Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-03-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones and Carradine are both injury risks though. I like that talent though but after getting burned by Best, Delmas, Broyles, Spievey and Bentley lately with injuries, I kind of want to Detroit to stay away from known injury risks. Though I love Jones ability. But then again you have Milliner with an injury too and Joeckel or Fisher could unluckily get hurt Week 1.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that top pick has to be injury free. I want Houston resigned, Fisher taken 1st pick, a safety within the next 2 picks, and another defensive end. Q. Smith later on represents valuable depth and a reasonable risk/reward. Tank Carradine is worth the 2nd round pick, but its a borderline judgement call and we don't have the medicals. Our 2nd pick is where we've been burned recently, so I would try and trade down a few spots to pick up another pick in the mid rounds and maximize our potential draft rather than risk on an injury potential. Trade down to secure another 4th and Phillip Thomas later in the 2nd would be ideal.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher, Carradine, Thomas, Quanterius Smith, maybe Jamie Collins OLB and throw a couple bodies at RB and WR.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Ezekiel Ansah supposedly didn't even work out for the combine and he put those numbers up.

Instead of training like all other players, he was supposedly focusing on his classes. His agent says, his 4.6 40 was the first 40 he has ever run in his life.

I am very interested in how he performs at his pro day now to see if there is a noticeable improvement. Between this, his already impressive 40 time, and Schwartz coaching him at the senior bowl I think he is definitely in the discussion at 5.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
I agree Lions will NOT take him. I am saying somebody will though between 25-40. We need speed/pass rushing at OLB with Tulloch in the middle. And Te'o doesn't exactly provide that.

I wanna see Jarvis Jones' pro day and some sort of official medical clearance from some doctors as well. If all of a sudden he is cleared and blows up at his pro day...thats another option at 5. But he does scare me in a medical issues down the road type of way.
If he passes his medical with flying colours and has what people expect, pro day, then, he could easily go #1 in the draft because that is where he would go if it wasn't for the health issues. I doubt we get a shot if the above occurs.

I agree, TE'o will likely be a round 2 pick but could go anywhere from 25-40.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
So Ezekiel Ansah supposedly didn't even work out for the combine and he put those numbers up.

Instead of training like all other players, he was supposedly focusing on his classes. His agent says, his 4.6 40 was the first 40 he has ever run in his life.

I am very interested in how he performs at his pro day now to see if there is a noticeable improvement. Between this, his already impressive 40 time, and Schwartz coaching him at the senior bowl I think he is definitely in the discussion at 5.
Yeah, but he didn't say, it was the first time he had ever run on a track. I don't think the Lions will bit on draft day for a boom or bust prospect like Ansah. He will be nothing more than a situational pass rusher for the next 2 years before he will be anywhere near ready to start full time. After all, he has only started 9 collegian games and is hardly ready for full time service in the NFL.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree on not taking Ansah. The number 5 pick in the draft should not primarily be based on potential with little production/game tape backing it up.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7 tackles, 3.5 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble and a pass breakup in one game with Schwartz.

If our staff, who spent a week with him says that he's our man, then he's our man. We have the simplest scheme possible that apparently doesn't ask our DEs to help with the run. He should have very little adjustments to make.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm intrigued by Ansah. I wouldn't be heart broken over the pick.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
7 tackles, 3.5 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble and a pass breakup in one game with Schwartz.

If our staff, who spent a week with him says that he's our man, then he's our man. We have the simplest scheme possible that apparently doesn't ask our DEs to help with the run. He should have very little adjustments to make.
I agree. I think if Milliner is off the board this pick wouldn't upset me all that much. Bruce Irving made a huge impact for Seattle as a situational pass rusher.

He is an intriguing talent that our coaching staff had the luxury of coaching for the senior bowl. His job, just like Avril's kind of was is going to be get to the QB. I think he could handle that..
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Philly released Nnamdi today. Probably a safe bet they are targeting Milliner at 4 after losing both of their CBs.

Leaves us between Fischer, Ziggy, Jones most likely.

McShay's new draft had us taking Ziggy. I like it personally.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really hoping for Millner, but I'm ok if we go Fisher,Joeckel,Ansah,Mingo or maybe Jones. I know they say Jones is cleared, but a spine issue just scares me.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Personally, I think the talk of moving Reiff to RG is very disappointing because I think it shows that the Lions don't believe that he can play LT. Ideally Reiff could play LT and then the Lions could try to trade down and draft Warmack and pick up an extra 2nd.

Drafting at #5, I wouldn't mind Joeckel, Fisher, Millner, Ansah, Mingo or a trade down for Warmack or Cooper. Either way, we should get somebody that can make an impact on the field.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Personally, I think the talk of moving Reiff to RG is very disappointing because I think it shows that the Lions don't believe that he can play LT. Ideally Reiff could play LT and then the Lions could try to trade down and draft Warmack and pick up an extra 2nd.

Drafting at #5, I wouldn't mind Joeckel, Fisher, Millner, Ansah, Mingo or a trade down for Warmack or Cooper. Either way, we should get somebody that can make an impact on the field.
I'd be open to reiff at guard and us drafting Fischer at 5. It creates a lot of moving pieces however. And if our staff thinks Reiff would make a very good OG, then it pisses me off they didnt play him there last year.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It probably has more to do with getting the best 5 OL on the field. It certainly explains why Mayhew was watching Eric Fisher.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...st_pre-dr.html

Justin Hunter WR pre draft visit
Old 03-07-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Mother of god. I've always wondered what a team consisting of Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson would look like.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-07-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Another 2nd round WR.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Gotta hit gold one of these days, right?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Gotta hit gold one of these days, right?
Not sure he'd even be there in the second for us but it's a good thing they got a look at him. Of all the guys we brought in last year, 2 ended up on our team.

However, wouldn't be shocking to see him go to one of the teams in our division so getting a book on him now should only help.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

We do need a Titus replacement(which is cheaper from the draft), but I figured we'd hear more about potential running backs. Schwartz and Mayhew keep talking about them, maybe they are just hinting at Bush.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

I like the fit Bush seems to be for this offense but unless he comes cheap, I don't see the reason we should sign him. We could sign similar talents UDFA.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Similar talents" in UDFAs may be minimizing Bush's talents a touch. Or quite a bit. He's not an every down back, but the Lions should be able to squeeze at least 1,200 APY and half a dozen scores out of him without a problem. Doubt you'd get that with an UDFA.

I'd take him for 2 at $7mil. I think his impact would be quite noticable in our offence.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Plus return ability for Bush. Kills 2 birds with one stone.

Believe he got 2 years 9 million with Miami in 2011. He's older so hopefully cheaper but you never know. I like Jonathan Franklin though if we draft another one.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda don't care who we pick this year.. Maybe it's just because I'm not into it like I was before, but I just want to get good players dammit.