Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, comparing pass rushers to offensive tackles is ridiculous. You don't rotate offensive linemen.

The Chiefs would miss out on key guys (the corners and receivers) that would help them if they traded with the Rams, though there is a chance Sheldon Richardson is there for them. There was some talk of swapping picks with New York to get Revis. #12 would be a pretty good spot for the Chiefs to pick, especially if they pick up a guy like Revis.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, comparing pass rushers to offensive tackles is ridiculous. You don't rotate offensive linemen.

The Chiefs would miss out on key guys (the corners and receivers) that would help them if they traded with the Rams, though there is a chance Sheldon Richardson is there for them. There was some talk of swapping picks with New York to get Revis. #12 would be a pretty good spot for the Chiefs to pick, especially if they pick up a guy like Revis.
Interesting, so the Jets would take...Geno? I feel like if the Jets traded Revis and moved up to #1 they would be in the same spot as the Chiefs. They could go QB but they already have a guy on the roster that they are delusional about, they could go OT but they already have a top notch LT, they have young talent on the DL, and trading Revis to take a corner #1 would be idiotic. I guess they could look at an edge rusher but QB would still make the most sense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs won't be able to afford Revis, and even if they could, I'd have trouble paying him what he wants to then have to renegotiate in a year or two. I'm kinda tired of his crap, and I'm not even a Jets fan.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally I would select either Star (if he checks out fine) or Milliner (even if no CB has ever gone #1) at #1. No LT please unless they trade Albert IMO.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Interesting, so the Jets would take...Geno? I feel like if the Jets traded Revis and moved up to #1 they would be in the same spot as the Chiefs. They could go QB but they already have a guy on the roster that they are delusional about, they could go OT but they already have a top notch LT, they have young talent on the DL, and trading Revis to take a corner #1 would be idiotic. I guess they could look at an edge rusher but QB would still make the most sense.
I don't think anyone in management still thinks Sanchez is the answer. They just can't cut him because it costs more against the cap than keeping him.

Yeah, QB makes sense. I think they'd love Geno. They're not getting to #1 with Revis, though. The budget in KC is too tight for that.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Rams will give up 16/22/their 2nd. I have spoken.
Like hell we are...Sorry, but you guys are stuck with the "Old Maid" pick.

Enjoy!!
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Like hell we are...Sorry, but you guys are stuck with the "Old Maid" pick.

Enjoy!!
I don't think you understand.

Vidae has spoken. VIDAE. HAS. SPOKEN.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
tjjohnson98
Rookie

tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most of the Chiefs starters are set at this point.

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Jammal Charles
TE: Tony Moeaki
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Dexter McCluster
WR: Jonathan Baldwin
LT: Brandon Albert
LG: Jeff Allen
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Jon Asamoah
RT: Eric Winston

DE: Tyson Jackson
NT: Dontari Poe
DE: Ropati Pitoitua
OLB: Tamba Hali
ILB: Derrick Johnson
ILB: -
OLB: Justin Houston
CB: Brandon Flowers
SS: Eric Berry
FS: Kendrick Lewis
CB: Javier Arenas

They need a nasty bruiser next to Derrick Johnson. Brandon Siler would suffice if they bring him back, or even Bart Scott could be a decent short-term fix. They need more competition at WR, they need a backup C/G, they need more competition at CB and S, and they need someone to go with Charles.
Pretty sure Pitoitua is not under contract for 2013. I think that makes it somewhat more likely for DL to be in play if they don't trade down. Ultimately, I think they do trade down, but it will be for quite a bit less than what #1 has been dealt for in past years. Sounds like they want to trade down BADLY. I have to admit, I have a bit of an aversion to 1st round DL after the last couple of decades as a Chiefs fan, so I'd be very happy if we weren't forced into taking Star, even if he is a good player.

I also think there are enough decent FA options at CB that we will end up signing someone there.

Last edited by tjjohnson98 : 03-06-2013 at 01:30 PM.
tjjohnson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitoitua is a RFA. The lowest tender amount is $1.26 million which is reasonable. A 2nd round tender value is just under $2 million, but I doubt they do that.

