Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Did you just come at my list with Whalen, Baldwin, Owusus, and Stewart???

Oh c'mon now - don't humiliate yourself like this man. FSU has rotational offense that features close to 7-8 players on any night. In that list - I didn't even include 6'6 Senior Rodney Smith who will be drafted this year.

I didn't know we were allowed to hype 5 or 6th rnd players.
What "5 or 6th rnd player" did I hype? I said they were on NFL rosters which is a fact. You are the one hyping Rodney Smith who failed to be selected for the Senior Bowl or Combine and doesn't appear in Scott's WR rankings. Rodney Smith < Coby Fleener, Chris Owuso, Zack Ertz, Doug Baldwin and Ryan Whalen. What were you saying about humiliating one's self?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Yea, Fleener, DeCastro and Martin looked terrific this year...
UM, they looked great in college when the played with Luck, so great that they were drafted very high. In case you forgot, we were discussing the offensive talent that Luck played with in college. Try to stay on point.

Oh, and by the way, did you know that Luck and Fleener currently play on the same NFL team? So, Luck made him in college and unmade him in the pros??

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-05-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
The argument was over when you mentioned Chris owusu and ryan whalen
Right, I mentioned three NFL receivers, one of which let an NFL team in receiving as a rookie, and you mention no one. Yeah, you really won that round.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I'd just like to point out how hilarious, and also sad, it is that so many people still don't comprehend the difference between completion % and accuracy. I cry a little every time I laugh at these people.

Completion % doesn't factor in ball placement, which is the only way to accurately assess a guy's actual accuracy throwing the football.
Completion percentage tells a story. A high completion percentage could mean that a guy is smart, that he's accurate, that he checks down all the time, that he runs a high-percentage offense, etc. A poor completion percentage could mean that he's not accurate, that he doesn't put touch on his passes, that he makes bad decisions, or that he plays in a low-percentage vertical offense.

Time after time, we see that a low completion percentage should be regarded as a MAJOR red flag. A high completion percentage, though, doesn't necessarily mean anything. It could just mean that you're Mike Leach's QB.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Completion percentage tells a story. A high completion percentage could mean that a guy is smart, that he's accurate, that he checks down all the time, that he runs a high-percentage offense, etc. A poor completion percentage could mean that he's not accurate, that he doesn't put touch on his passes, that he makes bad decisions, or that he plays in a low-percentage vertical offense.

Time after time, we see that a low completion percentage should be regarded as a MAJOR red flag. A high completion percentage, though, doesn't necessarily mean anything. It could just mean that you're Mike Leach's QB.
Except that Manuel played primarily in a pro style drop back pocket passer offense. FSU offense was one of the less junky college passing systems for sure. Pretty close to Stanford's.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Except that Manuel played primarily in a pro style drop back pocket passer offense. FSU offense was one of the less junky college passing systems for sure. Pretty close to Stanford's.
Yeah, I didn't mention FSU or Stanford. I don't care about this debate, I was just riffing off of Abaddon's post.

Last edited by WCH : 03-05-2013 at 11:25 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Yeah, I didn't mention FSU or Stanford. I don't care about this debate, I was just riffing off of Abaddon's post.
I know, I'm just saying that Manuel's 67% college career accuracy rating was pretty legit. Not inflated by trickery or dink and dunk passing.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ej Manuel actually completed 73% of his passes in the 7-20 yard pass attempt range. That's best among all qb prospects. While there are some consistency concerns I see him as a qb with great upside in the right situation. Still think he needs to sit a year.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Ej Manuel actually completed 73% of his passes in the 7-20 yard pass attempt range. That's best among all qb prospects. While there are some consistency concerns I see him as a qb with great upside in the right situation. Still think he needs to sit a year.
I would agree that he could benefit from sitting and that the upside is there. I said this about Kaepernick two years ago and got booed off stage. What happened to all the grave concerns about his throwing motion???

Manuel has a ton up upside not only because of his physical skills. It's his intelligence, character and work ethic combined with his physical skills.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

EJ Manuel is in the top-3 QB prospects along with Geno Smith and Landry Jones. After those 3 there is a steep drop to the rest of the prospects.

