Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I don't know how you can say Bowe is overrated when he has put up pretty consistent numbers with some horrible QB's pretty much his whole career in the NFL. He had a little bit of a drop problem when he first got to NFL, and that was fixed after eye surgery. He always seems to go hard for the ball and he is a very good player for YAC.
He's notoriously lazy and has an attitude problem. I get that Chiefs fans will defend him and why, but I'd put 24 million guaranteed elsewhere. He's the furthest thing from consistent.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turns out Bowe got 5 years, 56 mildo. 26 is guaranteed. Still no breakdown on the cap hits.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He's notoriously lazy and has an attitude problem. I get that Chiefs fans will defend him and why, but I'd put 24 million guaranteed elsewhere. He's the furthest thing from consistent.
He was a knucklehead when he first came into the league, but he hasn't displayed any attitude issues in quite a few years. I can't speak to the being lazy thing, but I haven't heard anything about that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
roethlisberger would love him, like really love him, like cutler to marshall type love. Was hoping theyd have a shot at him.

Maybe they will trade for baldwin, who knows
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got the numbers on Bowe. First year cap hit is only $4M. Chiefs are over the cap now. Still need breakdown of Colquitt's contract, so that number's going higher.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Got the numbers on Bowe. First year cap hit is only $4M. Chiefs are over the cap now. Still need breakdown of Colquitt's contract, so that number's going higher.
I expect Cassel to be cut and Tyson to restructure or be cut any day now.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow. I almost posted yesterday about paying a punter being NBD as long as you have the cap space, which I thought they had. That signing looks awful now that I am better informed.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Wow. I almost posted yesterday about paying a punter being NBD as long as you have the cap space, which I thought they had. That signing looks awful now that I am better informed.
They could save 21 million by cutting Cassel and Tyson Jackson.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Cassel is all but gone at this point. Tyson Jackson? Well, that depends. If he's willing to restructure, great. If not, he's gone too. No way they're paying him $17m this year.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

I'd just go:

Cut Tyson Jackson -14.25M
Cut Matt Cassel -5.88M
Cut Andy Studebaker -2.06M

Save 22.19M right there. Tyson can walk. The production of all three could be replaced for a total of 5 mil first year cap in free agency. Of course, draft picks would be even better.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That is probably what they're going to do, though I'd like to keep Andy Studebaker. Kind of a favorite of mine. Nothing special, but good ST player and good LB depth along the group.

As far as Tyson, I'd probably restructure him instead of outright releasing him. Yeah he's bad, but he's solid against the run and looked like he might have started to turn a corner last year (he probably wasn't). I think there is still a little value there, but I'd be giving him like 3 mil a year, if that.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is allen bailey? better or worse than Jackson?

I loved both of them so much as 5 techs
Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
How is allen bailey? better or worse than Jackson?

I loved both of them so much as 5 techs
He's done a really good job of riding the bench and being hurt, so...no one knows.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bailey doesn't look very promising.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Ummm this needs to be done yesterday. Amazes me that a team who drafts 3-4 lineman so high still has needs there lol. Typically if you have the NT you need you can get starters in the middle of the draft there. Maybe they should see what Canty wants and stop drafting so many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bailey looked good as a rookie, but looked like he lost a lot of burst in year two.

And who gets starters at DE for their 3-4 in the middle of the draft? lol

You might get one or two here or there, but teams generally have to spend first and second rounders to get legit 3-4 DEs.

Last edited by nepg : 03-05-2013 at 01:04 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cutting a player doesn't just eliminate his entire cap number. You're not taking into account the penalties for their signing bonuses and prior restructures that gave them other guaranteed money.

Cutting Will Smith would only save 5.7M.

Cutting Vilma only saves 5.98M.

Cutting Harper only saves 3.6M.

Total: 15.28M. About half of what you'd hoped.
Going back to this, I dont know why we havent done anything but "talk" to these guys yet. We can be 14 mil under the cap with these savings, and look to pay Bushrod (or his replacement) and a quality defender.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Going back to this, I dont know why we havent done anything but "talk" to these guys yet. We can be 14 mil under the cap with these savings, and look to pay Bushrod (or his replacement) and a quality defender.
There's really no benefit to doing it early unless there's a roster bonus deadline approaching. No biggie. They'll get around to it. A lot of teams are waiting, including my Bears who have some obvious cuts coming.

On a pleasant note, turns out Will Smith has a voidable year built in to his contract that I didn't know about, so cutting him would actually save 7.76M this year. The rest comes next year.

On a not-so-pleasant note, it turns out some of Harper's base salary is guaranteed, too, so cutting him would only save 1 million instead of the 3.6M I thought.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Tyson Jackson restructured. He will stay a Chief. Details aren't out yet.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He was a knucklehead when he first came into the league, but he hasn't displayed any attitude issues in quite a few years. I can't speak to the being lazy thing, but I haven't heard anything about that.
This. I'd challenge bearsfan or anyone else to find a specific incident where the guy was called lazy by a teammate or coaches since his first year or two in the league. Knocks like this bug me because people are so vague in these excuses. If you have a specific one to explain why you think he's overpaid, then fine, but to say he's notoriously lazy seems overstated IMO. Any way you look at it, this was a BIG TIME steal for KC. He could've gotten way more on the open market for his talent-level and production with the crap he's had throwing to him his entire career.

I now despise KC and everyone involved because now the Dolphins will grossly overpay Mike Wallace, probably somewhere in the 5yr, $62-$66 million price range. Thanks a lot guys!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The rumor is that the Chiefs saved about $12m by restructuring Tyson Jackson today. Damn. And we'll be getting more when Cassel is cut.

Last edited by vidae : 03-05-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Tyson Jackson restructured. He will stay a Chief. Details aren't out yet.
He's pulling down $2k a month but has to stay after home games and sweep the stands and hose down the pee troughs
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach, View Post
Go Seahawks!!
You ain't got half o' my swag.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, did some create a fake Monomach account?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
lol, did some create a fake Monomach account?
Either that or it's my evil twin. He should have drawn a goatee on Yogi's face.