Sutton should be familiar with Pitoitua from his time with the Jets.

Last edited by findthedr : 03-06-2013 at 02:08 PM.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Rams will give up 16/22/their 2nd. I have spoken.
I'd say two of those picks are possible 16 and 22 or 16 and the 2nd could easily be in play specially if the can work their way to get Danny back.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I'd say two of those picks are possible 16 and 22 or 16 and the 2nd could easily be in play specially if the can work their way to get Danny back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I don't think you understand.

Vidae has spoken. VIDAE. HAS. SPOKEN.
Listen to Monomach.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
Pitoitua is a RFA. The lowest tender amount is $1.26 million which is reasonable. A 2nd round tender value is just under $2 million, but I doubt they do that.

Sutton should be familiar with Pitoitua from his time with the Jets.
He's a replacement level talent. Solid reserve 3-4 lineman but that's it. Chiefs should take Sharif Floyd IMO
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What? Pitoitua was probably their best lineman in 2012. He turned into a pretty solid 3-4 DE for the Chiefs.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? Pitoitua was probably their best lineman in 2012. He turned into a pretty solid 3-4 DE for the Chiefs.
Really? That's just sad. He was cut by the Jets you know
Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Really? That's just sad. He was cut by the Jets you know
It's not sad. He was bad with the Jets, but developed a great deal under Crennel & Co. I was surprised how good he ended up being. He looked terrible early on (training camp, pre-season), but just kept getting better as the season went along. I was down on the guy for a long time, but he proved himself.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
He's a replacement level talent. Solid reserve 3-4 lineman but that's it. Chiefs should take Sharif Floyd IMO
It wouldn't surprise me if they drafted Floyd, Reid has always had a small penetrating DT in Philly.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Cut Eric Winston. So stupid. The Chiefs deserve to go 0-16 for that. Throws the door wide open for an OT at #1, though.

This is just the opposite of the right way to build a football team. You don't cut your best lineman to save 700k. So goddamned dumb it makes my brain sore.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god. So much for the "Eric Winston was our best lineman last year, best RT in the league, no way we take Joeckel". Have fun in Kansas City Luke
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So.much.anger.right.now!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's almost like giving a good player away. You couldn't trade him for a 6th rounder? Even if I wanted a tackle I'd have kept Winston on the team and let it work itself out. They may have had to slightly reach on another position but at least they would be upgrading two spots by doing that where as now they are just going to get hopefully an upgrade in 1 spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Just a stupid move. There is no way to justify this. No way at all.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One day I'm gonna read through this thread and lolz the day away. Joeckel/Fisher it is.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutting Eric Winston is rather surprising. Did not see that one coming. Guess that puts OT back in play unless they watched film and believe in Donald Stephenson. If they do go OT, I think Eric Fisher has a bit more field strength that Joeckel and could better play the right side.

If they do go OT at 1/1, I still see it as the same waste I saw letting Albert go to replace him with Joeckel. You get better by keeping your good/established players and adding to what you already have. Winston was only 30 and only 1 year into a 4 year $22 million dollar deal. I just don't get it.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm confused by cutting Winston. the Chiefs are making move that contradict each other. they trade for a QB that is at best a game manager. he doesnt make the big mistake to cost you the game. just my opinion, but that hasnt been Rieds style this point. although it fits more of what the Chiefs are currently built to do, run the ball and play defense. we franchise our LT which is fine and then cut our RT, our best run blocker, and it doesnt gain us much in cap room. getting rid of Winston, a liability in pass protection, is a Reid type move. we are gunna throw it 60+% and we need a RT thats more suited for that. i really dont know how Alex Smith fits in that scheme.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Wowowowow KC is like Bizarro world. Cut Winston to save 700k but franchise tag Albert and sign your punter to a 20mil deal. And 56mil for Bowe! What in the world is going on over there? Did Winston get into a fist fight with the new GM? I guess Joeckel is back to being the favorite for the #1 pick O.O