Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
If DJ Flucker is there for the Bengals that is who they should take. Andre Smith is likely not coming back with his too high asking price plus I don't see Ogletree to the Bengals in the 1st. They have put higher value on character with higher draft picks.
Brought this up in the other post, but even though he wasn't a 'high' pick the bengals still took orson Charles last year. Arguably the worst character out of anyone in the draft last year. Maybe not as bad as ogletree, but Marvin Lewis seems to have a knack for getting studs with character issues and rehabilitating them. If any team is gonna take ogletree in the 1st I think it's the bengals.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Brought this up in the other post, but even though he wasn't a 'high' pick the bengals still took orson Charles last year. Arguably the worst character out of anyone in the draft last year. Maybe not as bad as ogletree, but Marvin Lewis seems to have a knack for getting studs with character issues and rehabilitating them. If any team is gonna take ogletree in the 1st I think it's the bengals.
Janoris Jenkins was the worst player last year and and from what I read he was not even on the Bengals draft board.

If Ogletree fell to 3rd or 4th round then Yes the Bengals more then likely take him. They still take character issued players they just don't use premium picks on them so they don't get burned like they did in the past.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 03-07-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Janoris Jenkins was the worst player last year and he was not even on the Bengals draft board.
Not really. He kept his nose clean for a year. Avtually Alfonso dennard was the worst. Orson Charles got a DUI and got arrested very recently before the draft.

How do you know Jenkins wasn't on the bengals board? Curious about that
Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really. He kept his nose clean for a year. Avtually Alfonso dennard was the worst. Orson Charles got a DUI and got arrested very recently before the draft.

How do you know Jenkins wasn't on the bengals board? Curious about that
A article I read from what of the Bengals beat writers after the draft. Charles, Jenkins and Dennard all fell because of it. The same thing will happen to Ogletree I highly doubt he goes in the 1st Round.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-07-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
A article I read from what of the Bengals beat writers after the draft. Charles, Jenkins and Dennard all fell because of it. The same thing will happen to Ogletree I highly doubt he goes in the 1st Round.
Right but my point is if Charles was clearly not taken off the Bengals' board how could this writer know for a fact that Jenkins was off the board? A lot of people had Kirkpatrick rated higher than Jenkins (I wasn't one, but still) so that doesn't really prove anything.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Right but my point is if Charles was clearly not taken off the Bengals' board how could this writer know for a fact that Jenkins was off the board? A lot of people had Kirkpatrick rated higher than Jenkins (I wasn't one, but still) so that doesn't really prove anything.
Like the I said if Ogletree falls to the 3rd or 4th then the Bengals would more then likely take him. The Bengals have put a higher value on character for premium picks.

Like last year when I would argue with people for giving the Bengals Janoris Jenkins in the 1st and saying that they put higher value on character then they use too.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 03-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Like the I said if Ogletree falls to the 3rd or 4th then the Bengals would more then likely take him. The Bengals have put a higher value on character for premium picks.

Like last year when I would argue with people for giving the Bengals Janoris Jenkins in the 1st and saying that they put higher value on character then they use too.
It's a bit different than that though. Jenkins wasn't the clear #2 corner a lot of people had Kirkpatrick rated higher. If there were no character concerns, ogletree is the best LB in this class by a mile an I don't think there's anyone who would debate that.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
It's a bit different than that though. Jenkins wasn't the clear #2 corner a lot of people had Kirkpatrick rated higher. If there were no character concerns, ogletree is the best LB in this class by a mile an I don't think there's anyone who would debate that.
Jenkins would have been a top 10-15 pick if was not for the character concerns. People only had Kirkpatrick ranked higher because of Jenkins character problems. Ogletree is the same way, but more then likely he will drop to the middle of the 2nd round. Ogletree is not the clear cut number 1 LB just because of the character problem from a talent stand point yes, but I have see people rank Kevin Minter and Manti Te'o over him because of it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Koolkid27
Rookie

Koolkid27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm not saying Fisher is the better prospect, I'm saying I THINK he is.

And Joeckel had some bad games too. Put on the Florida game, he gets absolutely crushed. He also had a lot of games where he didn't really pass protect. Teams were much more afraid of Manziel running, so he got by in a lot of games with doing very little.

I think Joeckel has a higher floor, but I think Fisher has a higher ceiling.
Joeckels floor is higher then Fishers ceiling.
Koolkid27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry but any OT at 1 is a horrible pick
Old 03-08-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of DeAndre to SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Not a fan of DeAndre to SF
Care to elaborate?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolkid27 View Post
Joeckels floor is higher then Fishers ceiling.
I disagree with this completely. Joeckel is only an "elite" prospect this year because of the talent around him. He's being way overrated.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I disagree with this completely. Joeckel is only an "elite" prospect this year because of the talent around him. He's being way overrated.
To be sure, he was the 2nd highest rated prospect entering the 2012 CFB season, behind only Barkley.

Edit: Maybe 3rd behind Mingo too actually, either way he was top 5 before the season even started.

Last edited by Robcards : 03-08-2013 at 11:58 AM.