Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
He has the measurables of a top ten pick, he is explosive, strong, and can break down guys in space. As a football player he is still pretty raw in terms of route running and understanding the subtle things like reading coverages. His hands are good but not great and at the combine I read multiple quotes that he had trouble tracking the deep ball over his shoulder.

In a nut shell he is very similar to Dez coming out minus the "character issues". The difference being he only has one year of tape against NCAA competition after being a JUCO transfer and of the games he dominated his most impressive was shredding David Amerson in the opener vs NC ST. Against other top competition Florida, Georgia, Mississippi St, Alabama, and South Carolina he was a combined 16 catches for 182 yards. That comes out to an average of 36 yards receiving per game most of which came in the Florida game where he totaled 8 catches for 75 yards.

Teams are going to place him on their big board based off potential not production so it would not surprise me to see him drafted early but he doesn't scream top 10 pick to me.
well he less than 800 yards recieving anyway, but racked up over a thousand yards in rushing and return yards. at this point he is a guys that dangerous exclusively with the ball in his hands, but his value goes beyond just a wr. he's dangerous returning kicks and punts and at even running back on toss or sweeps

the reason why patterson and tavon austin for the matter are getting pushed is the lack of premier offensive skill talent in this draft.

if the cowboys had even a decent offensive line i would love for them to draft patterson as the compliment to dez and develop him as a wr behind miles while returning kicks (and our kick return unit were awful).
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the thoughts on Sylvester Williams? I was watching some tape on him and he looks like he could be something special. Appeared to have good feet and hands. Has a good quick step.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
What are the thoughts on Sylvester Williams? I was watching some tape on him and he looks like he could be something special. Appeared to have good feet and hands. Has a good quick step.
I like him a TON I would love him at 47 to be honest. I think CBS has him pegged completely wrong tagging him as a 3rd rounder (95th overall).

I think with Richardson, Floyd, Short, Williams, and to a lesser extent Spencer all prime targets for the 3-tech position we'll be coming away with a quality player regardless of when we target them.

Keep in mind though the coaching staff has RAVED about Hatcher calling him by far the best defensive lineman on the team last year and PFF did their annual comparison of contract vs performance and he rated out very well. I wouldn't be surprised to have Hatcher manning the 3-tech and targeting a DE higher than initially believed.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to have Hatcher manning the 3-tech and targeting a DE higher than initially believed.
^^^ This. I'm starting to think that Marinelli/ Kiffin are comfortable with the group of lineman already on the roster. It is just a matter of getting guys into the roles that suits them best. Come draft time they will let the board come to them and if there is lineman they like fine snatch him up, if not they will be ok with that as well.

I've been hyping Tank Carradine as I guy I would love to play the base end if he falls into the second round. It will be interesting there are rumors that he is almost all the way healed and might be able to workout at his proday.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i love williams, 2011 he was 1-tech but lost weight in the offseason and they moved him to 3-tech and he was a beast. he has a great first step. he's a really underrated player imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I like him a TON I would love him at 47 to be honest. I think CBS has him pegged completely wrong tagging him as a 3rd rounder (95th overall).

I think with Richardson, Floyd, Short, Williams, and to a lesser extent Spencer all prime targets for the 3-tech position we'll be coming away with a quality player regardless of when we target them.

Keep in mind though the coaching staff has RAVED about Hatcher calling him by far the best defensive lineman on the team last year and PFF did their annual comparison of contract vs performance and he rated out very well. I wouldn't be surprised to have Hatcher manning the 3-tech and targeting a DE higher than initially believed.
i really don't hatcher as great fit as a 3-tech tho. im sure in training camp he will be a star going up against the riff raff jj continually puts out there at the offensive line, but the biggest concern i have about him is at 6'6'' 305 lbs i think the better guards in this league are going to be able to neutralize his quickness by using the leverage against him against the run. the premier the 3 tech players in this league are in that 6'1'' - 6'3'' range compact body build like henry melton or warren sapp or shariff floyd. the only big time 3 tech that i know that was really tall is kevin williams (6'5'') and i think he's bigger than the 311 that they have him listed as. a big reason he he didn't in his career was his inability to play the run. i like him better on the outside as the base end and then kick him down to dt in the nickel to rush the passer

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 03-03-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i really don't hatcher as great fit as a 3-tech tho. im sure in training camp he will be a star going up against the riff raff jj continually puts out there at the offensive line, but the biggest concern i have about him is at 6'6'' 305 lbs i think the better guards in this league are going to be able to neutralize his quickness by using the leverage against him against the run. the premier the 3 tech players in this league are in that 6'1'' - 6'3'' range compact body build like henry melton or warren sapp or shariff floyd. the only big time 3 tech that i know that was really tall is kevin williams (6'5'') and i think he's bigger than the 311 that they have him listed as. a big reason he he didn't in his career was his inability to play the run. i like him better on the outside as the base end and then kick him down to dt in the nickel to rush the passer
While measureables are fine and dandy to a point keep in mind that the role Hatcher played in the 3-4 is akin to being the 3-tech. He's going to be facing a ton of 1v1s with the LG (just like when he played in the 3-4) while the 1-tech played the C/RG double (Ratliff in the 3-4). The main difference is you now know the 4 down lineman are rushing rather than dropping into coverage, etc. Ware and Hatcher versus the LT and LG is just unfair and is going to win us a ton of matchups.

For what I mean take a look at the following screenshots:

Take note of where Hatcher (97) is lined up. Directly over the OUTSIDE shoulder of the LG.

Now this is a breakdown of the 4-3 under formation which is typically going to be base. Ware rushes from Wide-9 and the 3-tech lines up EXACTLY where Hatcher has played a ton of snaps at 3-4 DE. He gets to 1v1 the LG and that's a matchup nightmare. He's quick, strong, and active in his hand usage. His height is a detriment for sure but he is by far the most dynamic threat we have inside at DT. Moving over to Ratliff whose alignment is also IDENTICAL to the 3-4 where he will be playing 1-tech. Same thing with Spencer/SDE identical positioning.

Don't get too caught up with the 4-3 being vastly different in regards to alignment. Odd or even front it's all about gap responsbilities. We've been asking Hatcher to win 1v1s for a long time now just now he gets the "3-tech" rather than 5-tech designation. If say Richardson falls to us at 18 we can certainly kick Hatcher over to SDE and be less productive.

Crawford I believe is being touted as the leading candidate for the SDE and his twitter had some info that he has been beefing up (300+) which certainly pays credence to that train of thought.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

I'm beginning to wonder what the Franchise tag on Spencer means for the draft. Obviously, he's penciled in at the LDE spot, but what to do with Hatcher and Crawford now? Are they both 3 techs while back up LDE's? I read somewhere that Dallas is excited to put Hatcher in at the 3 tech, so that most likely means that Ratliff will be playing the 1. Maybe Crawford plays back up for both the 3 and LDE.

So what does Dallas look for in the draft along the D-Line? I'm leaning towards looking for a dominant 1 tech in the 2nd round or possibly 3rd. Someone that can plug up the running lanes, and keep blockers off our two studs at LB. Looking at the roster, it looks like we have plenty of 3 techs now with Spencer coming back. Brandon Williams is a guy I've had my eye on for awhile, and I think he would fit in perfectly at the 1 tech.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
I'm beginning to wonder what the Franchise tag on Spencer means for the draft. Obviously, he's penciled in at the LDE spot, but what to do with Hatcher and Crawford now? Are they both 3 techs while back up LDE's? I read somewhere that Dallas is excited to put Hatcher in at the 3 tech, so that most likely means that Ratliff will be playing the 1. Maybe Crawford plays back up for both the 3 and LDE.

So what does Dallas look for in the draft along the D-Line? I'm leaning towards looking for a dominant 1 tech in the 2nd round or possibly 3rd. Someone that can plug up the running lanes, and keep blockers off our two studs at LB. Looking at the roster, it looks like we have plenty of 3 techs now with Spencer coming back. Brandon Williams is a guy I've had my eye on for awhile, and I think he would fit in perfectly at the 1 tech.
Hatcher is an absolute certainty to start at 3-tech. Kiffin told him as much while watching film. As far as Crawford they have been having him beef up 300+ last time he mentioned his weight. Perhaps as you said they are looking at him to bounce between 3-tech and SDE.

I absolutely love the idea of Brandon Williams and I think you are on the money with the thought of us valuing 1-tech over 3-techs at this point.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
arub4
Rookie

arub4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes! Sensabaugh has finally been cut. I've been waiting 4 years for this day to come. lol

Also, I hope with spencer now franchised we will draft cooper, warmack, or lane johnson.
arub4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post

While I was sorta hoping for us going early at DE, I believe that thought is pretty much cut now.

My thoughts are that in the first 3 rounds we are going to target G, DT and S. I don't see how that cannot be the plan.

Any chance tagging Spencer is now our way of using him as trade bait for one of those 3-4 teams that need a solid OLB? Maybe be able to pick up a 2 or 3.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
While I was sorta hoping for us going early at DE, I believe that thought is pretty much cut now.

