Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about a Randall Cobb comparison for Austin?
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
What about a Randall Cobb comparison for Austin?
Cobb has 2" and 14 lbs on Austin. Denard Robinson is probably a better comp to Cobb.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Cobb has 2" and 14 lbs on Austin. Denard Robinson is probably a better comp to Cobb.
Didn't say they were clones. Just think they could have similar NFL games. GB moved Cobb all over the place; backfield, slot, outside, motioned him. They did a great job creating mismatches with him, which is what I think teams should/will do with Austin. Jackson is Philly's #1 WR and he lines up on the outside almost exclusively. Austin won't be that type of guy. Jackson's also more of a intermediate-to-deep receiver (7-step drop game) while I think Austin's better in a short-to-intermediate routes where you get the ball in his hand earlier and let him create separation with the ball instead of before you get him the ball. I think that's more Cobb than Jackson's game.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't say they were clones. Just think they could have similar NFL games. GB moved Cobb all over the place; backfield, slot, outside, motioned him. They did a great job creating mismatches with him, which is what I think teams should/will do with Austin. Jackson is Philly's #1 WR and he lines up on the outside almost exclusively. Austin won't be that type of guy. Jackson's also more of a intermediate-to-deep receiver (7-step drop game) while I think Austin's better in a short-to-intermediate routes where you get the ball in his hand earlier and let him create separation with the ball instead of before you get him the ball. I think that's more Cobb than Jackson's game.
With what you think Austin will do at the next level his best comparison would be a better version of Dexter McCluster. McCluster is used in a number of different ways including starting out of the backfield. Austin has the edge in explosion and has better receiving skills but from a size / usage stand point that would be the best comparison.

I personally think he is going to be able to develop a full spectrum of WR skills and can contribute in base packages as well as kicking inside to the slot. While I agree he is going to be a nightmare for people to chase in underneath coverage he isn't going to have difficulty stretching the field either.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
With what you think Austin will do at the next level his best comparison would be a better version of Dexter McCluster. McCluster is used in a number of different ways including starting out of the backfield. Austin has the edge in explosion and has better receiving skills but from a size / usage stand point that would be the best comparison.

I personally think he is going to be able to develop a full spectrum of WR skills and can contribute in base packages as well as kicking inside to the slot. While I agree he is going to be a nightmare for people to chase in underneath coverage he isn't going to have difficulty stretching the field either.
Agree. But Jackson hasn't really shown the underneath ability on a consistent basis yet, that's why I don't like that comparison. Either way I think Austin is going to be a good player and I'd honestly take him to the Bears at 20 if none of the top OL are there.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Sully_Sparks
Rookie

Sully_Sparks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Agree. But Jackson hasn't really shown the underneath ability on a consistent basis yet, that's why I don't like that comparison. Either way I think Austin is going to be a good player and I'd honestly take him to the Bears at 20 if none of the top OL are there.
Tavon is a much tougher player then Jackson. A RB in HS hes a pretty tough guy. I dont know if there really is a comparison for his game, size wise i agree with mccluster but thats where the comp stops.
Sully_Sparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully_Sparks View Post
Tavon is a much tougher player then Jackson. A RB in HS hes a pretty tough guy. I dont know if there really is a comparison for his game, size wise i agree with mccluster but thats where the comp stops.
Agreed. I just see a tougher player on tape. Not to say Desean is soft, but he plays like his size. Where as Tavon plays a little bigger than he really is. He will still have issues facing tough DB's that get their paws on him, but I fully expect Tavon to be a 70-90 catch, 7-10 TD, 1100-1300yard player.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote