Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey you all suck because of XY that has nothing to do with anything. Zing!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just cause I like their site and want to see them continue expanding into the english language, even if it's a hilariously literal translation. SV's Manu-Madrid write up:

http://spielverlagerung.de/2013/03/0...eal-madrid-12/

EDIT: lol Balotelli, so awesome.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 03-06-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Just cause I like their site and want to see them continue expanding into the english language, even if it's a hilariously literal translation. SV's Manu-Madrid write up:

http://spielverlagerung.de/2013/03/0...eal-madrid-12/

EDIT: lol Balotelli, so awesome.
parody account. Baloltelli
Old 03-07-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hatem is back. Sexy. Strange lineup for Newcastle though, no striker. Let's see how it goes. Getting to the last 16 made the Europa campaign a success, beating Anzhi would be gravy.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mission accomplished for nufc. Away goal would've been nice, a 0-0 is more than most expected. I'm so taking a half day next Thursday so I can watch.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good result!

Away goal would've been perfect, but yeah, can't complain with a 0-0 draw away from home. And Anzhi are a good team. Set us up nicely for the home leg with Cisse back giving something upfront.

If we get through this round who knows what we could do.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 minutes in...Bale strikes again.

edit: and now he's on yellow card suspension for the next match :(

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-07-2013 at 02:21 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just booked my home stand tickets for Everton v. Man City. It's gonna be sweet.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ugh, Spurs are so winning the EL. Does anyone know if teams from the same country can draw each other in the QF?

Last edited by Rob S : 03-07-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure. It will be interesting to see how Chelsea and Zenit respond at home, though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Just booked my home stand tickets for Everton v. Man City. It's gonna be sweet.
Massively jealous man. Gonna be so sick. Are you studying in Liverpool?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Not sure. It will be interesting to see how Chelsea and Zenit respond at home, though.
Just looked it up and you can.....I don't want to see Spurs. Next round should be interesting though. Agreed.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anzhi are still a huge threat. That team has great offensive talent and are good at strangling the game and protecting their own net.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Anzhi are still a huge threat. That team has great offensive talent and are good at strangling the game and protecting their own net.
Obviously. Not assuming Newcastle are through at all, but they're probably the favorites at this point.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Ugh, Spurs are so winning the EL. Does anyone know if teams from the same country can draw each other in the QF?
I am fairly certain they can. You better hope you don't draw us :)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This article is a real interesting look at being an US fan and an MLS fan.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/relega...id/728?cc=5901

I'm sure many of you will disagree with it, but I think if you want to root for the national team you have to root for the local game as well.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
This article is a real interesting look at being an US fan and an MLS fan.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/relega...id/728?cc=5901

I'm sure many of you will disagree with it, but I think if you want to root for the national team you have to root for the local game as well.
I don't see why you have to. If you watch MLS you won't even see more than half of the players on the national team.

The MLS won't draw in a new soccer fan. But the World Cup will. So if someone tunes into the MLS thinking they are going to see some of the players they know from the World Cup, they are going to be disappointed.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Having the MLS do well would certainly do good things for US soccer. I want the MLS to continually get better, but that doesn't mean I watch it. I do get excited when our players go to solid international clubs in good leagues.

To be honest, the thing that would benefit US soccer the most in my eyes (and naturally improve the MLS) is for our youth system to improve.

This is a pretty good article that lays out some of the aspects we need to and are trying to improve and how we compare to other countries: http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/1055?cc=5901
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't see why you have to. If you watch MLS you won't even see more than half of the players on the national team.

The MLS won't draw in a new soccer fan. But the World Cup will. So if someone tunes into the MLS thinking they are going to see some of the players they know from the World Cup, they are going to be disappointed.
I think the MLS could draw in fans. The gameday experience of MLS games is probably the best of the US pro sports. I think MLS and NHL have the most engaged fans of any of the leagues.

However, I don't think that is the point of this article. It is more for people who choose to only root for a EPL/La Liga/Serie A team even if they have a local team at home they choose to ignore. The only way for the US to be a consistent factor on the international stage is to support the product at home.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Having the MLS do well would certainly do good things for US soccer. I want the MLS to continually get better, but that doesn't mean I watch it. I do get excited when our players go to solid international clubs in good leagues.

To be honest, the thing that would benefit US soccer the most in my eyes (and naturally improve the MLS) is for our youth system to improve.

This is a pretty good article that lays out some of the aspects we need to and are trying to improve and how we compare to other countries: http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/1055?cc=5901
I think the MLS is making good strides in the development circles. Each club now has academies and the MLS is creating benefits for having home grown players on your team. There will be some bumps in the road as this will take away from high school teams. A lot of people won't like it.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a couple of guys that play in the MLS so I keep up with them but outside of that the majority of my watching goes to all the other leagues.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

High school and college soccer teams are the problem with the MLS youth development. No player who's to be a high level pro benefits from playing in college when compared to joining an academy in europe. That's why I think that the way to improve the US NT is to establish some programs with a handful of european academies for top american young players to go develop together. Have the american FA set up some barracks for the players to stay at with some cultural adjustment coaches.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Massively jealous man. Gonna be so sick. Are you studying in Liverpool?
Nope, near Birmingham, making a day trip out of it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dudes, Wigan.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Nathan Baker (Villa) just scored one of the worst own goals I've ever seen (excluding youtube of course).

Last edited by Rob S : 03-09-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote