Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-28-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
21. Washington Redskins – Eric Reid* /S/LSU:
Reid’s stock is not up right now but with a good combine showing, he should start getting that buzz going again. NFL comp. William Moore
*previous Phillip Thomas

23. Washington Redskins – Blidi Wreh-Wilson /CB/ UConn:
Mixed views on Blidi but with his size/speed he could see the 3rd round.
NFL Comp Corey Webster
*previous Nickell Roby

22. Washington Redskins - Xavier Nixon /OT/ Florida:
Mostly held his own at senior week practices. Helps on the right side.
*previous Andre Ellington

21. Washington Redskins – Steve Williams /CB/ California:
Blazing run at Indianapolis has put him on the map.

29. Washington Redskins – Levine Toilolo* /TE/ Stanford:
Fred Davis is probably headed elsewhere.
I'm personally just not a fan of Eric Reid. I don't understand the hype with him. We struggled so much in coverage last year I just can't imagine taking a guy like Reid who struggles so much in space. Additionally, Shanahan simply doesn't draft true juniors. Since 2005, Shanahan has only taken 1 true junior in the draft which was Jarvis Moss back in 2007. Would be tough to pass on Patton but if we stuck with DB there are a lot of guys I like better than Reid on your board at that pick. Wreh Wilson however is a very solid pick in the 3rd. Nixon isn't a bad pick but man I'd hate to pass on both Thomas's, Swearinger, and Rambo at that point. I honestly don't know much about Williams or Toilolo.

Last edited by DiG : 02-28-2013 at 08:19 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Would be a great choice there, but Seattle owns this pick.
thanks. Fixed

Almost went OT at #3 for the same reasons as Jaguars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
I'm personally just not a fan of Eric Reid. I don't understand the hype with him. We struggled so much in coverage last year I just can't imagine taking a guy like Reid who struggles so much in space. Additionally, Shanahan simply doesn't draft true juniors. Since 2005, Shanahan has only taken 1 true junior in the draft which was Jarvis Moss back in 2007. Would be tough to pass on Patton but if we stuck with DB there are a lot of guys I like better than Reid on your board at that pick. Wreh Wilson however is a very solid pick in the 3rd. Nixon isn't a bad pick but man I'd hate to pass on both Thomas's, Swearinger, and Rambo at that point. I honestly don't know much about Williams or Toilolo.
Seems Reid is a love him or hate type guy. Mayock is good on scouting DBs and had him #4 before the combine, where he probably improved his stock some.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldo View Post
I think that is a dreadful Miami draft.

Tavon Austin in the 1st at 12 is a reach, maybe in the early 20's he would be ok, but not that early. if Werner, Mingo or Ansah were there at 12, either in that order would be my 1st pick.

Jamar Taylor in the 2nd round - not over Banks, Ertz, Amerson or Armstead.

Pugh with our 2nd pick - it probably fills a need but I think Barrett Jones is a better all round lineman.

McDonald in the 3rd - not over Wreh Wilson, Ryan Swope or Margus Hunt.
Winters in the 3rd is avarage, hodges in the 4th I like, & Williams in the 5th is ok.

Werner
Banks/Ertz
Jones
Swope
Hunt
Hodges
Williams
I went Austin over Patterson because I think Tavon's a sure thing. Patterson has the monster upside but a good amount of bust potential. Although he's primarily a WR, Austin's ability as a RB, even at his size, is overlooked. That's why I think his best compare is Sproles. He could see as much work in the backfield as Danny Woodhead.

Jamar Taylor is higher then I'd like but I've read good things about him and he was regarded in some places as a 2nd/3rd pick even before having a great combine.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seems Reid is a love him or hate type guy. Mayock is good on scouting DBs and had him #4 before the combine, where he probably improved his stock some.
Yea I know some people seem to like him. Just doesnt seem like a fit for what we need or the kind of player Shanahan typically likes.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst SF draft ever written!!!! Horrible!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Yea I know some people seem to like him. Just doesnt seem like a fit for what we need or the kind of player Shanahan typically likes.
Better fit?

21. Washington Redskins – David Amerson*/S/NC State:
First rounder as a junior and a late round guy as a senior. He’ll fair better as a safety.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting point on J. Jones taking the money, feeling secure and then feeling like once he is financially set worrying about his health and potentially calling it a career... Makes sense. The pick makes sense, but that is certainly scary...
Nothing I like about the Manual trade, I dont like his fit in Marrone's offense, and shrinking in big moments isnt enticing either, running QB's certainly are en vougue right now, but still have only seen QB's who can pass winning super bowls. Manuals inability to see the field and make smart decisions worry me as well, Nassib was successful in large part in Marrone's offense because he was able to make quick smart decisions, and I think that is what Marrone is looking for, a guy who can make good/quick decisions (not saying it has to be Nassib), not an athlete who can run. I would think Barkley, Nassib, Wilson are all better fits, IMO.
Not a big fan of the Sauders pick, they are looking to move Stevie inside and find a bigger perimeter #1 or #2 type of reciever. Mauti is alright and could fit, not exciting really in that I think their are FA options that are better.
Bad Bills mock overall IMO.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Interesting point on J. Jones taking the money, feeling secure and then feeling like once he is financially set worrying about his health and potentially calling it a career... Makes sense. The pick makes sense, but that is certainly scary...
Nothing I like about the Manual trade, I dont like his fit in Marrone's offense, and shrinking in big moments isnt enticing either, running QB's certainly are en vougue right now, but still have only seen QB's who can pass winning super bowls. Manuals inability to see the field and make smart decisions worry me as well, Nassib was successful in large part in Marrone's offense because he was able to make quick smart decisions, and I think that is what Marrone is looking for, a guy who can make good/quick decisions (not saying it has to be Nassib), not an athlete who can run. I would think Barkley, Nassib, Wilson are all better fits, IMO.
Not a big fan of the Sauders pick, they are looking to move Stevie inside and find a bigger perimeter #1 or #2 type of reciever. Mauti is alright and could fit, not exciting really in that I think their are FA options that are better.
Bad Bills mock overall IMO.
But are you sure they're looking for a QB to come in and play right away? In all this I think Fitz is getting a lot of flack. I know I've read rumors he might be cut but I think he could be good in Marrone's offense-at least as a bridge type. In that case, why not go with the higher upside guy? No question, Manuel would not be ready to play from the jump, so if that's what they're going for, the others would definitely be better.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-06-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Lions draft make me very happy in my pants. If that really happened I would cry milky tears from my fireman.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
causticon
Rookie

causticon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would kill something or somebody if Denver took Warford in the first round.
causticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But are you sure they're looking for a QB to come in and play right away? In all this I think Fitz is getting a lot of flack. I know I've read rumors he might be cut but I think he could be good in Marrone's offense-at least as a bridge type. In that case, why not go with the higher upside guy? No question, Manuel would not be ready to play from the jump, so if that's what they're going for, the others would definitely be better.
That I am not sure of, I would think that at this point Fitz has proved he is not the franchise guy, they brought in a elite level QB coach last year and he regressed. I personally would love to keep him as a back up at a reduced cost. Nix said today?, yesterday?, recently that they are working on the Levitre and Fitz situations. Regardless, there is a new staff coming and taking a QB to sit him just further hampers the progress of the franchise IMO. Could they use Fitz as a bridge? Absolutely, but I dont see the point, as again IMO that would just set them back a year potentially, throw the new guy in the fire and see if you have ash or steel. I dont blame Fitz, he's a good back up, who caught fire and had a multi-million dollar deal put infront of him, and took it. He's from Harvard, smart guy, who wouldnt, Nix and Co. rolled the dice and would have had to pay him more if he produced at that rate for the season, hedged their bets and now have to decide; bite the bullet now? cut him and move on, get him to restructure his deal and compete/back up, or see if this staff can fix him.... Management made their own bed...
I live in the VB area now, saw Manual play in H.S. and have followed his progression at F.S.U. and am not impressed, similarly I like T. Boyd much more along those lines. Manual to me is a system specific QB right now, and that system has to be a simple one, one maybe.... two reads then run (which is why I like him to the Eagles right now, much for the reasons you like him to the Bills). His upside is certainly good when you consider his physical measurables, but I think he is a major project mentally in most NFL systems. Reminds me too much in the mental understanding of the game department and physical ability of Vince Young. I dont see his fit with the Marrone/Hackett offense short term or long term, unless his decision making and understanding of complex offenses is better than I think.