My thoughts are that in the first 3 rounds we are going to target G, DT and S. I don't see how that cannot be the plan.

Any chance tagging Spencer is now our way of using him as trade bait for one of those 3-4 teams that need a solid OLB? Maybe be able to pick up a 2 or 3.
We can still go early at DE if the value is there. Keep in mind we have no one behind Ware now with Butler walking. Behind Spencer we have Crawford (?) perhaps. Crawford could also be a fit for 3-tech behind Hatcher depending on how Kiffin molds him.

I could see us going: G, 1-tech DT, FS, OT, SLB, or even RB with our first three picks.

As far as trading Spencer I doubt it but the possibility is intriguing to say the least.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arub4 View Post
Yes! Sensabaugh has finally been cut. I've been waiting 4 years for this day to come. lol

Also, I hope with spencer now franchised we will draft cooper, warmack, or lane johnson.
Best news I've heard since arriving at Disney world today!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we are evidently interested in Terron Armstead who ran a 4.65(nope, not a typo) and scheduled a private workout. For those who haven't kept up with him much, he went to Arkansas Pine-Bluff and has been consistently rising up draft boards all off-season. He reportedly looked "outstanding" at his pro day, did great at the East/West shrine game, and almost everyone is projecting him to be a LT in the pros. At 6'5 306 he's the prototype at everything other then competition faced.

Anyone think it's interesting we keep hearing about our interest in tackles, or better yet LT prospects? I read the same thing with Lane Johnson. Maybe we are trying to throw teams off the trail of taking a Guard, maybe we truly do want a new RT immediately. And unless your drafting the best LT prospect to ever come along, putting a guy at RT doesn't make a difference, especially when you pass the way we do.

Just not sure how to take it and what our actual plans are, but putting resources into upgrading the line anywhere except LT makes me happy although we can all probably cross Center off the wishlist. RG and RT need replaced though, and I don't get the feeling we are going to let Parnell get first crack at RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So we are evidently interested in Terron Armstead who ran a 4.65(nope, not a typo) and scheduled a private workout. For those who haven't kept up with him much, he went to Arkansas Pine-Bluff and has been consistently rising up draft boards all off-season. He reportedly looked "outstanding" at his pro day, did great at the East/West shrine game, and almost everyone is projecting him to be a LT in the pros. At 6'5 306 he's the prototype at everything other then competition faced.

Anyone think it's interesting we keep hearing about our interest in tackles, or better yet LT prospects? I read the same thing with Lane Johnson. Maybe we are trying to throw teams off the trail of taking a Guard, maybe we truly do want a new RT immediately. And unless your drafting the best LT prospect to ever come along, putting a guy at RT doesn't make a difference, especially when you pass the way we do.

Just not sure how to take it and what our actual plans are, but putting resources into upgrading the line anywhere except LT makes me happy although we can all probably cross Center off the wishlist. RG and RT need replaced though, and I don't get the feeling we are going to let Parnell get first crack at RT.
As crazy as it sounds, it seems to me that they like how LIvings and Berny finished the season. I think they think that if Costa is healthy, Livings Costa Bernadeau will be better this year. I'm not sure I agree with that, but I get that feeling listening/reading folks like Broaddus.

I do think they are really worried about going into the season with Free/Parnell.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

If we have the same starting 5 on the OL to start this season, I might be beside myself in agony. I haven't read or heard one analyst say that we should address OL in the off-season. EVERYONE is saying it.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

what are you guys thoughts on chris faulk? he had some pre-season 2nd or 3rd round projections but tore his acl early in the season

cowboys have never been shy about drafting players coming major injuries and even he played left, he looked a starting ROT to me. seems to me like intriguing but under radar option in the 3rd round?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Right now my wish list at 18 of people who would have a chance at being there is as follows:

1.) Chance Warmack-- was watching the Draft Show on dallascowboys.com and they think Warmack may be the O-lineman that slides. I think Cooper goes before Warmack, along with Joekel, Fisher, and Lane Johnson.

2.) Kenny Vaccaro- Huge hole at the Safety spot now with Sensy gone. Not much proven between both Church and Matt Johnson. I love Vaccaro's versatility, being able to play either Safety spot along with being able to come down and man up on TE/WR.

3.) Sheldon Richardson- could step in and be included in the rotation at the 3 tech right away. The problem I have with drafting Richardson is that we already have Hatcher, Crawford, and Ratfliff who can play the 3 tech. Ratliff can play the 1 tech also, but I'd prefer him to be at the 3 tech in a rotation to keep the line fresh.

