Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated my board and added tiers.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Here's a rough Colts big board, ignoring positions I don't think we should try to address in the draft. Obviously we won't have a shot at some of these guys.

DT Star Lotulelei
OLB Jarvis Jones
OLB Damontre Moore
OG Chance Warmack
OT Luke Joeckel
OT Eric Fisher
OLB Bjoern Werner
CB Dee Milliner

DE Sheldon Richardson
OLB Barkevious Mingo
OLB Ezekiel Ansah
OLB Dion Jordan

WR Cordarelle Patterson
OT/OG DJ Fluker
OG Jonathan Cooper
DE Datone Jones
CB Xavier Rhodes

OLB Sam Montgomery
CB Desmond Trufant
OG Travis Frederick
OG Larry Warford

DL Jesse Williams
DE Sharrif Floyd
S Kenny Vaccaro
OT Lane Johnson
OG/C Barrett Jones
S Eric Reid
One guy you forgot to list as Jonathan Banks, who Kiper/McShay have us taking -___-

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I really don't want to select Banks. Rhodes is my favorite CB. Nice board killxswitch!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put Hankins in there also, even if you don't view NT as a big need.

I've watched him play and he is a beast.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really interested in Banks. He's a FS at the next level IMO. And I refuse to consider DTs from Ohio State.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really interested in Banks. He's a FS at the next level IMO. And I refuse to consider DTs from Ohio State.
Not all of them are addicted to video games...

... I don't think.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitcock FTW!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...anapolis-colts

Rumored Freeney will be gone next season. Best of luck to him. I appreciate all he did for the franchise.

EDIT: And also Austin Collie. I hate that. Loved the way he played. Just took some unfortunate hits.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's time for Freeney to move on from Indy. It's a good move for both sides. We don't win a SB w/out him. As for Collie, wished he had stayed healthy. He was a tremendous player when Manning was still here. Really think he should consider retiring.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Updated Colts 1st round board now that just about everybody has run:

DT Star Lotulelei
CB Dee Milliner
OG Chance Warmack
OT Eric Fisher
OT Luke Joeckel
OLB Jarvis Jones
OLB Ezekiel Ansah
OG Jonathan Cooper
CB Xavier Rhodes

OLB Dion Jordan
OT Lane Johnson
CB Desmond Trufant
OT/OG DJ Fluker
OLB Tank Carradine
OLB Damontre Moore
OLB Barkevious Mingo
DE Datone Jones
OLB Bjoern Werner

DE Sheldon Richardson
DE Sharrif Floyd
S Shamarko Thomas

OG Larry Warford
S Kenny Vaccaro
C Barrett Jones

I may be overrating or underrating a few players based on combine performance, we'll see how it stands in a couple weeks.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 02-26-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I wonder if health issues might push Star down.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I wonder if health issues might push Star down.
I heard somewhere that it was just dehydration. But yeah I wonder the same thing.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

DT Star Lotulelei-
CB Dee Milliner-
OG Chance Warmack- =/ not happening
OT Eric Fisher-
OT Luke Joeckel
OLB Jarvis Jones
OLB Ezekiel Ansah
OG Jonathan Cooper- still hoping we can get him
CB Xavier Rhodes- He is growing on me

OLB Dion Jordan- not sure on him yet. need to read more
OT Lane Johnson- he's an o-lineman so of course i want him
CB Desmond Trufant- ehhhh
OT/OG DJ Fluker- hopeful but I think he will be gone
OLB Tank Carradine- same as Dion Jordan
OLB Barkevious Mingo- No
DE Datone Jones- Same as Carradine

DE Sheldon Richardson- out of range
DE Sharrif Floyd- out of range
S Shamarko Thomas- See Dion Jordan

OLB Bjoern Werner- out of range
OLB Damontre Moore- out of range
OG Larry Warford- ehh not 1st round value
S Kenny Vaccaro- If we go defense rather have a lineman or CB but the value is good
C Barrett Jones- I'd be on board with him in the first he is very versatile

I may be overrating or underrating a few players based on combine performance, we'll see how it stands in a couple weeks.
My thoughts on the big board

Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I heard somewhere that it was just dehydration. But yeah I wonder the same thing.
I heard the same. I don't think we have any shot at him at all. If he does fall it won't be out of the top 10.

