Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shawne Merriman announces retirement

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...is-nfl-career/

Quote:
Shawne Merriman, who burst onto the scene eight years ago as one of the NFL’s most feared pass rushers but saw his status as an elite player fall apart just as quickly, has announced his retirement at the age of 28.

“After a lengthy discussion with my agent, family and team, I have officially decided to put in my retirement papers today,” Merriman wrote on his personal website. “My retirement from the game I love so much and from the game that has brought me so many opportunities on and off the field has been decided with great thought for my future on and off the field. I retire today not because I don’t feel I can go out there and still play the game at a very high level, I am retiring because I want to retire on my own terms and leave while I know I can still physically play the game.”
I remember his rookie year he put Willie Roaf on his ass on his way to crushing Trent Green. I thought to myself "Holy **** we are going to have to deal with this guy for the next 10 years."

It's crazy how it all ended up playing out for him.