Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Yeah, I could jump on board with that too.

I still feel like the best thing to do would be to add a 3 so Parsons moves to the bench though.
Parsons has been their second best player, I don't know what moving him to the bench accomplishes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Parsons has been their second best player, I don't know what moving him to the bench accomplishes.
Imagine if HE got to the line more, amiright?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
There's this thing called depth. Parsons playing how he is on less than a million a year would be perfect depth to have before you decide whether you wanna pay him market value.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On an unrelated note, Denver is giving up 4.5 to the Clippers tonight in Denver.

Why shouldn't I take the Clippers big here?

Old 03-07-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
How do you feel a guy like Josh Smith or Rudy *** would have fared on this team if they were able to trade for either one at the deadline?
Nothing really. I don't think Rudy Cool or Josh Smith changes the dynamic of the team at all. Josh Smith would be interesting, but I don't see it increasing the total team skill drastically up. They need a perimeter defender in the worst way. Even if it is some one like Thabo Sefolosha.

Houston is a bunch of pieces but I don't see a team assembled from those pieces. That said they have a bunch of pieces to get in a sign and trade situation for a Dwight Howard or a trade for Kevin Love. They have cap room for both to work. Dwight/Love/XYZ/Harden/Lin is a pretty fun little line-up. They would just need a stopper at the 3 and I would like the team a lot. There are few teams where you need two good post defenders but many where you need two good perimeter defenders.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Imagine if HE got to the line more, amiright?
That would matter if I was comparing him to Harden, which I am not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
There's this thing called depth. Parsons playing how he is on less than a million a year would be perfect depth to have before you decide whether you wanna pay him market value.
They have one of the best backup centers in the league, that helps.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On an unrelated note, Denver is giving up 4.5 to the Clippers tonight in Denver.

Because Denver is downright unstoppable at home.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two topics for intense heated debate:

1. is Kobe Bryant a Hall of Famer?
2. Will the Miami Heat make the playoffs this year?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

Because Denver is the best home team in the league?

RIP TheManInBlack
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston has a bright future ahead of them. They're insanely young, have a great GM, and they have the pieces and cap space to add another star.

I think it'd be a great place for Dwight to go. Asik is a good big, on a reasonable deal, so he can likely be packaged with a young player or two for another very good player. Plus the spotlight isn't nearly as bright in Houston as it is in LA, which I honestly think would serve Dwight best.

I actually really like Parsons. He'd be an awesome 4th or 5th option on a contending team. It'll be interesting to see what they do with that cap space and young guys like TRob, Smith, Donuts, TJones. Too bad they wasted that pick on Royce.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-07-2013 at 03:46 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Clippers are on a back to back in altitude versus a team with a very good home record and bigs that athletically can keep up with Blake and DeAndre. They also have the perimeter defenders to stay on the shooters.

Also as always, Vinny Del Negro.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Melo vs OKC. Too bad, was looking forward to a potential matchup between him and Durant tonight.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
No Melo vs OKC. Too bad, was looking forward to a potential matchup between him and Durant tonight.
JR Smith vs. Durant doesn't get you as excited? Schweird.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
JR Smith vs. Durant doesn't get you as excited? Schweird.
Tyson Chandler offensive juggernaut v.s. Durant

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

If the Nuggets win the West, this thread will become my own empire. Mark my words, children.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You backed off that prediction so no, it won't.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You backed off that prediction so no, it won't.
No I didn't, it's still in my yearly predictions. I said I was starting to believe more in the Wolves and a Wolves/Nugs WCF, but that didn't factor in 800000 injuries. I said I still think the Clippers are the favorites in the West also, but I believe in the Nugs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You said the Wolves would come out of the west. Only one team can come out of the west. That's backing off.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Meh, I'm giving it to myself since your entire team got injured and everyone else shat on me for riding the Nugs so far.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The clips are frauds.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
BucSquad
Rookie

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

21 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds, 0 turnovers, 9/15 FG for Lawson. After a slow start has been killing it lately.

Bonekrusher
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope, you don't get it Brodeur. You backed off it once the season started, and you did say Wolves. Besides, they still gotta go through the WCF juggernaut so chill out buddy.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Nope, you don't get it Brodeur. You backed off it once the season started, and you did say Wolves. Besides, they still gotta go through the WCF juggernaut so chill out buddy.
I just explained that, so I'm gonna becoming King of the thread when they win the West. Deal with it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
21 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds, 0 turnovers, 9/15 FG for Lawson. After a slow start has been killing it lately.
He is a legit NBA championship caliber starting PG.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-08-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
The clips are frauds.
Let's relax. I realize I was blinded by my homer glasses last night when they went in to Denver as far as putting money on them but to call them frauds is ridiculous. We all know how good Denver is at home. I'll still take the Clippers to beat anyone but the Thunder in the West in a best of 7, though. Ironically, that statement is coming from a Lakers fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
He is a legit NBA championship caliber starting PG.
Eh. Not so sure about all of that.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 03-08-2013 at 12:10 PM.