4.) DJ Fluker- I'm drafting to play his position, RT. He can come in a compete for the RT spot, and if nothing else, could try him out on the inside at G. I think he's worth a shot, just because of his run blocking ability, and we definitely need to run the ball more effectively next season.

5.) Trade Down. There's alot of people I like a little later in the draft (Elam, Cyprien, Sly Williams, Brandon Williams, Short, Warford, Pugh, Tavon Austin, Robert Woods). I could keep listing players I like but thats enough for an example. I think if we trade down and accumulate more picks to pick up a combination of these players would be great.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we have the same starting 5 on the OL to start this season, I might be beside myself in agony. I haven't read or heard one analyst say that we should address OL in the off-season. EVERYONE is saying it.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, the draft is stocked with talent along the line and there are lots of flavors to choose from. I'd be shocked if they don't pull the trigger at least once in the first three rounds. While Jerry hasn't drafted a long of lineman high there have been several in the last couple of years that might hint at what our scouts value.

At tackle it is clear to me that the team values athleticism and movement skills. Recent pick ups in Tyron Smith, Doug Free, and Parnell are all plus athletes with excellent movement skills. It was also rumored we were interested in Joe Staley when he came out of Central Michigan which fits that same mold. Guys that are in this years draft that we might be interested in Lane Johnson, Terron Armstead and Malik Watson.

At guard the team made the culture change from undersized lineman like Nagy, Kowalaki, and Arkin to guys with more girth. Mac, Livings, and Dockery were brought in to brings some extra punch on the inside and the addition of Leary as an undrafted free agent follows that train of thought as well. Also, the team has been linked with high profile prospects such as Iupati who are in a similar mold. Which would lead me to think that Warmack and Warford might be on the radar.

Center is the one position I can really find a pattern with, Gurode was a power player with decent movement in his prime while Costa is undersized and scrappy. Cook came in a pinch and had size but really isn't a mauler or overly athletic. In the past we were linked with Max Unger who is a great technician which would lead me to believe they would like guys like Cooper and Brian Schwenke.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 03-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even Jerrah said we'd be bringing in another C/G via the draft or free agency to compete. I am optimistic about replacing the RG spot, unfortunately we seemed to be high on Costa. I'll take what I can get at this point.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Even Jerrah said we'd be bringing in another C/G via the draft or free agency to compete. I am optimistic about replacing the RG spot, unfortunately we seemed to be high on Costa. I'll take what I can get at this point.
I'm okay with giving Costa an opportunity to win the job. I'd just like to invest a mid round draft pick on someone to push him.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost a month to go before the Draft so we are almost there. It is starting to feel that we will have a selection of some good players and picking the BPA will fill a need for us. Looking at a couple of Boards here are a couple of players based just on rankings and what we might need.

Round 1
Womack
Cooper
Ricardson

Round 2
Short
Cyprien

Round 3
Porter LB
Winter OL
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a TCU fan and I think a guy like Moponga might be an interesting guy in maybe the 4rd or 5th round. I think he's a better football player than what his measurables might say.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 03-07-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyprien ran a 4.5 today at the FIU pro day. Dude is a beast. I never had questions about his field speed, but man of the scouting reports I read do.

Although I'm not big on 40's -- they usually carry the most worth with DB's
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Matt Scott is there in the 4th round we HAVE to draft him. Maybe in the 3rd. Arm strength, ability, great pro day, seems to stack up well with some of the other QB's in this draft but he's not ready to play now. I really think starting this year, and the next 3 or so years we need to start looking for guys in the mid rounds we can develop even if it didn't work out previously.

We don't want to be in a situation where we go from Romo to having no choice but to spend our 1st on a QB because we just have no choice. This way we can wait for a mid round guy we are high on and have an emergency option to look at before blowing a 1st. He's got everything you want in a developmental QB.

Still a Dysert guy, but the value may not be there with him like Scott.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Cyprien ran a 4.5 today at the FIU pro day. Dude is a beast. I never had questions about his field speed, but man of the scouting reports I read do.

Although I'm not big on 40's -- they usually carry the most worth with DB's
That is good speed, we need a guy with some range back there, and depending on how late we wait on taking a Safety we may have to look at him because Vaccaro and Elam are going to be gone by our second rounder.

What are your thoughts on Reid? I know his film dropped off big time this year, but I just can't get over the fact that he strikes me as a guy who will just be a football player. His instincts, pedigree, awareness, whenever I watched him I always saw a good football player not a physical freak like Landry. Maybe the players around him his junior year made it easier for him to stand out and make plays, but I certainly think he's much better then where he will be drafted which is 3rd round at best IMO.

Very underrated and he's going to be a good value pick. Watch him go to New England, start, and end up a stud.

Quote: