

This is how I see it. I like how there is a hard cap, and makes it difference than other sports. This is your cap, get under it. If you need to make shrewd decisions then so be it, but that's why I like this for all teams.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

All I'm saying is teams that draft and continually find talent also get punished because they can never keep them all. I know that's how the system works but I don't have to like it always. Having certain exceptions for homegrown players wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
All I'm saying is teams that draft and continually find talent also get punished because they can never keep them all. I know that's how the system works but I don't have to like it always. Having certain exceptions for homegrown players wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
That's the beauty of the sport though. You can't keep them all. So make sound decisions and understand how to build a team and that GM can do wonders for his franchise. If you run a franchise like a sh.. show then your fan base and owner will be angry.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I can agree with the undervalued list, and with Canty and CWeb being overvalued, but I disagree with Rolle being so overvalued. I feel he gets too much of the blame for our bad plays in the secondary. Plus, that list only relates to the play on the field, and does not take into account off the field value . In that regard, I feel Rolle is perhaps the most important Giants player.
He is the real leader of our defense.
I agree and disagree. I think he is a good player and valuable to this team, however his big salary/cap hit make him overvalued for what he brings to the table.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
That's the beauty of the sport though. You can't keep them all. So make sound decisions and understand how to build a team and that GM can do wonders for his franchise. If you run a franchise like a sh.. show then your fan base and owner will be angry.
That's for any sport. In football you're punished for drafting well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
That's for any sport. In football you're punished for drafting well.
No you're not. You draft well it puts you in a great spot to win. Then you need coaching and sign good free agents. We did all of this.

TC
Good drafting
Great FA signings

We did all that we won.. twice. If that's punishment, then please punish me some more.

You need to keep you believe is a long term core guy, and let the others go. You let them go, and you let go more than sign, you get comp picks where the cycle repeats. Draft well using those picks, and develop then, and win. Let those guys and some older FA go, and get more comp picks, and do it again.

I love it, that's the great part of football.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yes you are. If you can't keep your good players because of the cap that's getting punished by it. I don't see what's so hard to understand on this. Just because the Giants are continually good at it doesn't mean that it hasn't held us back. Without some of our talent leaving we could have had more than 2 SB's in this era for all you know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes you are. If you can't keep your good players because of the cap that's getting punished by it. I don't see what's so hard to understand on this. Just because the Giants are continually good at it doesn't mean that it hasn't held us back. Without some of our talent leaving we could have had more than 2 SB's in this era for all you know.
You can keep them. No one saying you can't, HOWEVER, you are going to have to make critical decisions, and you are going to have to be a shrewd GM. That's the way this sport works and that's what makes it great. That's part of parity. Within a set salary cap keep your team together. You draft well, great, they will help you win if you have good coaching, and can sign key free agents.

And without free agency, we may not win any. We don't get Burress, AP, or someone like Kareem McKenzie. Free agency factored with the salary cap is a great thing.

Again, you need to draft well, sign good free agents, and need good coaching to win. I don't believe for a second you are punished for a salary cap or free agency. All that means is you need to make better business decisions.

You want Cruz? Let's make shrewd decisions on guys like David D, Tuck, Snee, Rolle and Webster. Be that shrewd and draft well and you can have everything. Good teams will make decisions like getting rid of Bradshaw, Canty, and Boley. Cruz wants a big contract and we can't afford that. But the players listed above can make room if we want to really make room for re-signing Cruz.