I wouldn't mind picking Manuel with a pick as high as the late 1st.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
EJ Manuel is in the top-3 QB prospects along with Geno Smith and Landry Jones. After those 3 there is a steep drop to the rest of the prospects.

I'd take Barkley before Landry Jones.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I'd take Barkley before Landry Jones.
I'd take any other QB in the draft before Landry Jones...and Manuel.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is full of more fail than I've seen in a while. More people should know about it. So entertaining.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really temped to say I like EJ Manuel better than Geno Smith.

Oops. I did.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post

It is Smith and his ranking would be 25-32 but he'll go higher out of necessity.

Barkley - 2nd round talent but could go late round 1 out of need.

The rest: Glennon, Nassib, Jones, Wilson and Manuel are all 3rd round talents although 1 or 2 could sneak into round 2 because of desperation.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel didn't rise or fall for me. I still have him right where he was...everyone already knew what he was as an athlete. He didn't do anything special.

Still behind just about everyone of note...
Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Bray, Nassib...Manuel might be the 6th or 7th guy for me depending on how I ultimately feel about taking a chance on Tyler Wilson's health.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

It's not just Manuel's athleticism that makes him a good prospect. He had excellant numbers in college, won a lot of games, and won four bowl games in four years there. Plus he was an All Academic selection a few times. It's hard to find a reason that he wouldn't succeed at the next level.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not just Manuel's athleticism that makes him a good prospect. He had excellant numbers in college, won a lot of games, and won four bowl games in four years there. Plus he was an All Academic selection a few times. It's hard to find a reason that he wouldn't succeed at the next level.
He should get drafted in round 3 or 4, he is terribly inconsistent as a passer and his accuracy is very questionable but he is a very physical athletic QB and that will intrigue a few teams.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
He should get drafted in round 3 or 4, he is terribly inconsistent as a passer and his accuracy is very questionable but he is a very physical athletic QB and that will intrigue a few teams.
What exactly is "inconsistent"? Outside of a term you read in a scouting report somewhere. He completed 67% of his passes at FSU. Won 80% of the games he started. Won four bowl games, and was named MVP in two of them. Seems like the soul of consistency to me. If you have to offer an opinion don't just parrot a thousand others who said something similar about a guy. No one learns anything from that. We can all read.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What exactly is "inconsistent"? Outside of a term you read in a scouting report somewhere. He completed 67% of his passes at FSU. Won 80% of the games he started. Won four bowl games, and was named MVP in two of them. Seems like the soul of consistency to me. If you have to offer an opinion don't just parrot a thousand others who said something similar about a guy. No one learns anything from that. We can all read.
If you watch his games you'll see that he is a very inconsistent passer and has problems with accuracy especially in big games where the competition is tougher to come by. You do know that he only started 1 full season for Florida St. and was a backup most of his career there. And yes, I read scouting reports from reliable sources who have shown over the years that they know what they are talking about, I suggest you try it out, it actually works.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
If you watch his games you'll see that he is a very inconsistent passer and has problems with accuracy especially in big games where the competition is tougher to come by. You do know that he only started 1 full season for Florida St. and was a backup most of his career there. And yes, I read scouting reports from reliable sources who have shown over the years that they know what they are talking about, I suggest you try it out, it actually works.
LOL, I read the same reports. You don't even change the wording when you comment here. All your opinions should have quotation marks around them.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He started 2 full seasons.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU has very, very good offensive talent. I think that Manuel was basically throwing/handing off to nothing but 4 and 5 stars with a few 3 stars sprinkled in.

OL has underwhelmed, but the but FSU rotated probably 5 guys at WR this year who will all likely play in the NFL.
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Manuel's completion rates in his four seasons were 65.1, 69.9, 65.3, and 68.
His passer ratings 153.3, 151.2, 156. Each year he won a Bowl Game. Where is the "inconsistency"? As for attributing it to all that "talent" around him, none of the offensive players there his final season were there his first season. He played the same throughout his career, pretty much, regardless of who was around him.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who did he really beat in college? He got spanked by Oklahoma in 2011 and did nothing against florida in 2011 as well and got pummeled by Florida again this year.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote