Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Or you know, maybe they'll lose to Purdue and make this all moot...
Nope....never that easy..

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
This is absolutely hilarious coming from you.
My point is that if you win your conference tournament, then you receive an automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament. Therefore, you have a chance to win the tournament even though you're not from a power six conference. In college football, you have no chance to win the championship from a non-power six conference.

So, I'm taking the perspective of being able to win a championship when I say that conference doesn't matter. From other perspectives, such as money, it does matter. As an example, the power six conferences make a lot of money from their television deals.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Anyone else getting excited for the new "Big East"?

I hope something happens with the ACC and Notre Dame joins these schools. When all around us, schools are breaking up rivalries, and joining conferences that make zero geographic sense, I love that this new conference is setting out to create new, great natural rivalries.
I'm excited about the potential to go home and home during the regular season. Obviously it'll be weaker than the old Big East, but probably better for those schools than it would have been before they broke away. Still a little concerned they'll add too many schools and curious to see who they do add. Also despite some personal ties to the school, I kind of wish we could get rid of Seton Hall since I like most of the other teams that will be in the conference.

Also, Villanova beat G'town for their third top 5 victory at home this season. Hopefully this means we can go dancing this year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or you know, maybe they'll lose to Purdue and make this all moot...
Trey Burke cannot be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity or remorse.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Right, but if you had to choose, most people would choose LA. El Paso is a border town in the middle of the high desert mountains.

It's a weird conservative little place with a violent 3rd world drug gang battleground on the other side of a fence.
The same thing can be said about Nebraska, Iowa, etc. The only reason why they're desirable is because they're power six conference teams. If they were mid-majors, they wouldn't be desirable. San Diego, Los Angeles, etc. are desirable even if they're not in a power six conference.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'm excited about the potential to go home and home during the regular season. Obviously it'll be weaker than the old Big East, but probably better for those schools than it would have been before they broke away. Still a little concerned they'll add too many schools and curious to see who they do add. Also despite some personal ties to the school, I kind of wish we could get rid of Seton Hall since I like most of the other teams that will be in the conference.

Also, Villanova beat G'town for their third top 5 victory at home this season. Hopefully this means we can go dancing this year.
If they add Xavier, Dayton, and St. Joseph's, it could easily be a 4-5 bid league year-in and year-out. The Catholic schools can really recruit. It also doesn't hurt that the talent level in the Northeast is very high.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
If they add Xavier, Dayton, and St. Joseph's, it could easily be a 4-5 bid league year-in and year-out. The Catholic schools can really recruit. It also doesn't hurt that the talent level in the Northeast is very high.
Well supposedly they're adding Xavier and Butler, so those are two strong adds. Not sure about Dayton or St. Joe's since they are okay programs and those markets will be more or less covered already. Think Creighton or St. Louis would make a lot more sense.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
You think Michigan beats Indiana?
I hope not.

Indy has responded to bad losses with great wins before, but winning at Michigan will be really tough.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the Gophers. I'm done torturing myself. I hope they miss the tournament somehow because they don't deserve to be there.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** the Gophers. I'm done torturing myself. I hope they miss the tournament somehow because they don't deserve to be there.
I know...It's terrible. Every time I get my hopes up they lose to a team they have no business losing to, then I get ready to give up on them, then they beat Indiana, so I get my hopes up and then...this.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
With a top 20 rpi? Also, be on the lookout for Nebraska in the near future. Tim Miles is an excellent coach. He's turned around every program he's been at. Very likable guy too.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Minnesota deserves to be in there....they are obviously a little inconsistent last stretch of games...but they deserve to be in there, and you guys will win at least 1st rnd game...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-07-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're going to make it. But going from 8th in the country to below .500 in the conference and losing to Nebraska is pathetic.

They don't deserve anything, their talent to success ratio is horrible. Once again.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
They're going to make it. But going from 8th in the country to below .500 in the conference and losing to Nebraska is pathetic.
I understand and agree....but i've watched them enough...i'll be tempted to make them sweet 16 team depending on bracket...

illinois fans feel your pain probably

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell is there so many Minny fans in here... are the expectations even high for a program like that..?

no

In other news.. 2014 brings in another commit for UNC Justin Jackson groups up with Joel Berry for the #1 class so far.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Why the hell is there so many Minny fans in here... are the expectations even high for a program like that..?

no
Actually the expectations for Minnesota basketball were as high as they've been since Tubby arrived. The Hollins back court with seniors Rodney Williams and Trevor Mbakwe set the potential for the team to be successful this year, but far too often recently the group has looked unmotivated and willing to get their asses kicked (outside the Indiana game).

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until Rashad Vaughn goes there they will be irrelevant.. BUT I do like Tubby as the coach.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post

no

In other news.. 2014 brings in another commit for UNC Justin Jackson groups up with Joel Berry for the #1 class so far.
You think a team gets to be ranked #8 in the country and the fans keep expectations low? Wut?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You think a team gets to be ranked #8 in the country and the fans keep expectations low? Wut?
Do. Not. Feed.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

At the current moment, i just feel like you still have to go with Indiana to win it all....

Or maybe Duke. Have to watch them in ACC tourney with Kelley back for a few games.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

My problem with Duke is their complete lack of depth. Their starting 5 might be the best in the country but they have almost nothing worthwhile off their bench. Their main guys are going to have to play huge minutes in the tournament.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

And Kansas?

Can you depend on Mclemore to carry them through the tourney?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Kansas has a shot but I don't think it will be Mclemore carrying them like Kemba's run a few years ago. He's a great player but too passive at this point to carry a team on his back like that. If they make a run like that they're going to need a big run from Elijah Johnson imo.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Kansas has a shot but I don't think it will be Mclemore carrying them like Kemba's run a few years ago. He's a great player but too passive at this point to carry a team on his back like that. If they make a run like that they're going to need a big run from Elijah Johnson imo.
And Withey dominating the glass.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Withey will probably dominate the paint defensively for them, which will be a big factor. Not many easy buckets with him in there. If Kansas' perimeter guys get hot they could be a threat.