I think there's a solid chance we can draft Richardson. I'm just not sure I even want him at this point. He's shorter and slower than I expected, didn't prove his explosion. I'm just not sure he's a good fit at 5 tech. There are some solid options for 4-3 DTs and also NTs but I don't like taking a 2 down run stuffer in the 1st. Bad value.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Moved Moore and Werner up a bit. I overreacted to combine stuff. I didn't realize Moore was so young. I bet he'll be way better at his pro day. An NFL strength and conditioning program will help him a lot.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:

DT Star Lotulelei
CB Dee Milliner
OG Chance Warmack
OT Eric Fisher
OT Luke Joeckel
OLB Jarvis Jones - would love to get him on a slide if we miss out on Barwin and Kruger in FA
OLB Ezekiel Ansah - would be sensational
OG Jonathan Cooper - feel like his combine might push him out of our range now but solid pick
CB Xavier Rhodes

I like your tier 1s. They reflect just that. We probably won't have a shot at most of these guys.

OLB Dion Jordan - might have him in tier 1. He seems like an ideal fit for a 34 OLB
OT Lane Johnson - love this guy
CB Desmond Trufant - actually really like him. I have him as my 3rd corner next to Millner and Rhodes
OT/OG DJ Fluker - beast
OLB Tank Carradine - Don't know anything about him (whoops)
OLB Damontre Moore - Really don't think we have a shot, but I really like him. Maybe a tier 1?
OLB Barkevious Mingo - I actually would love to get him, but I think we miss out
DE Datone Jones - I don't know too much about him tbh
OLB Bjoern Werner - seems out of range and I haven't looked at him much because I knew the Colts would probably not have a shot at him

DE Sheldon Richardson - combine might push him away from us and I might put him in tier 2
DE Sharrif Floyd - stock seems to be rising above us but I agree with his placement on our board
S Shamarko Thomas - this is interesting I haven't heard much about him. I should check him out.

OG Larry Warford
S Kenny Vaccaro
C Barrett Jones

I would be slightly bummed with these guys so they are good for low tiers

I appreciate your thoughts on the board. It is an excellent outline of who the Colts should be looking at. Nice job as always killxswitch

Did the same as BSD and added my thoughts. I don't have much negative to say. I pretty much agree. Thanks for the board to work off of killxswitch!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Fili was resigned to a one year deal and I suspect they'll offer a similar one to Powers. I think these are good depth signings. At worst they'd both be non starters and can fill in as need be. Boomstick got the franchise tag. Saturday retired a Colt and has a job with the team.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Winston being on the market should drive the market price for a RT down some. That is off course good for us. I am optimistically hoping for 2 guards and a tackle in FA. Louis Vasquez, Donald Thomas, and Winston/Vollmer/Cherilus. Don't want Andre Smith's price tag.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

So assuming we get them what would the depth chart be based off of talent?

? Castonzo/Vasquez/Shipley/Thomas/Vollmer ?

I really hope we put money in FA into OL and DL. I think we can find corners relatively easily in the draft and pass rushers can be found in the draft as well. I would much rather have an experienced line and some guys we know can play 5tech.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yes, that is exactly the line I would envision. They could flip the guards but I doubt it. However, I am expecting any day that the Pats will announce they've signed Vollmer to an extension. Just because they are assholes like that.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I agree with that idea RCA. Not only because this draft is deep with DBs and pass-rushers but also because good Corners and Pass-Rushers cost A TON in Free Agency.

I really wish we had more picks in this draft. It seems to be tailor-made for our team. It has very good depth at areas that we need (OLB, DB and OL).

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I agree with that idea RCA. Not only because this draft is deep with DBs and pass-rushers but also because good Corners and Pass-Rushers cost A TON in Free Agency.

I really wish we had more picks in this draft. It seems to be tailor-made for our team. It has very good depth at areas that we need (OLB, DB and OL).
I feel the same way. It's kind of a bad year to have lots of cap space and not many picks. I wish we could buy some more picks.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Should we take a look at any of the veteran DB's that have been released?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am definitely interested in Dawan Landry. Pagano coached him for several seasons so he knows the system and culture already. But he apparently doesn't suck like Zbikowski does. He's still fairly young and from what I've read played well for Jacksonville. Which is why it's weird that they cut him.

Clemons, Quin, and Delmas are also worth a look IMO.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

FA Players I'm interested in.

OL
Sebastian Vollmer
Louis Vasquez
Andy Levitre
Eric Winston
Gosder Cherilus

DL
Richard Seymour
Mike DeVito
Glenn Dorsey (run support)
Jason Jones
Arthur Jones (RFA)

OLB
Paul Kruger
Connor Barwin
Shaun Phillips

CB
Sean Smith
Keenan Lewis
Chris Houston
Cary Williams

S
Glover Quinn
Dashon Goldson
William Moore

I'm sure I missed some people, but I guess these people are mainly on the radar for me. Some of them I'm not entirely sure on and they aren't in any particular order.

Mostly would like to draft WRs, CBs, S, and LBs.

I think positions that require experience like OL and specialized 3-4 positions like 5tech are important to address in FA.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote: