Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-05-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
So finally what about Geno Smith or whoever you like at the QB position. Right now Alex Smith only has a cap number of 8.5 Mil so him and Geno together isn't even a top 10 QB money. Plus a big selling point could be how he mentored Colin Kaepernick we could see Geno sit a year and take over in year 2 then Alex becomes a free agent.
Another reason why the Chiefs should not be done at the QB position. As it stands right now, Alex Smith is only under contract for 2 years. And he'll be 29 in May. Is not a stranger to injury or mediocre play. But is said to be a very good teammate and mentor type. IMO, the Chiefs should still be in the QB market.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
He's 28 years old not 30.
Oh...my bad. Then the signing makes more sense. I could have sworn I heard someone say or write he was already 30 years old.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Another reason why the Chiefs should not be done at the QB position. As it stands right now, Alex Smith is only under contract for 2 years. And he'll be 29 in May. Is not a stranger to injury or mediocre play. But is said to be a very good teammate and mentor type. IMO, the Chiefs should still be in the QB market.
Makes NO sense whatsoever. After the nightmare than was Smith mentoring Kaepernick which resulted in him losing his job with his concussion as an excuse, what makes you think he would want to take on the pressure of mentoring the overall #1 pick in the draft?

I agree they could add a young QB, just not with the #1 pick overall.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Makes NO sense whatsoever. After the nightmare than was Smith mentoring Kaepernick which resulted in him losing his job with his concussion as an excuse, what makes you think he would want to take on the pressure of mentoring the overall #1 pick in the draft?

He's a professional, and he'll have no choice. If the #1 pick is Geno (it won't be) and he takes the job the second year, what is Alex Smith gunna do? Pout and not help out a teammate? Does that sound like the Alex Smith that you've heard about?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post

I'm just stating what I'd do if I were the Chiefs. Alex Smith is still under contract for 2 more seasons. If the Chiefs were to draft a QB at 1/1 or whatever, he could be like Farve and refuse to help the kid. But, from I've heard, that's not in his character makeup.

And I'll state again, if Reid and Dorsey have a QB ranked as their top 10 players or so, I definitely think QB at 1/1 should be a strong consideration. For all the reasons I've already stated.

But, if it makes you feel better, knowing this franchise like I do, there's about a 99.99% chance they won't do that even if they had Geno or whoever in their top 10. But that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be the right move.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs Breaking News: Tyson Jackson redid his contract. He will remain with the Chiefs in 2013.

that will make Star L. less likely at #1.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Tyson Jackson just restructured, so maybe DL won't be a need anymore either if they sign someone in FA.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet. I don't mind him staying but not for the insane amount of money he was going to be getting.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping he'd get cut actually. He was a sleeper FA of mine. People are so caught up in the fact that he was way overdrafted and paid that they forgot that he's still a decent run stuffer for the right price.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was hoping he'd get cut actually. He was a sleeper FA of mine. People are so caught up in the fact that he was way overdrafted and paid that they forgot that he's still a decent run stuffer for the right price.
Yeah, he's good against the run and he opens up Tamba/JHou a bit. He was severely overdrafted and overpaid, but I'm glad they're bringing him back. He wasn't a total bust.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
Holy F. Who the hell are they going to take now???

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, he's good against the run and he opens up Tamba/JHou a bit. He was severely overdrafted and overpaid, but I'm glad they're bringing him back. He wasn't a total bust.
The pushing and shoving after every play needs to end though.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Holy F. Who the hell are they going to take now???
No idea. It depends on FA. If they sign another 3-4 DE and a CB, no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The pushing and shoving after every play needs to end though.
Yeah, I'm getting sick of that too.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think signing Jackson to a more reasonable contract changes anything at #1 from where they were yesterday.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid is pretty much saying he thinks he can win with with last years team + Alex Smith.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey gave an interview today with radio station 810WHB.

some things he said:
1. Chiefs have had preliminary discussions with other teams about trading the #1 overall pick.

2. Albert is the chiefs starting LT.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
Dorsey gave an interview today with radio station 810WHB.

some things he said:
1. Chiefs have had preliminary discussions with other teams about trading the #1 overall pick.

2. Albert is the chiefs starting LT.
I say at least five of the top ten picks are involved in trades this year. The top of the draft is going to be unrecognizable from what it is now.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
I say at least five of the top ten picks are involved in trades this year. The top of the draft is going to be unrecognizable from what it is now.
I will say that 2 at the most happen. You talk like trading down is easy.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say 0 trades are much more likely than 5. More likely than 3 even.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see them trading the pick if they lower the price a bit. I just don't see a "Luck/RG3 guy" worth trading up for. After re-signing all these players, it looks like trading their pick is the most ideal situation.

That's my 2 cents from a Niner fan anyways.....
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Yeah, the Draft Value Chart is out the window at the top of this year's draft. I can see teams trading a high pick for half it's draft chart value. Plus if you have one spot traded in the top 10, that usually means two. More likelyhood of trades up or down a few spots as teams jockey for players or picks, than someone coming out of nowhere to acquire a top 10 pick.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just curious what everyone thinks: If you are going to trade up to #1 (with the Chiefs), who are you drafting?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm just curious what everyone thinks: If you are going to trade up to #1 (with the Chiefs), who are you drafting?
Quarterback. Whichever one you like best. Probably Smith, possibly Barkley, longshot Manuel.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my previous post, I mentioned that the Cardinals would make some sense. The top two tackles will probably be gone by their pick and they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, unless they want to pick Smith or Barkley, which they could. I also agree that the Chiefs would not get good value for that pick, but they might need to do it anyway. A first, second and next year's second is a reasonable trade.
The Browns should not make this trade, is Dion Jordan that much better than Ziggy Ansah or Barkevious Mingo that they have to make a huge trade?
The Lions are not the type to trade up, they will rather take whoever falls to them, and they are in a good position anyway.
The Bills are definitely a wild card to move up for a quarterback, so keep an eye on them.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

I think what teams do in regard to tradeup is to go to wherever they have a particular target rated on their own board. Start out offering the team at that spot. If they aren't interested, you make the same offer to the next team on the list and so on.

E.G. if a team has Geno Smith ranked as the overall top prospect on their board, they make the best offer they can to the team with the first overall pick. If they think that team is willing to trade.