Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On Twitter, someone asked Albert if he's willing to move to RT. "Nope" was the reply. Asked to clarify whether he's saying that he is strictly a LT, Albert said "You damn right."
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take Joeckel opr Fisher at 1 I am done with the Chiefs.that is not the best way to use you #1 pick
Old 03-06-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best run blocker on the OL and he only gave up 3 sacks all season. Do want on Bears pls.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing that Stephenson will be the starting RT.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
I'm guessing Eric Fisher will be the starting RT.
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanted him on the Jets last year, get another crack at him but we'd have to trade Revis and restructure some contracts to be able to fit him in
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Wanted him on the Jets last year, get another crack at him but we'd have to trade Revis and restructure some contracts to be able to fit him in
You guys already found your RT. Austin Howard may not have been as good as Eric Winston, but he was a little bit above average and costs about 1/3 as much on an RFA tender.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stephenson is not a RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'm guessing Eric Fisher will be the starting RT.
That is my guess too. 1st overall on a RT. Woo.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys already found your RT. Austin Howard may not have been as good as Eric Winston, but he was a little bit above average and costs about 1/3 as much on an RFA tender.
Austin Howard is a great run blocker. But he was the worst pass-protecting RT in the league last year. Not exactly what I'd call finding our RT. Winston please.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

the 1 overall pick could play RT year 1 and LT year 2. Do you honestly believe the Chiefs are gonna sign Albert long term?

at the rate these moves are happening, Albert might not even be on this year's roster. He has until July to sign his tag.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not that bad when you'll have Von Miller coming from the right side. There are so many teams investing in two edge rushers to counter today's passing league that it's wise to have two quality OTs to protect the QB. And if anything happens to Albert again, you can move Joeckel to LT. The Broncos might do the same thing this year. Don't be surprised if they go RT in the 1st round and move Orlando Franklin to RG.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
the 1 overall pick could play RT year 1 and LT year 2. Do you honestly believe the Chiefs are gonna sign Albert long term?

at the rate these moves are happening, Albert might not even be on this year's roster. He has until July to sign his tag.
Yes, I expect Albert to sign here long term. There is no reason for him not to.

You don't create holes on your team. The Chiefs did just that. And Joeckel isn't a RT, so it would be Fisher.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i'm confused by cutting Winston. .

the word out of Houston was that he was more interested in his radio shows than his football career. I don't know if that exactly is true but he is extremely media friendly and is an easy target for quotes. Couple that with his kinda big salary and age and injuries... and the best 2 players in the draft might be OT...

a 1 overall pick that plays RT year 1 and LT year 2 does more for the chiefs (in the short term) than Geno Smith sitting the bench for 1-2 years (or more). Plus he's graded like a late first at best not a top overall pick.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Austin Howard is a great run blocker. But he was the worst pass-protecting RT in the league last year. Not exactly what I'd call finding our RT. Winston please.
No, he wasn't. I know this without looking up the stats because I remember that Gabe Carimi was credited for giving up more pressures in three weeks than Howard did all season, and Carimi only started 11 games at tackle. -_-
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
And Joeckel isn't a RT, so it would be Fisher.
whoever doesn't go 1 goes 2. that's the way this mock shaping up. 2 tackles at the top, take youre pick.

Both will be v v good for a long time. Fisher has more athletic upside but Joeckel is one of the few to be both all SEC and all big 12. the good old boys in the league love that. If they go Fisher over Joeckel that's completely justifiable, he's a really great player. Both of those guys are arguably better picks than any QB, LB, DL, CB or whatever else in this draft. they are definitely safer picks.

vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
a 1 overall pick that plays RT year 1 and LT year 2 does more for the chiefs (in the short term) than Geno Smith sitting the bench for 1-2 years (or more). Plus he's graded like a late first at best not a top overall pick.
Except, you know, QB being the most important position in pro sports while OT wouldn't even make the top 5.

Except that.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Best run blocker on the OL and he only gave up 3 sacks all season. Do want on Bears pls.
dont misconstrue what i said. he played great for us last year. he is much better at run blocking than pass blocking. that isnt debatable. he would be a good fit on the Bears, but dont be fooled by his stats. i watched every game and he may have only given up 3 sacks, but he gave up alot of pressures
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
dont misconstrue what i said. he played great for us last year. he is much better at run blocking than pass blocking. that isnt debatable. he would be a good fit on the Bears, but dont be fooled by his stats. i watched every game and he may have only given up 3 sacks, but he gave up alot of pressures
Winston wasn't GREAT, but he was a very good RT. Trouble in pass protection, but everyone knew that about him.

Even having said that, this is still a stupid move. Just a very stupid move.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well the $700k cap figure was incorrect. The Chiefs are saving $3.5m against the cap with this move. Yipee ******* skipee.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is the most important position and the Chiefs just made a considerable investment in Alex Smith. Now they're building the team around him. #1 WR signed, franchise tag for one of the OTs. They want a better OL to give Smith the best chance to be successful and a better OL also helps J. Charles who is a huge part of the offense. If Joeckel is the best player on their board then it's the right pick. He can start immediately. The Ravens have a 1st round pick playing RT. They stopped the Broncos' pass rush from both sides, Flacco had time to burn the secondary, the Ravens won the game and won the Super Bowl.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Joeckel isn't a RT and Albert isn't moving. Fisher makes a hell of a lot more sense than Joeckel #1.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stephenson is not a RT.
why do you say that? Although there were concerns about his strength during the draft, he displayed run blocking ability during the yr.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Joeckel isn't a RT and Albert isn't moving. Fisher makes a hell of a lot more sense than Joeckel #1.
I agree Fisher looks like he would be a better RT. i wonder why they cut him. I thought he played pretty good last yr
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
why do you say that? Although there were concerns about his strength during the draft, he displayed run blocking ability during the yr.
I saw Stephenson as more of a finesse player. I didn't see the strength and push to play at a high level on the right side. That said, he would probably be a more versatile on the right side, being that he's already better at pass pro than Winston, but I don't see a good fit there.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong here, just kinda what I saw in games.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Quote:
It's possible. I also think Lane Johnson is very impressive and he might have the quickest feet and higher upside (maybe similar to Ryan Clady in 2008 versus Jake Long). Johnson probably is a finesse OT for a ZBS at this point, but he should be in the conversation if a front office wants to debate who'll be the best OT by the end of the rookie contract.